Author Topic: Crafting for Minimum Resists  (Read 14608 times)

Scrripty

Re: Crafting for Minimum Resists
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2011, 11:56:27 AM »
The only time I ever use LS is against 160's.
 Against mediocre ML creatures like Miasma which can be 160's I just stand still and don't spam anything...even with 100 in Lockpicking.
I've run with 30 HCI for about 2 years now and I haven't seen myself missing against the 160's when employing  LS. So why go 45 when I can get the job done with 30?
I'll also use Counter Attack religiously in tandem with LS against the toughest 160's like Ilhenir, Rend and Rikktor.

You're talking about fighting solo monsters.  I'm talking about fighting a ton of spawn.  90 percent of the time I'm farming for resources not killing one solo monster at a time.  It makes sense in that situation to have 45 hit cause you're whirlwinding 24/7 to leech max amounts of health/mana/stamina back to survive the onslaught.  Each to their own, if you are fighting a huge monster and using ls, there's no need at all for hit chance, so maybe having 2 suits is a good idea in that case. :)  I'll stick with my hit chance for them too tho, cause there's NO WAY you can keep ls up 24/7 without using a script and even then, you'll miss ocasionally like when you cast spells, cause you can't retoggle your specials right after casting.  There's a delay.  I dont like changing tactics 24/7, so I just set it to the best tactic and forget it.  If you're doing the undead spawn in SA, and you have 2 skeletal liches on you, a renowned lich lord, 4 or 5 of those green zombies... you're gonna want hit chance and whirlwind. :)  Believe me.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2011, 12:02:43 PM »
Seriously, Drop SS and go with Anatomy. You'll see a BIG increase in damage.

There's a few trains of thought on Samp builds (notice the derail reference snuck in?).

Swap Anatomy in and out with Resist depending on what your fighting.

Or what I'm currently doing....

Dropped Parry for Healing.

Yes you heard that right, I have no Parry on my Sampire. I lose the ability to evade which is huge, but I can heal more damage then I would have blocked... so Healing for me is a bit better then Parry.

OH, and with healing I can cross heal which is critical to the way I play ;). Twin Sampires tossing 2 sec heals on each other while they LS and Crit something to death is a wonderful thing. It's so nice that sometimes I bring 3 ;)

I disagree the damage bonus from Anatomy is nominal when using the right elemental weapon because you hit the cap already the Bonus from Anatomy (though not included in the Cap) is not worth it. With 120 Anatomy I was hitting Miasma for roughly 10 more points of damage instead of 80 I was doing 90. Not worth it...Elemental weapons will offset the bonus received from Anatomy.

Against monsters where there is no danger of dying Anatomy can be a nice perk. When there is a high risk of dieing you need more defense (Parry) and less offense (Anatomy).

I agree with Cerveza about swapping out Anatomy, Resisting Spells, and Parry depending on what your fighting. But as a general rule the damage bonus of Anatomy isn't what players make it out to be if your using Elemental Weapons.

Healing can be good against many monsters until you run into one that Poisons you. I doubt that template would work well against the Putrifier or Ilhenir. Many monsters don't poison though and it would probably be effective in more situations than it wouldn't.

I like being ready at all times for all things. ;)

I'd keep the Spirit Speak and in fact bump it up to 80 (Lower the Chivalry= Put +15 Chivalry on the Ring and Bracelet). Curse Weapon which is based on Spirit Speak is the grand - Daddy Ace in the Hole Card and allows you to really get aggresive when you want to and can bail you out of some seriosly harry situations.

See...I told you we wouldn't all agree!

Confused yet Paulonius!? :P

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 12:10:03 PM »
But Anatomy/Strength/Tactics/Lumberjacking is added to the Equipment side of the cap (100 point side) and isn't included in the 300% cap.... I think.

I can't get any reference sites from here so I can't check it. But skill enhanced damage isn't subject to the 300% cap.

100% from items
200% from buffs (EoO, Slayer, Divine Fury)

OH just read your post again Ultima... you agree LOL. My point was going from 0 to 100 Anatomy will be a huge increase in damage. Isn't it close to 50%? And that bonus will add into any elemental weapons or other stuff. It raises base I believe.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2011, 12:13:53 PM »
Anatomy is applied to your base damage before any item DI or buffs.  The bonus is 55% at GM Anat.

So yes, it does have a huge effect on the amount of damage you do and the amount of mana/stam/life you can leech back.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2011, 12:15:18 PM »
Maybe some more extensive testing is needed...

I just know that against Miasma I swapped out 120 Parry for 120 Anatomy. With my 100% Fire Double Axe I went from 80 Damage to 90 Damage.

That's less than 10% damage increase.

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions off a test against one Monster Miasma and I should try some other monsters.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:17:00 PM by Ultima »

Scrripty

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 12:18:44 PM »
You're right that skill based damage increase does NOT add to your 300% cap.  So it pays to have 100 or 120 in each tacs/anat.  I go for 100/100 because it gives you a bonus for having both at 100 and makes it less than necessary to have them much higher.  Although still good to go higher if you can fit it.  I believe anat is 5 percent bonus for having 100 and not sure what the bonus is for having BOTH at 100.  But I'm pretty sure there is one.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »
Maybe some more extensive testing is needed...

I just know that against Miasma I swapped out 120 Parry for 120 Anatomy. With my 100% Fire Double Axe I went from 80 Damage to 90 Damage.

That's less than 10% damage increase.

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions off a test against one Monster Miasma and I should try some other monsters.

Keep in mind that it is working off of the base damage of the weapon that you are using also.  Could fool the eye with the numbers there depending on what you have equipped. Sounds pretty close to right with a double axe.

It's not always as noticeable depending on what tactics you are using.  It becomes a lot easier to see if you are using Honor and reach the higher levels of perfection.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 12:22:53 PM »
And if you have Parry + Bushido you will gain an additional 2 seconds of Evasion if your Tactics && Anatomy are both 100 or better.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 12:25:59 PM »
And if you have Parry + Bushido you will gain an additional 2 seconds of Evasion if your Tactics && Anatomy are both 100 or better.

Gah, I need to add a check for that to the dexer.  I forgot.  I'll just check it at the beginning of the script and set it to #true/#false for if the char has the bonus or not.  One line of code extra in the script to check the variable and set the timer correctly for Evade.  Probly screwed some people up without anat... made evade go off 2 seconds later. heh

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 12:51:26 PM »
I'm certainly not investing 120 skill points for a 10% Damage increase..that's laughable.

I suggest you guys test yourselves as well by bringing the right Elemental Weapon against a particular monster trying both with Anatomy and without Anatomy to see the damage difference.

MeWonUO...the numbers aren't lying when their popping up over Miasma's head. Without Anatomy roughly in the 80's...with Anatomy 90's.

I'll put on 120 Anatomy for Bedlam and the Twisted Weald because the extra damage is needed in order to progress the spawn but besides those two  I can't think of any other spawns or Bosses where I would use 120 Anatomy in place of Parry or MR.

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 01:47:05 PM »
First three I made and none of them have DI on them.  I put LRC on them anyway. I hate regs.

Stupid 100% enhance thing you have to buy from UOStore, but I didn't feel like making these 50 times so I bought it.

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Wood Arms1.png
Wood Gauntlet1.png
Wood Gorget1.png
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:52:44 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2011, 09:18:40 AM »
Update:  I have made 20 successfully enhanced peices now, but I have had no luck getting the DI gorget.  I have made a couple of sets of HCI though. For the moment I am running around with 90 DI and a few extra points of HCI.  I threw one HCI set on a vendor and it sold for 20M in a couple of days.  That more than paid for all of my materials to date.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Tags: