Author Topic: Stygian Abyss Event -- HUMAN QUEST INFO  (Read 8992 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Stygian Abyss Event -- HUMAN QUEST INFO
« on: April 07, 2010, 06:19:29 AM »

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Bag O Eggs.png
Dark Wisp Orb.png
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:08:52 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
Re: Stygian Abyss Event
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 06:28:11 AM »
Quest Guide to 1 From UOGuide

Ranger of the Abyss Part 1: A Light in the Darkness
From UOGuide
Jump to: navigation, search
Contents [hide]
1 Quest Description
2 Quest Objective
3 Quest Lore
4 Reward
5 See Also

This is the first part of the quest chain for the Humans and Elves given by Dexter the Royal Mage inside the Castle British.

Quest Description
This quest is part of a series that will determine who will win one of two housing plots in the Stygian Abyss (the other is winnable by a gargoyle character). Obtain the following items and bring them to Dexter: a lantern, a silver sapling seed, a rare serpent egg and a dark wisp orb from Ilshenar. When you have the items, he will give you a lamp of spirituality.

So, you are one of the candidates for the position Ranger of the Abyss? Very good, I will help you prepare.

For Dawn's campaign you will need a lamp of spirituality. A lamp of spirituality detects extreme levels of good and evil. In this case we are using it to detect evil... and err, good.

Anyway, it doesn't detect the garden variety evil that one might normally find in Britannia or it would just be changing color all the time and not be very useful. It detects infernal evil, as in arch-demon levels of evil. You are going to be using its power to detect the influence of the Slasher of Veils! When you are in the Stygian Abyss, you will see that its light turns from white to purple, this is due to vice corruption.

I will make one of these lamps for you but you will need to gather the ingredients. The ingredients are both common and rare, but I assume that you are prepared for adventure? The ingredients are... are you writing this down? The ingredients are:
1) a lantern
2) a silver sapling seed
3) a rare serpent egg
4) a dark wisp orb

I hear the rare serpent egg can be found near the lair of Medusa in the Abyss... very dangerous, better you than me... err, no offense intended. The wisp orb is an item that is usually protected by dark wisps. I understand that there are some in Ilshenar, if you see some wisps look around for a treasure chest, a wisp orb will be inside... it's weird, I know. Hmm... I wonder how they open the chest? Anyway, I'm pretty sure you are going to have to kill the wisps to break the spell on the chest.

Are you prepared to take on this dangerous quest?
-Dexter the Royal Mage
Quest Objective
Obtain 1 Lantern  
Obtain 1 Silver Sapling Seed  
Obtain 1 Rare Serpent Egg  
Obtain 1 Dark Wisp Orb  
Quest Lore
From the easy one to the more difficult ones:

A Lantern can be bought from any Provisioner or can be crafted by tinkers.
A Seed of the Silver Sapling can be obtained from The Silver Sapling which is the white tree north of the Underworld entrance of the Stygian Abyss Dungeon.
A Dark Wisp Orb can be obtained by killing the Dark Wisp Guardians on the second level of the Wisp Dungeon. Once you kill the guardian, click the chest nearby to make it disappear and the orb will be put into your backpack:
You quickly reach into the chest and retrieve its contents before it vanishes in a puff of smoke.

A Rare Serpent Egg can be obtained from the Serpent Nests near the entrance of the Medusas Lair inside the Stygian Abyss Dungeon. It can be searched from the nests directly or they can be obtained by using a Snake Charmer Flute on Silver Serpents and then targeting the nests.
Mark them all as quest items and return to Dexter:

Very good, it will only take a minute for me to combine these.

Dexter moves quickly about the lab, dipping the ingredients in strange chemicals, putting them into strange contraptions, and occasionally hitting them with a hammer.

Here you go, he says with a satisfied smile. One bona fide lantern of spirituality. If you ever need to refill it, you can use regular lamp oil. Take this to Sir Geoffrey, he will tell you what to do with it. You can find him at the guard station by the gate of the castle.
-Dexter the Royal Mage
Reward
Lamp of Spirituality  
See Also
Ranger of the Abyss Part 2: Seeds of Virtue‎
Sir Geoffrey the Captain of the Royal Guard
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:46:25 AM by Cerveza »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 06:29:08 AM »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:44:40 AM by Cerveza »

-Mario Andretti

Offline JackCiaran

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JackCiaran has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 06:43:34 AM »
1) a lantern
2) a silver sapling seed
3) a rare serpent egg
4) a dark wisp orb

These are the items needed to finish the first part of the quest.
Just make a lantern with a tinker
Silver Sapling Seed is a pain since you can only get 1 per char unless you got some stocked or can get them...
A rare serpent egg ( the key you get from snake charming or just double clicking the nest )
and last a dark wisp orb is received by being the first to double click the red chest (i think you might have to dmg the guardian but im pretty sure you dont have to after watching a few people ) BUT ( hold down last object ) when it goes grey incase people are trying to compete for it? but I havent tested alot cuz maybe everyone will get one. but I found stocking these in my house and coming back again to get another ( for my weaker chars ) works but putting them in the bank wont let you get another? I havent tested to prove all these things but its something I was noticing from the 3 times I did it.

And when your wearing the lantern I found my green spot north west of the spawn where you get essence of passion coming down from the underworld but supposedly its suppose to change
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:46:28 AM by JackCiaran »

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 06:46:27 AM »
As long as you are within the general location (not sure how many tiles) you get the orb no matter who opens the chest after it goes grey.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 10:32:34 AM »
Sweet, thanks for the posts and tips guys!!!  I have to try this as soon as I get home!

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 09:27:31 AM »
Well, I am sad to say that I completed the quest on a couple of different characters and did not get any nice cloak or anything nice at all as a matter of fact.  What I go was a piece of junk kryss and a piece of junk axe.  Both of which were approximately mongbat quality loot drops.  So much for that idea!  I am not especially interested in the housing plots, except that they would be worth major major gold!! lol.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 09:34:33 AM »
So far I have gotten 3 cloaks so I am pretty happy about that.

Offline JackCiaran

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JackCiaran has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 10:15:10 AM »
Ya my results from 6 characters is 1 talisman... I think I am gonna try to do this on more shards if I can find the time away from learning this scripting language! hehe

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 10:36:31 AM »
Could folks post up pictures of the cloaks, talismans and whatever else they get?

Anyone know how long this event will last?

-Mario Andretti

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 10:43:32 AM »
Yes, please, what are the stats on these cloaks / talismans? Is it worth me "wasting my time" on? I don't do many quests unless there is something that will enhance my playing / pvping.  I have some pixle crack, dont get me wrong, but its mostly a by-product of going after something I really want to make my char better with.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 12:00:55 PM »
Not sure what the tali brings to the table but the cloak is great for using to make an imbued suit even better.

5% (don't remember the name but it takes damage and converts it to health)
3% SDI
1% LMC

Pretty sure that is right, I will post up confirmation after I get home and can look at them, haven't messed with using them yet but I know exactly how I will use them.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 12:04:23 PM »
Yes, please, what are the stats on these cloaks / talismans? Is it worth me "wasting my time" on? I don't do many quests unless there is something that will enhance my playing / pvping.  I have some pixle crack, dont get me wrong, but its mostly a by-product of going after something I really want to make my char better with.

JaF

Frostguard Talisman
Cold Eater 5%
Mana Regeneration 1
Lower Mana Cost 5%
Cold Resist 3%

As Xclio said the cloak is;
Warden's Armor of Augmentation
5% Kinetic Eater
3% SDI
1% LMC
5% SSI

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 12:23:59 PM »
Thanks guys!

hmmm... is it worth it.....i guess maybe a char or two a day could do it, but i surely wont run all 8 of my accounts thru for those small props.  But again, thanks for the info!!

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 02:13:33 PM »
Is there a trick to doing the nests?  I just mash them all, setting loose a bunch of snakes from time to time.

-Mario Andretti

Tags: