Author Topic: Character Equipment Assessment Spreadsheet  (Read 12026 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Character Equipment Assessment Spreadsheet
« on: April 23, 2011, 09:56:24 PM »
Starting toying around with Excel 2000 and put together a spreadsheet for suiting up a sampire. This is the first spreadsheet I've made after reading an online tutorial so any harsh negative feedback and you'll be drawn and quartered. I intended it to be  basic and straight forward. Simple was the main goal.

The spreadsheet can easily be edited to add/replace other desired statistics such as LRC, FC, FCR and SDI. I intended it  to be used for a sampire but can edited to asses any suit you have in mind.

As I learn more Excel I'll post some other spreadsheets. I have a few things in mind when it comes to crafting and imbuing armor.

Updated 9/6/11: Still a work in progress.

This version may only be 2010 Compatible. I'm not 100% sure their may be issues for 2003 & 2007 users.

Added Leather and Wood Armor bonuses under sheets.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Character Equipment Spreadsheet.zip
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:28:39 AM by Ultima »

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Character Equipment Assessment Spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 11:46:55 PM »
soundsgood, ive been using the same idea as ive been rebuilding my sampire suite, when i get back to my desktop ill have a look.

i think its a great way to see what you need to imbue and at what intensities.

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 02:12:59 AM »
Not dissing on your work mate looks good just trying to figure out what info your trying to put in cause i downloaded everthing was blank

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 10:12:47 AM »
Did you un compress it before you tried to use it?

Are we to enter the data we need rather than a suggested input by you ultima?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:18:56 AM by Masscre »

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 11:38:13 AM »
Yea i did bro

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 12:11:39 PM »
Did you un compress it before you tried to use it?

Massacre did you get it to open? I might have done something wrong if so what's the best method to attach a .Xls file?
Are we to enter the data we need rather than a suggested input by you ultima?

Yes it's a enter your own right now...nothing fancy as I stated until I learn more.  ;)

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 12:18:57 PM »
soundsgood, ive been using the same idea as ive been rebuilding my sampire suite, when i get back to my desktop ill have a look.

i think its a great way to see what you need to imbue and at what intensities.

Mine is just a one sheet straight forward for adding up Resists and Mods. There is spreadsheet posted over as stratics that is very elaborate...too elaborate for my taste. You may want to check out:

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-craftsman/229839-new-imbuing-calculator.html

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »
Oh god, if I can find my old UO spreadsheet, all of your jaws will drop!! I had 200+ templates, suits for every character/template, charts for swingspeed, charts for success/fail rate on spells, etc...it was basically stratics, combined into a workbook of excel worksheets!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 09:42:09 PM »
An Corp my own thread! Ahah! :P  8)

Cleaned up and added a few other properties.

Added Leather and Wood Armor bonuses under separate worksheets.

Still very simple and straight forward spreadsheet which is what it was meant to be.

Future options will include Tab for Vampire Embrace/Wraith/Protection to be included in the armor calculations.

*This version may only be 2010 Compatible. I'm not 100% sure their may be issues for 2003 & 2007 users.*

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 11:47:31 PM »
An Corp my own thread! Ahah! :P  8)

Cleaned up and added a few other properties.

Added Leather and Wood Armor bonuses under separate worksheets.

Still very simple and straight forward spreadsheet which is what it was meant to be.

Future options will include Tab for Vampire Embrace/Wraith/Protection to be included in the armor calculations.

*This version may only be 2010 Compatible. I'm not 100% sure their may be issues for 2003 & 2007 users.*

I had started 2 Months ago for an own application to make a Charplanner like this, but then i noticed what i wanted to do is sooooo much things, so i got a bit lazy about and delayed it..
But Nice work anyways

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 10:59:37 AM »
Thanks Crome969,

There are a few other features I may want to put in as I learn more features including the drop down arrows and how to link them with data. The spreadsheet has helped me numerous times when trying to make suits for myself as well as others.

Zolaf's Imbuing Calculator listed above while an impressive spreadsheet is just overkill and contains way too much information as far as I'm concerned.

Simple and to the point has been the goal.

It's saved in 2003/2007 format so I'm thinking it should for older excel program users but there may be issues with the images showing up.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 08:47:39 PM »
Thanks Crome969,

There are a few other features I may want to put in as I learn more features including the drop down arrows and how to link them with data. The spreadsheet has helped me numerous times when trying to make suits for myself as well as others.

Zolaf's Imbuing Calculator listed above while an impressive spreadsheet is just overkill and contains way too much information as far as I'm concerned.

Simple and to the point has been the goal.

It's saved in 2003/2007 format so I'm thinking it should for older excel program users but there may be issues with the images showing up.
Zolafs is a little bit unviewable in a short view..

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 04:49:25 AM »
I've migrated my spreadsheet to google docs, I'll have to figure out the best way to share it so that people can view it and see how I did it
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 07:00:35 AM »
Pull down menus to add/interchange non-crafted gear would be awesome.  I envision a low level edition sort of like the WoW Armory or something that we can use the menus to interchange gear and see that stat changes on the fly.  I too am not exactly sure how to accomplish this but if you need help entering information in some sort of a database or different spreadsheet then I would be willing to help with the task and hopefully take some of the time consuming load off your shoulders.

Let me know if there is something I can help with... In the meantime keep up the good work.  I like what I see and I also like how you are trying to keep it simple for the average users.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 11:32:49 PM »
Pull down menus to add/interchange non-crafted gear would be awesome.  I envision a low level edition sort of like the WoW Armory or something that we can use the menus to interchange gear and see that stat changes on the fly.  I too am not exactly sure how to accomplish this but if you need help entering information in some sort of a database or different spreadsheet then I would be willing to help with the task and hopefully take some of the time consuming load off your shoulders.

Let me know if there is something I can help with... In the meantime keep up the good work.  I like what I see and I also like how you are trying to keep it simple for the average users.
i had the Idea for a Character Setup with Tabs. Like you can Choose Imbue\Loot\Artifacts for each part and have a Choosing of it.Then the Charactersetup autocalculate your Propertys in Result.I had like 40% Done then i camed to the point, it wouldnt be very handy for myself if i need to update everytime osi bringing new Staff and i thought about if i really can handle the Update every time.
Since i didnt found an answer the development is delayed.

Tags: