Author Topic: Reforge Items - Using Runics On Steroids?  (Read 8054 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Reforge Items - Using Runics On Steroids?
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:53:05 AM »
I have started to do a bit of testing on using the new runic system and thought we ought to start a thread to discuss how it works.  If you find some information and would like to add it to this reference page, please feel free and I will incorporate it into the top post:

Powerful Re-Forging Item can still be repaired and powdered. Unclear what the limits of attributes are.
Structural Re-Forging Item cannot be repaired. Durability appears to be reset to 135 regardless of what it was.
Fortified Re-Forging Item cannot be repaired. Durability appears to be reset to 200 regardless of what it was. requires structural to be selected?
Fundamental Re-Forging Item cannot be repaired. Appears to give a boost to attributes over Powerful.
Integral Re-Forging Item cannot be repaired. Appears to give a significant boost to attributes over Powerful.
Grand Artifice I can't tell for sure what any of these next four do except eat charges. I suspect that they apply attributes in a pattern based on the name. Not all names are available in all cases. I did some tests with Soul Glaves and could not unlock what appear to be the slayer names with any combination. Hopefully we can develop some information about these.
Inspired Artifice
Exalted Artifice
Sublime Artifice
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Reforge Items - Using Runics On Steroids?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:36:11 PM »
it looks like these atributes just allows the item to have a prefix and suffix, the sublime allows you to have any name you want
Grand Artifice
Inspired Artifice
Exalted Artifice
Sublime Artifice

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 07:13:44 AM »
Kham, I think that they do more than that, I think they narrow the potential attributes added, however, more testing is required.  I tried making on item with Sublime and it didn't give me the option to name it whatever I wanted...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »
Can you do this with any level of Hammer?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 07:12:46 PM »
You can do it with any level hammer, sewing kit, saw and fletching kit.  I read on stratics of people using a saw to get 5 hci and then enhancing to get 10 but I have seen no pics so far.  I have reforged a few items and have found better results using mid-tier items and then imbuing + enhancing after.

Doing so has allowed me to replace some arms resulting in mana regen 3, Stam 8, Mana 8, LMC 5(all I need) and 9 Kinetic Eater.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »
Games going to hell..... Lol, actually its all Really Fricking Cool. Can't wait to take a look at new Suits/Gear for the Army.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 05:00:17 PM »
Info taken from stratics and made into a 4 year old's version of an excel chart....

Also one guy said "Exquisite delivered FC-1/Spell Channeling" but I haven't seen it yet myself.

EDIT: Confirmed, Exquisite will give Spell Channeling.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:02:11 PM by onlyindreams »

Tags: