Author Topic: Fastest casting/recovery?  (Read 12322 times)

Scrripty

Re: Fastest casting/recovery?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 07:59:54 AM »
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2592.0;highlight=fc

There you go.  Read that.  There's a .25 second hard cap server side on faster casting.  6 recovery puts your casting time at 0.  So .50 seconds is the best you can get with 2/6 casting.  If you have 3 or 4 casting, you STILL have a .25 second cast delay for casting a spell no matter what.  That is hard capped.  2/6 correct.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 08:02:06 AM »
mmhmm

Scrripty

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 08:05:45 AM »
mmhmm

If you have some magical info I don't, I'd love to read it. :)  I've put this to the test 10000000 times tho.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 08:12:39 AM »
My mistake. Either casting for magery got changed in the last 5 years. I don't know.

Our suits have always been built for pvp purposes, and tested as so. I have never trusted stratics documention, so I take everything with a grain of salt from there. When that 2/5 "rule of thumb" became a staple for me was during extensive pvp testing 4 years ago. Of course our testing was primarily 1/1 dueling.

Regardless, if it's 2/6 then cool, no worries, and my bad.

Scrripty

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 08:48:36 AM »
I pvp nonstop, so I tested it extensively with scripts to make SURE the info was as correct as it could be.  I was working on some casting stuff that had to be as near exact as I could get it.  I've also done work on a dynamic casting timer for scripts that would "train" the script to match your characters casting timers based on lag/fc/fcr.  Never released it tho.  I'll work on it some and release it cause you can test your timings easily with it and see visually.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 09:32:59 AM »
Well if i am not mistaken.  I think I disagree with both of you. 
Magery is 2/6
Necro is 2/5 (if you have 2/5 you can just spam wither and you will never see a pause inbetween casts).

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 10:59:55 AM »
Script Said:
Protection drops you to 0 fc also.  And can go in the - if you have - fc items on.

The above isn't correct...

Protection actually applies a -2 FC to the CAP for whatever type of spell your casting.  It DOES NOT simply give you -2 FC or drop you to zero FC.  The effect is the same in some cases but not always..  Also, SC-1 Items cannot drop you below 0 Faster Casting. 

Example.   2/6 Jewelry equipped on a Chiv character who goes into Protection.   End result is that the Chivalry casting cap of 4/6 gets reduced to 2/6 because of protection & because the character has 2/6 equipped he casts Chiv spells @ that speed that are uninteruptable (prot etc.)

Also... The mystic Spell Stoneform applies an actualy -2 Faster Casting (This will NOT Take you Negative) which effectively means that if you had 6/6 Casting & went into Stone form you could still be casting Spellweaving or Chivalry for instance at 4/6. Granted... I know Chivalry gets capped at 2/6 if you have MysticSkill or Magery >= 70.0... If your on a Mystic Mage & you go into protection (Magery / Mystic reduced to 0/6 Cap) you will not lose any further casting speed by going into Stoneform.

Anyway...

Scrripty

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 11:14:38 AM »
Script Said:
Protection drops you to 0 fc also.  And can go in the - if you have - fc items on.

The above is correct because we were only discussing magery.  And here is my exact quote from the thread you didn't read to the end. :)

I also read that protection gives -2 casting with a cap at 0.  That's what I'm going to try anyways.

My understanding is that protection subtracts 2 from the cap, AND ANY -casting items WILL take you below 0.  But there is a server cap of .25 seconds on fc.  So TECHNICALLY you are correct.  But I'm still correct. :)  If you have 4/6 and you cast protection you are now 2/6 for chivalry and 0/6 for magery.  If you equip a -1 fc weapon, you are 1/6 for chiv, and 0/6 for magery.  That's my understanding of it.  You always will have a .25 second cast delay at the minimum, as this is a SERVER SIDE CAP, as I said.  And yes, -casting weapons actually DO take you into negative casting.  The .25 second hard cap fixed going below that.  You're picking hairs here because I was only commenting on magery.  Seriously, just take my word for casting. :)  It's simpler that way.  I am going to request here that ANYONE with anything different to say with regard to casting please back it up with hard figures or printed facts.  This is backed up with the thread where I researched it, and the tons of research I did for 2 scripts I wrote based on the data.  Now if you're talking about Mysticism, I have no idea.  I haven't worked with it at all yet.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 12:24:38 PM »
You seem to have taken offense Twinkle McNugget,which I didn't intend. 

I said This statement was incorrect....

because the topic of the thread was Fastest Casting / Recovery & Protection does not drop you to ZERO FC for all cases (Chivalry / SW / Necro etc).. Also... & I had just got off of TC to verify that SC-1 items will not reduce you below 0 FC...which is true.

NOW this comment I kinda do take offense to...

Script Said:
Seriously, just take my word for casting.   It's simpler that way.  I am going to request here that ANYONE with anything different to say with regard to casting please back it up with hard figures or printed facts.  This is backed up with the thread where I researched it, and the tons of research I did for 2 scripts I wrote based on the data.

I'll just say that I found this pretty condescending, but I've also TESTED & found it to be incorrect.. so I simply figured you'd want to be aware of that (or at least take it upon yourself to RETEST it until your certain etc.. up to you.)

Anyway... a Few points

1)
My understanding is that protection subtracts 2 from the cap, AND ANY -casting items WILL take you below 0.  But there is a server cap of .25 seconds on fc.  So TECHNICALLY you are correct.
  There is indeed a 0.25 Sec Casting Cap.  This means you cannot cast any spell FASTER than 0.25 seconds......but the Negative Faster Casting were talking of INCREASES casting times making them take longer hence the server cap has nothing to do with it.

2) SC-1 weapons are applied BEFORE the cap.  If I have 4/6 Casting items equipped & I then cast protection the casting cap for Chivalry will drop to 2/6.  This is the CAP that's 2/6... NOT what you actually have equipped.  This means that at this point if I put on a SC -1 weapon & a SC -1 Sheild My 4/6 Casting will now have -2 FC applied to it which reduces 4/6 to 2/6... & since I'm currently in protection the CAP for Chivalry is 2/6 & I'm casting as MAX speed.   

3) An easy test...   Have 0/0 Casting on a mage & Time Casting a Harm.  = 1.25 Seconds.    Now Apply a SC-1 Weapon & a SC -1 Sheild. & Recast your HARM...   It's STILL 1.25 Seconds thus SC -1 items cannot reduce you below ZERO...

Anyway... I'm done at this point.  I simply saw the information  & wanted to clear it up some.

Scrripty

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 01:02:55 PM »
I'll just post my equation and you can argue with it till you're blue in the face. 

Code: [Select]
  ; %1 = Users Faster Casting Recovery
  ; %2 = Users Faster Casting
  ; %3 = Spell Level
  ; %4 = Decides if using a necro spell: #TRUE / #FALSE
  ; %5 = Protection #TRUE / #FALSE

; fc calced, no protection
           ;SET !FCRWait ( 6 - %1 ) / 4 * 1000
           ;SET !FCWait ( 4 - %2 + %3 ) / 4 * 1000

That's wrong is what you're sayin? And the below is wrong?

Code: [Select]
        ; fc calced , prot on
          SET !FCRWait ( 6 - %1 ) / 4 * 1000
          SET !FCWait ( 6 - %2 + %3 ) / 4 * 1000

Either post some relevant data or some code to show me this is wrong, or I wont believe it.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 01:10:02 PM »
Script Said:

Protection actually applies a -2 FC to the CAP for whatever type of spell your casting.  It DOES NOT simply give you -2 FC or drop you to zero FC.  The effect is the same in some cases but not always..  Also, SC-1 Items cannot drop you below 0 Faster Casting. 

Example.   2/6 Jewelry equipped on a Chiv character who goes into Protection.   End result is that the Chivalry casting cap of 4/6 gets reduced to 2/6 because of protection & because the character has 2/6 equipped he casts Chiv spells @ that speed that are uninteruptable (prot etc.)

Also... The mystic Spell Stoneform applies an actualy -2 Faster Casting (This will NOT Take you Negative) which effectively means that if you had 6/6 Casting & went into Stone form you could still be casting Spellweaving or Chivalry for instance at 4/6. Granted... I know Chivalry gets capped at 2/6 if you have MysticSkill or Magery >= 70.0... If your on a Mystic Mage & you go into protection (Magery / Mystic reduced to 0/6 Cap) you will not lose any further casting speed by going into Stoneform.

Anyway...

Great info thx.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 01:57:50 PM »
Twinkle McNugget Said:
Either post some relevant data or some code to show me this is wrong, or I wont believe it.

If you post the whole Casting Sub & The Whole Sub that Calculates FC /  FCR I can look @ them for ya & see if there's anything incorrect.  It's a little hard with only the namespace !FCRwait and !FCwait to tell how you use those #'s...

Scrripty

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »
There went your credibility with me... :)  That portion makes absolute sense.  Hard to refute sense... plug in the numbers I gave ya there and you'll see.  The numbers match perfectly with whats posted.  Protection on, and protection off.  I also have the other subs if you'd like for necro and such... because necro is affected differently by protection.  You knew that tho I'm sure. heh  Like I said, just take my word for it.  It's right. :)

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 11:55:56 PM »
; %1 = Users Faster Casting Recovery
  ; %2 = Users Faster Casting
  ; %3 = Spell Level
  ; %4 = Decides if using a necro spell: #TRUE / #FALSE
  ; %5 = Protection #TRUE / #FALSE

set %1 6
set %2 0
set %3 2
set %4 #False
set %5 #True

;fc calced, no protection
SET !FCWait ( 4 - %2 + %3 ) / 4 * 1000

OUTPUT:

!FCRWait 0
!FCWait 1500

That's wrong is what you're sayin? And the below is wrong?

Well if your using Millisecond mesurements & that 1500 is 1.5 Seconds then yea !FCWait is Wrong.  A 2nd Circle spell Takes 1.25 Seconds to Cast @ 0/6 Casting which is what I specified.  Granted if it's a simple Added Wait time needed for your script to function that's fine, but you didn't really say so..

;fc calced , prot on
SET !FCWait ( 6 - %2 + %3 ) / 4 * 1000

OUTPUT
!FCRWait = 0
!FCWait = 2000

So.. Call the !FCWait 2 Seconds then...  With 0/6 Casting which is the the same as 2/6 Casting in protection a 2nd circle Magery spell actually takes 1.25 seconds to Cast... Not 2 Seconds...   Anyway... I don't doubt your Subs Function & there acuracy wasn't what I was trying to correct anyway... 

I was simply Trying to clear up some misunderstanding about

1) How protection Functions

2) SC -1 Weapons or Stone Form CANNOT put you below 0 (ZERO) Faster Casting...  0/6 Jewel set with a SC-1 weap & SC -1 Sheild & SToneform (-2 FC) & in protection still leaves you at 0/6 Casting.

:) It's not Blue!

Scrripty

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 07:52:43 AM »
Just play with it till you figure it out.  And yes, the .25 seconds extra on fc is intentional.  Although, if you're figuring necro, there's a few level 0 spells for necro.  Like wither is only a 1.0 second cast time... so you need to use 0 for the spell level.  I have it all broken down by necro/magery in the sub.  Let me know if you have problems understanding it.

Tags: