Author Topic: Best 2 character spawning team?  (Read 7405 times)

Offline OMGBurgersTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Best 2 character spawning team?
« on: August 02, 2009, 08:18:08 AM »
Since they fixed the pen trick, I really haven't soloed too much besides rats.  So I'm looking for ideas on what a new team could be!

Right now I'm running dual wammys that use Parox until they need mana.  They each have a set of 3 weapons w/ hit area, mana leech, ssi, di or better.  I run em both and the one follows the other and duplicates his moves/actions.  So when one divines/consecrates/cursewpn, they both do.  They each run their own script that also attacks spawn w/ either momentum strike or lightning strike depending on if there's more than one critter around.

It runs pretty well, but I can't just mindlessly run into a level4 dragon spawn and chop away lol.

So I'm wondering if there's a better idea for a team out there?

One guy I play with runs a SDI necro/mage accompanied by a sampire archer w/ healing.  The archer just chain bandaids the mage while attacking anything it can find.  Seems like a decent way to do things, and if they have 140dex like they should, you would be getting healed like crazy.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Best 2 character spawning team?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 08:50:52 AM »
I haven't ever done one solo myself but if it is me and one other friend we like to do it with a couple of necro/mage/Tamers each with a GD.

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 09:46:54 AM »
So I'm wondering if there's a better idea for a team out there?

I would probly say a pair of healing necro's one with peace/music.  When the main gets low on health, have the secondary peace?  Then he can heal up, what have you.  Or have them be HEALING necros. haha  Cross heal while wither spamming... :)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »
you could use globals to ensure that they are peacing opposite each other

Offline templarpo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • templarpo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 02:02:28 AM »
1st Nec-Mage
2nd Bush-Nec-Archery

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 01:40:44 PM »
1st Nec-Mage
2nd Bush-Nec-Archery

Yeah I've been thinking about that.

Maybe I'll try that out!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 01:41:54 PM »
Disco Tamer + SW/Necro/Mage

Or a Peace/Necro/Mage
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »
I went yesterday w/ a necro/tamer/mage & wammy.  It was actually the easiest spawning I've ever done.  Throw the dragon in & let it tank anything.  Usually only takes a few momentum strikes to whipe everything out.  I'm just thinking how to write a script to do it as easy as I can.  I suppose I'd have to control the necro/tamer and have the wammy take commands.  Maybe keep wammy on my character until I tell it to clean house.  Then it would run to the dragon and monentum strike to clear things.  That way the mage can stay out of range but still Gheal the dragon & wammy if things get bad.

I usually don't discord the champs anymore, as I don't have one so I wouldn't be running one of them.

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 02:33:24 PM »
Well let me suggest my pvm script with an autoattacker and Cerv's Gbot. :)  WIth a little tweaking you could make the ultimate spawner with them both.  I've done some amazing things with the Gbot with very little effort...  It's a nice template to expand on. :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 02:42:31 PM »
Ya right now I have a pretty crazy script(s) for my wammys.

But I think I may try the archer w/ necro deal.  Could easily write a script that would switch bows around to match the correct slayer and all.  Heck, could even pick up some protection/killer talismans and throw that into the mix.

Scrripty

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 03:08:06 PM »
I've been looking for tali's too.  I finally got a 50+ ratman shaman protection bloodwood spirit.  I love it. :)  I got a giant rat protection tali too.

Offline templarpo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • templarpo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 09:20:35 AM »
Archer use crossbow after honor and eoo the boss can do 200+damage
Nec-Mage keep curse and cor-skin it, and bless archer is a must.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 01:30:29 PM »
I prefer a magical shortbow on some bosses depending on the mods on it.  Concussion blow does less damage than a normal hit for some reason in pvm.  But when I use my mana/velocity/lightning magical I can spam lightning strike & the lightning strike special move like crazy & actually out damage my XBows.  But it all depends on how I fight em (Wraith form, on mount etc).

Bless don't help my archer as he's 190 stamina (150dex) & 150str/hp.  One less spell :P.  Bugged pots make it so my stats never drop unless cursed or death.

I actually purchased most of my bows for this.  Right now I'm running all magical shortbows for working the spawn which narrows me down to only using bulk arrows (Cheaper) except bolts on some bosses depending on my bow/mood).  All my shortbows are 30+SSI, 40+DI & balanced w/ an appropriate slayer.  I haven't done testing but I was told if you cast a mage spell to make your weapon leave your hand & then equip your next weapon thus fizzling the spell that you don't suffer the swing penalty of switching weapons like normally.  I could incorporate that into a script incredibly easy and if it works it would make a hell of a difference switching between something like XBows.  Right now I set up a test script that switches my bows around depending what I fight.  You prebuild a "table" w/ your bows in it (It's actually a list).  From there you add the ID's of the creatures that bow will slay.

I'm still debating on how to handle the talismans.  I suppose each spawn type will have its own rules to cover em.  It wouldn't be really profitable to keep changing talismans like crazy as it hinders swings by dragging items I believe.  But I suppose I could code it to follow the rules & equip the correct protection/slaying talisman depending on the level of the spawn.  That would really just require some time invested to figure out the best protectors (Dread Spider or Terathan Matriarchs... Which does more damage?).  But then again it could really pay off in the long run, especially for the necro pulling ago.

Oh well.  This will be a long project.  I have 3 players in my guild who plan to try this setup to spawn with (Including myself).  Hopefully soon I can start posting up how it goes.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 04:40:05 PM »
I view pet player scripts as the ultimate extension of easyuo, but also as the end of the game as everyone knows it.

Players can beat peerless/do champs on their own with 1 account, but the devastation of being able to use 2-5 accounts all acting more tactical in pvm than most real players are capable of.... just.... scary...
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Scrripty

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 06:00:19 PM »
Yea have you tried my pvm script?  It's almost scary in my opinion.  At least to my limited scripting ability.  It works insanely well for me. :)

Tags: