Author Topic: New Cloaks Question..  (Read 6166 times)

Offline RnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Cloaks Question..
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 12:25:18 PM »
ah yup, thanks. went to TC and found out the following.. In front of the yew bank the seer takes 10 Threads of Life/1 Cloak of Corruption and gives out the Cloak of Life. In front of the Lycaeum, seer takes 10 thought/1 cloak of corruption and gives out the Cloak of power.In Serp's by the tinkers/stables he takes 10 fate/1 cloak for cloak of Death. not sure how to get the cloak of Silence

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 01:02:07 PM »
Well if we can't turn in 2 out of 3 threads I'm going to be mad as hell. I spent a considerable amount of time farming ALL 3 threads to insure I would have enough for all my cloaks of corruption. The one thing I don't like doing is wasting my time.  >:(

If the UO Dev team bothered to inform the players what would be needed prior to the event then I wouldn't have a bone to pick with them.

I too eagerly wait some clarification on this thread issue.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 01:04:47 PM »
Ah Okay! Thanks Rn for doing the legwork on that because I was getting real mad reading this thread.  :)

As usual I rush to judgement and condemnation. I should give the UO Dev Team the benefit of the doubt I guess but given their track record it's a hard thing to do.  :P

Thanks again Rn! Your a good man!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 09:50:02 PM »
Is it me or did the first herald post about the Cloaks have the Cloak or power listed at 2 Str 2 Int and 2 Dex. Now I read the latest update and it's 1 of each stat.

All of a sudden I'm much less enthused about this Cloak hoopla. :(

Alot of the time your way better off not turning in items in these events and just holding onto them for the novelty. Then later on down the line you have a keepsake that may or maynot have some value.

I'm reconsidering turning in any of my cloaks of corruption because the cloaks all seem worthless to me.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 10:24:52 AM »
I just turned in for a Cloak of Power and it is indeed 2 of each stat Str, Dex, Int! I must be blind and getting old and senile ???

Huzzah! I might be participating in this event afterall!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 10:31:40 AM »
Anyone know how to get the Cloak of Silence, from what I saw it looks like the EMs will be giving them out but any other way?

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 05:01:44 PM »
Is it possible to get more stings?

*EDIT.2*

I did some checking, apparently you can get more threads in Magincia.

Thread of Thought:   These make the cloak of Power when you trade in a cloak of corruption and ten threads at the Seer in front of the Lyceaum near Moonglow. To get them kill(?!) the forsaken by casting exorcism on same screen as a forsaken soul. Requires 99 spirit speak. Drop rate is around 1/2. Corrupted Souls appear not to like you when you farm thread of life.  They will run accross the screen to show their displeasure, skipping over other, closer targets to get to you.  Best to use a stealth necromancer and bring a melee character with you to deal with the Corrupted. They tend to eat my necromancer.

Thread of Life: Can be turned in for the Cloak of Life (+3 Str, +1HPR -- sort of sucky IMHO)  Use spirit speak skill near a restless soul.  You just need a successful attempt at SS, so you can do it with relatively little skill.  Corrupted don't seem to care for this either.

Thread of Fate: Can be turned in for the Cloak of Death (+3 each to DCI, HCI, SDI) kill corrupted souls. They appear to have no poison resist and not many hit points, but they hit pretty hard, and sometimes they will stand at a distance and cast.  They appear to use magery spells and have a hard melee hit that can armor ignore for up to 40 pts.  My sampire doesn't have any problem with them. Drop rate seems slower than on the other two. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 01:21:48 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 04:56:34 AM »
Anyone figure out how to use a script to hunt corrupted souls?  I can't seem to get C2s hunter to target them.  They share a id with both other kinds of ghostie in Magincia IJB, and my toon just runs the rail without seeing any of them.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 10:22:00 AM »
So i was reading the patch notes.. (must have been bored) and notice this snippet

"Cloaks of Command also become available in faction strongholds "

Anyone have anymore information on these.. what stats .. what takes to get etc...

Never mind .. i found it myself

Cloak of Command:
* Faction item, no rank requirement
* Can only be used in Felucca
* Can be used once a day to summon a faction monster
* Minax: Ogre Lord
* CoM: Wisp
* TB: Silver Serpent
* SL: Daemon
* Summoned monster will last for one hour
* Displays lifetime remaining on item properties
* Cloak must be worn in order to be used
* Summoned monsters act the same as monsters/animals from the "Summon Creatures" command with the following details:
* Requires one control slot
* Cannot friend/unfriend or transfer
* Summoning requires the same base requirements as the "Summon Creatures" spell (mana/skill, chance of success), but doesn't consume reagents
* The Ogre Lord's summoned version, however, is *much* weaker than its wild counterpart
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:25:07 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: