Author Topic: Producer's Letter: What do you think?  (Read 9187 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Producer's Letter: What do you think?
« on: April 02, 2010, 02:51:43 PM »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Producer's Letter: What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:33:01 PM »
Na, just a new group of people over there that really just don't know what makes UO work and who's really paying the bills.  Most of the scripters I know maintain multiple accounts, many more than the casual player.  EA corporate would have something to say about dropping 1/2 of the playerbase; especially one that's as energized as the scripting community.  I hear sabers rattling, but in the end it was just someone dropping their butterknife.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 03:53:11 PM »
it is probably something like a pattern detector that detects someone doing the same exact mining steps for endless hours afk.  then they review acct and check in.  ban accts not being payed for mainly but who knows.  I agree with Tm - we have heard this so many times and i remember all the fuss and talk being put out before they said oh no- punkbuster would shut uo down behind the seens and backed off.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:56:04 PM »
not to mention they are babbling and mixing up stuff that they talked about last threat.  Last threat was we are 99.9% done with speed hacks.  then we will work on 3rd party.  wth happened to speed hacks?  now u are all the sudden almost done 3rd party???  Do you listen to yourselves?

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 04:17:04 PM »
I just know I'm done if EUO is patched out for more than 2 weeks. :)  See ya!  Would be another first for an MMO tho.  Going from profitable to dead in 3.2 seconds.  Also, be the *FIRST* MMOG to be controlled by a 3rd party app. :)  Do the non scripters even consider what would happen to UO if they are cut out?  No more bulk resources... no more bulk online sellers, seriously, it would ruin the NEW ingame economy.  In a very bad way.  It would go from ghost town to completely empty.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 04:56:29 PM »
I just know I'm done if EUO is patched out for more than 2 weeks. :)  See ya!  Would be another first for an MMO tho.  Going from profitable to dead in 3.2 seconds.  Also, be the *FIRST* MMOG to be controlled by a 3rd party app. :)  Do the non scripters even consider what would happen to UO if they are cut out?  No more bulk resources... no more bulk online sellers, seriously, it would ruin the NEW ingame economy.  In a very bad way.  It would go from ghost town to completely empty.
There are plenty of people that play games for the games without scripting. Mass resources will always be available, they will just be more expensive and a million gold will be worth a lot more IRL. Unfortunately there are many games out there and UO would just become nothing special. I think scripting is what makes this game worth playing but, of course, that's the opinion of a scripter ;)

I'm with you Twinkle McNugget; EUO goes bye bye, so does XIIxOveR. It will be a blessing in disguise in my opinion. The only thing that keeps me going is scripting and the people from SUO; life would be much more productive without UO but I can't bear to let it go on my own lol.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 05:31:20 PM »
i pretty much play for the challenge of writing.  i may and i stress may.... might keep one acct for pvp and some pvm stuff

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 07:04:14 PM »
I'm interested to hear what Cheffe has to say.  He's been awfully quiet, but I think he's enjoying the new OpenEUO too much to take it sittin down. :)

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 07:31:03 PM »
I know I have been a ghost lately, but that is due to uoboost.  Recently I posted a topic on uhall in response to someone with an anti cheating idea.  In the thread they mentioned the following

1. punkbuster type
2. breaking easy uo
3. wow type software and memory monitor system.

I made a really long reply as to why it would not be smart to mess with scripters too much and why.  Weather anyone listens or not, well that remains to be seen.  But I have seen other games that try and break 3rd party apps that are very popular and it causes a huge infulx of programmers to work together to fix it or make something better.  Read my post and tell me what you think, I pretty much nailed it, which is why probably no replies after I posted.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1665353&postcount=18
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 04:59:35 AM »
can anyone say Auto Pilot?  that would be my last resort though...

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 05:41:18 AM »
I believe this is just another letter to make the current player base feel like something is getting done. Until I see something I will not believe otherwise.

What if we all logged on in 2 weeks and our accounts were banned?

I don't know if I would even be willing to start up again. UO is too time occupying as it is.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 07:20:34 AM »
I'd quit in a heartbeat.

Offline Katu

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Katu has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 08:33:48 AM »
Wouldnt change my gameplay even a bit. Left the the "OSI" servers good while ago, for lack of events and lag of servers.
If they do something for client, then it few seconds, until Cheffe or someone else finds a way around it, atleast to the point, that it can be used at freeshards.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 09:37:48 AM »
Ya, I have a pretty good presence on Alexandria.  Since I don't play all the new patches and expansions, I've been happy there.  So UO will live on for me even after EA/OSI screws it up for the rest of us.  Plus I'll never have to patch again!  Won't that be great!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 09:48:05 AM »
i have said i would never play free shard but that would cause me to join u

Tags: