Author Topic: Punishments for Scripting?  (Read 9530 times)

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Punishments for Scripting?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 06:59:33 AM »
I have been jumped on by GMs a bunch of times, gotten maybe two 72 hour bans.

Once I was able to answer the GM before he jailed me, but he said I didn't answer quickly enough. 

The common thread has always been that someone paged on me, most of the time for script mining to/from my porch.

This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 06:39:27 PM »
Anyone remember when that middle upper room was the "potty mouth" room?  Oh I spent many a night in there years ago...  Back when telling a gm to f off didn't net you an immediate disconnect and a nice wave goodbye. :)  I had Gm Ironwill get woken up late at night one night because my guild was looting the compound of a group of counselors, great fun for the whole family.  I miss Gm Ironwill.  He was stern BUT FAIR!   He appeared to me one night, if anyone remembers when you could trap ghosts with boxes on the ground, and asked me, "Can you PLEASE stop trapping the ghosts of people you kill?  I have to answer the pages..."  I of course agreed because he was so nice. :)  Maddog I have a picture somewhere of me standing in a PILE of items in jail.  I stacked them as high as they'd go on each tile.  Bandages, pots, my armor.  The gm asked me to pick it up, and when I wouldn't he started wearing my armor.  I never got it back and he had it on for months.  I hate gms. :)

Best.  Story.  Ever.

=D

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 06:42:32 PM »
Maddog I have a picture somewhere of me standing in a PILE of items in jail.  I stacked them as high as they'd go on each tile.  Bandages, pots, my armor.  The gm asked me to pick it up, and when I wouldn't he started wearing my armor.  I never got it back and he had it on for months.  I hate gms. :)

Twinkle McNugget, you have to find and post that pic!! 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 06:51:26 PM »
I am running two accts that I could careless if i lose.  The are free junkers that are for farming only. after 30 days they are gone anyways so GM's are free to end them whenever.  lol

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 02:47:06 PM »
I have only had one 72 hour ban and that was while running the FAF on 5 accounts and only got banned on one of the accounts  ::). I still want to think of the sight of my fleet sailing past as the GM is asking the questions.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Scrripty

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 04:13:54 PM »
Maddog I have a picture somewhere of me standing in a PILE of items in jail.  I stacked them as high as they'd go on each tile.  Bandages, pots, my armor.  The gm asked me to pick it up, and when I wouldn't he started wearing my armor.  I never got it back and he had it on for months.  I hate gms. :)

Twinkle McNugget, you have to find and post that pic!! 

The funny thing is I didn't take the picture.  I found it on a counselor website.  I have the picture somewhere.  I'll try to find it.  I should have one of the gm wearing my armor too and me yelling at him to give it back.  He said, "You left it on the ground, you didn't want it." haha  If anyone remembers seeing gms with UOExtreme... I had a gm camped outside my house for 2 weeks once too.  He just sat there... whenever I was logged in.  He freaked me out. :)

Offline Dude1598

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dude1598 has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 06:20:26 AM »
On my scripting accounts I have been thrown in Bucs Den countless times and only suspended once on them for 48 hours.

Now on my main account that should of been perma banned like 4 years ago. I remember once I got paged on for my pet name as Blue Balls, it let me name it that, and I got paged on so I got into an arguement with a GM about naming a pet of mine A Blue Footed Boobie. He went on to say its a part of the female body and cant have it. I was like when not and he repeat the statement and next I went on to say why do we have things in game called taint that offends me, he goes is not that part of the body and he rattled off some defination of what it really ment. Before I could say anything else he told me if I said anything else I would be banned so I decide to shut up and he let me go

There are other things I remember getting pulled into jail for and cant remember what they were but this one sticks out

Offline welgill

• Don't mess with TM!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • welgill has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 11:56:21 AM »
I went on to say why do we have things in game called taint that offends me, he goes is not that part of the body

Lol zomg I am speechless.... Doesnt everyone know what a taint is  :P

16 accts perma banned including my original and god knows how many 72's lol
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 04:27:46 AM by welgill »

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2009, 12:22:59 AM »
24h 1 time and 72h 2 times (skill(necro/mage) and lumberjack macro) on Legends
24h 1 time because carpentry trainer afk on atl.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 05:10:43 AM »

16 accts perma banned including my original and god knows how many 72's lol

OMG 16 perma banned?!?!? All for Scripting??? or were you doing really bad stuff ;)
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline welgill

• Don't mess with TM!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 06:43:17 AM »
I was scripting xmas trees had gems gems recharged com crystals com crystals sold for good gold rins repeat make a few spare bil during xmas for about 4 years or so :)

Offline madatu

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • madatu has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2009, 07:00:19 AM »
Not near as good as many of yours but, i ran days on end heartwood thanks to endless knight gm tool the computer let me know somthing was up and i responded. Once before i got i believeit was a 72 hour ban for afk mining. They put me in a house in Buccaners Den frozen and stuck. Now days i never run any kind of resource gathering script w/o using an GM tool. Been running 3 miners and a fisher for 4 weeks strait. a gm came to me theother day but the tool responded and shut down all my workers and they all timed out. I didnt get anything for that.

Offline welgill

• Don't mess with TM!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2009, 12:06:06 PM »
Not near as good as many of yours but, i ran days on end heartwood thanks to endless knight gm tool the computer let me know somthing was up and i responded. Once before i got i believeit was a 72 hour ban for afk mining. They put me in a house in Buccaners Den frozen and stuck. Now days i never run any kind of resource gathering script w/o using an GM tool. Been running 3 miners and a fisher for 4 weeks strait. a gm came to me theother day but the tool responded and shut down all my workers and they all timed out. I didnt get anything for that.
Your not elite ... you have GM moniter?

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2009, 12:22:51 PM »

It used to be public...was moved to privates to give people a little more incentive!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline welgill

• Don't mess with TM!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2009, 12:32:10 PM »

It used to be public...was moved to privates to give people a little more incentive!
oh

Tags: