Author Topic: few things that need to be deleted in game  (Read 11816 times)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: few things that need to be deleted in game
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 10:51:47 AM »
I've never understood the animosity towards tamers except when they try bully a feeding ground but that really has more to do with the player than the pet. The Pet is just the extension of the player.

How much skill does it take to be an archer? You just sit there and putt putt with your bow of choice. Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking archers I love my archer too as much as my tamer. It's just part of the UO experience.

I am a pet lover for sure especially the Cu Sidhes.... I still want BLAZE!

Knowing what your pet can and cannot do requires some knowledge/skill in the game. During the Vanguard Invasion I scored big with my pets whereas I saw others struggle with the mobs.

Anyways your not alone in your thoughts about tamers there seems to be a large sentiment amongst the UO playerbase that have a dislike for tamers. Me for the life of me I can't understand it.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 04:26:37 AM »
How much skill does it take to be an archer? You just sit there and putt putt with your bow of choice.
Well, for pvm that can be said about everything.  For pvp it's usually a different story.  Mages, dexers and archers all still need to 'cycle thier oponent to be able to kill them, unless who you're fightning is a plain moron haha.  Dexers still need to cycle with bleed, mortal, poison. 

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 10:23:31 AM »
I'm not saying its easy to become a GM tamer or beyond that.  I know there are a lot of People that have solo'd Boss's and mobs and what not.  The game has always seemed to favor the tamer.  usualy when you see a "Typical" group of people looking to enter a Peerless whats the first question most of them ask?  How Many tamers do we have?  I understand it makes fighting Easier, but just about every event tamers are usually walking away with all the goodies before the warrior or mage that's been running back and forth while the tamer stood back healing/rezing/curing his pet and other members (Hopefully).  Normally I play my Pure Bard, and maybe people feel the same about my Character, while I try to Provoke to difficult monsters onto each other if I fail, its usually results in me either running for cover while the hostile is after me.. now its rare for a tamer to fail a Kill Command and the monster or Pet retaliates in the same manor.
I think the level of monster vs level of tamer and pet should work the same way.

Offline stevro

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • stevro has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 11:27:56 PM »
ok this is my first reply on this site and omg no insurance what a joke lol we all worked realy hard to cheat as best as we can to get the uber *bleep* to wear and you recon we shouldnt have it lol play free shard.run round in ya jocks and ask some one to do the same and just test ya skill in undies :)

Online TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 12:26:13 AM »
Skill left the game a long time ago after AOS.  Those who have the best gear and tweaked their CheatEngine correctly are the ones who will win anymore.  There are a diminishing few people who understand how the game was before AOS, so it's hard to describe the "feeling" of the game in those days.  It's a shame the game turned into what it has, however it did open up the possibility for many other people to start playing.  For starters, I could finally recommend my family to play with the introduction of the Renaissance expansion because I wouldn't have to worry about my Mom getting ganked by all the dudesters out there.

I can't describe what life was like without insurance to ya; you just have to live those days.  In my opinion, I don't want to get rid of insurance, but I want to make it hurt ya if you loose your gimped gear in PvP.  It doesn't make sense to do that with PvM, although with the ease at which gold is gotten these days I think the 600 gold/item charge is way too little.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline livenholy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • livenholy has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 10:36:54 AM »
Skill left the game a long time ago after AOS.  Those who have the best gear and tweaked their CheatEngine correctly are the ones who will win anymore.  There are a diminishing few people who understand how the game was before AOS, so it's hard to describe the "feeling" of the game in those days.  It's a shame the game turned into what it has, however it did open up the possibility for many other people to start playing.  For starters, I could finally recommend my family to play with the introduction of the Renaissance expansion because I wouldn't have to worry about my Mom getting ganked by all the dudesters out there.

I can't describe what life was like without insurance to ya; you just have to live those days.  In my opinion, I don't want to get rid of insurance, but I want to make it hurt ya if you loose your gimped gear in PvP.  It doesn't make sense to do that with PvM, although with the ease at which gold is gotten these days I think the 600 gold/item charge is way too little.

The whole insurance this is quite new to me being and old returning player. I like the feature somewhat. but I think it should probably be unusable in Felucia. The Greater Dragons are another addition Ive noticed "Already had to tame a few of them being curious" They seem way overpowered to the old school dual dragon tamer like myself...  Anyhow maybe I will come up with more suggestions as I play, only been back for about 1 month.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 12:47:20 PM »
I did one time on top of Empath Abbey get goated into a PvP fight by Poo from Sonoma on one of his Pk chars.
  I fought against Poo quite a few times while with K-B.  we did factions and a few other things (which is Poo's Domain).  It was quite the fun at times..  He's been PvP'in with a pet for a while now.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Online TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 03:06:43 PM »
I love the idea of the greater dragon, but I still think there should be something special you need to do in order to maintain them.  Gold lust, lust to kill, ignoring orders (general attitude).  They should NOT just follow you around like a puppy...
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 09:19:31 AM »
ooooo there's a real good thought, having to feed your dragon gold to keep it happy.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Online TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 09:28:41 AM »
ooooo there's a real good thought, having to feed your dragon gold to keep it happy.

And frankly, that goes completely with the mythos behind powerful dragons.  It's a rare day to find a dragon in AD&D land *NOT* lounging on a gigantic pile of gold/gems/bones.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 09:35:09 AM »
they are like raccoons. If it is shiny they want it and will do everything in their power to have it.  Include stick there hand in a can with nails in it, grab the shiny object and never let go even when it means they will die because they can't go anywhere with their hand stuck in the can.... lol
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 09:55:56 AM »
I'll voice in on insurance. My thoughts at least.

I like it. It's nice to put together a great suit and items and not worry about loosing them when the server crashes and doesn't come back up for 10 minutes.

That said...

I think that all items should have a value. And insurance should be a set % of the value of the item.

I mean why should insurance for a 5/6/6/5/3 Tunic with NOTHING else be the same cost as an Orny?

Thats just stupid. The more an item costs, the more the insurance should be for it.

If people had to dish out 50k every time they die wearing an Orny, they might consider a change in gear.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Online TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 10:05:18 AM »

If people had to dish out 50k every time they die wearing an Orny, they might consider a change in gear.

FINALLY!  Wisdom!
Come play RIFT with me!

Online TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 08:07:10 PM »
Oh, and by the way Cerveza, awesome new avatar.  Jane is the coolest good/bad guy. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2008, 05:02:08 AM »
Oh, and by the way Cerveza, awesome new avatar.  Jane is the coolest good/bad guy. 
*Gao yang jong duh goo yang!

Spell Jayne's name wrong and you'll be gettin' a visit from Vera!

*Motherless goat of all motherless goats
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: