Author Topic: Where do you farm your leather?  (Read 13412 times)

Offline KaliOfLSTopic starter

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Where do you farm your leather?
« on: January 17, 2013, 06:03:59 AM »
I'm looking for spined, horned, and barbed leather farming spawn.  Something that is possibly, macro-able.   With the lost of tram despies, spined farming can be done in fel there, but what about horned and barbed?  For barbed, I've been taking my mage with inscription, a dragon slayer and some SDI, and just flame striking white wyrms to death in ice, but it's slow... and not easy to script that unattended. 

Any ideas of a good place?
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you farm your leather?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 06:52:42 AM »
wyte wyrms in ice but use a sampire with a dragon slayer, three hits and its dead.  You can farm up to 60k an hour, just need alot of powder of translocation and Bos.  For reg leather i was doing thrasher i think, that black colored alligator where you get the keys for mel, spawns super fast and you can get it away from everything and macro it.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 08:39:19 AM »
wyvrmm island in t2a is great for horned as is deep sea fishing.

Offline UoLugnutz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • UoLugnutz has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 09:02:38 AM »
For Barbed leather a Sampire in Ice Dungeon you can rake in the hides. I have a basic Barbed getting script for there posted in the script section. Fairly stable and reliable. Also as stated Wyrm Island in T2A you can also rake in the Horned Hides. Only problem there unattended is sometimes spawn will be on the water with Imps or Wyverns so need an archer/thrower or some sort of spell damage to kill the spawn. Not sure where the best spined would be. Been a while since I needed that.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 09:34:28 AM »
player vendors   :D ;D :P
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 09:37:07 AM »
EDIT:  ..."If you don't have much gold"

Thanks for the ideas guys.  I'll get out my sampire and test this out.  Never considered using a sampire for it, but heck, makes since.  He's a beast after all.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 09:48:55 AM »
Regular:  Ice island, kill Polar Bear is good.

Spined:  the best place is Champ spam in Tokuno.  First Lvl  have lot of Lizardman. Just don't get to the next lvl and you can stay there all day.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 10:02:47 AM »
I'll take a different angle & ask why are you farming Horned / Spined / Barbed?  If it's for selling then there are better methods for making cash.  If it's for your personal use then can I ask why you simply don't craft REGULAR leather pieces to the EXACT resistance spread you need & then enhance them?  These days when I build a suit I spec out everything on paper & thus know that I need to craft a exeptional gorget with resistances of 2-9-9-3-9 etc... I don't remember the exact details but I know your not making a maxxed out armor piece if your enhancing first & then imbuing which is why I do enhance last.  (Also you can only reforge items made of base / plain materials)....  Other than that I've never farmed anything but plain leather, but THRASHER is where I did that.  Sad that you cannot cut 60k stack to backpack anymore though!! (Actually.. they SAID they fixxed this though I haven't tried it yet)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 11:48:38 AM »
Alpha, It's for my personal use.. in BODs.  Not for making suits.  I'd like to fill bods, I guess I could buy leather, but it seems costly.  The reason is that a lot of spined don't net me rewards I'd like to fill larges for, so I'd rather fill the small and cycle it for another bod.  I don't have that kind of leather to do so.  I need spined more than barbed/runic.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 12:23:24 PM »
So of us like doing it hard way. gather supply , make it and get rewards.   Now If I can only find a better  hunting helper, I got a buggy one. :)

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • freddy has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 12:57:08 PM »
I'll take a different angle & ask why are you farming Horned / Spined / Barbed?  If it's for selling then there are better methods for making cash. 

i've made billions & billions from selling leather. it's a steady source of income if you have the right tools

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 01:35:35 PM »
i've made billions & billions from selling leather. it's a steady source of income if you have the right tools

Well.. #1 no Doubt selling stuff on ATL.  It's the place to do it though from what I see the prices vary a ton for same type of material.  Anywhere from 90 to 300 gp / Horned leather heh.   

#2 You have to have a good BoS farming script which I know you do so yea your in the $$$.  It doesn't hurt to have that "Always Trusted" money Maker script running 24/7 heh.  I've got the shard Xfers to do it all on ATL, but I spend more time brainstorming up new suits / builds than I do worrying about money.

@Kali...   Yea I didn't think about filling BODs with the leather.  I've only ever had 1 account & for the longest time doing BOD's "Right" was always a multiple account job.   I'm honestly not sure if that's changed because in 15 years I've never done BODS.   I just focus on other ways to make $$$ & buy what I need from the people scripting it right (aka the ones selling cheapest lol)  With your recent activity creating the BOD scripts I should have guessed !

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »
Even if you just use the Cloth to fill in BOD, you will run out. So adding the Leather help you getting a good supply.  One guy can get app 100 BOD each month now.   Kali have raise the bar on tailor BOD now. 

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 04:01:40 PM »
You know, I've never been able to get a barbed leather farmer running that doesn't die the second I look away from the computer screen...

I have enough horned to last until the next Mayan calendar runs out...

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 04:12:30 PM »
haha, 2013 is proof that Mayan's Calendar Maker script crashed.  I hope the updated version doesn't crash or we'll have more 'end of the world' fanatics. 

Alpha, I forgot to mention, get yourself a butcher's war cleaver.
http://www.uoguide.com/Butcher%27s_War_Cleaver

When you use it to skin a corpse, you automagically get piles of hides, not leather :D
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Tags: