Author Topic: Fastest Way to Train a Combat Skill  (Read 9000 times)

Offline Grandewd

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Fastest Way to Train a Combat Skill
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 04:54:41 PM »
By far the easiest way to train a weapon skill is to use spellweaving to Dryad Allure an artic ogre lord, then use your 100% poison weapon. I train all my wep skills like this and it's fast as can be. Just start with 50 skill and use jewels to get you to 65-ish (depending on the ogre). No dmg to your weapon or having to worry about healing. Can also be done with just one account. And getting the 50-ish spellweaving required to cast the spell is easy too!

This sounds really interesting.... Now, are there any Throwing training scripts around?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:13:24 PM by Grandewd »

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 06:34:47 AM »
Don't forget that now with reforging you can make self repair weapons.  I had a AFK silver farmer going for a while that was running a valor suit(full suit has +5 self repair) a self repair shield and self repair fast weapon.  Get into sampire form and walk away for the day. Nothing breaks and needs looking at.

Just a thought if you were looking at the OP and using this method.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 07:33:14 AM »
Don't forget that now with reforging you can make self repair weapons.  I had a AFK silver farmer going for a while that was running a valor suit(full suit has +5 self repair) a self repair shield and self repair fast weapon.  Get into sampire form and walk away for the day. Nothing breaks and needs looking at.

Just a thought if you were looking at the OP and using this method.

Wow did not know that - can you give me a step by step on how to do ths.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 08:21:59 AM »
Wow did not know that - can you give me a step by step on how to do ths.

Use the Exquisite/of Quality name in the reforging menu.

DC hammers cap at 2 or 4 self repair.  Non powerful vs powerful reforge.
SH hammers cap at 5 regardless if you use powerful or not.
CP hammers cap at 6 or 7, powerful vs non. 

I think it's a 1/7 chance to get SR as a mod, but worth the time to make a 7sr weapon for farming purposes IMO. 

Offline Grandewd

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 09:16:49 AM »
Excellent advice.... Gonna try and modify Guadah's Multiskill Trainer to include Throwing... Wish me luck, I'll need it... ;)

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 09:21:29 AM »
I think I used coppper hammers also.  I did it on a RtB account that was banned but got turned on for a few days.  It was amazing at how nothing really moved on the suit.  If I needed gold or more silver I would do this in a heart beat.  Can trial accounts join factions? 

I'm sure that you could do this same for making a SR suit but the valor one was perfect for what I needed.  I also used a pair of cursed jewels with SSI and some DI to increase this char's overall effectiveness since those jewels ment I didn't lose anything if I was PK'd but it never happened on the few days I managed to run it.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 05:57:08 PM »
By far the easiest way to train a weapon skill is to use spellweaving to Dryad Allure an artic ogre lord, then use your 100% poison weapon. I train all my wep skills like this and it's fast as can be. Just start with 50 skill and use jewels to get you to 65-ish (depending on the ogre). No dmg to your weapon or having to worry about healing. Can also be done with just one account. And getting the 50-ish spellweaving required to cast the spell is easy too!

This is the way myself...and after I taught them..all my guildies used to train anything. No script needed. run UO Loop to say something every 5 minutes and just attack the thing...walk away or fall asleep :) Do it out in the middle of no-where or on a boat in non-traveled places.

Tags: