Author Topic: New Account management system.  (Read 8880 times)

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: New Account management system.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »
Anyone have a working customer support number?  I poked around the site and didn't find one.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline bodfatherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 02:03:18 PM »
Anyone have a working customer support number?  I poked around the site and didn't find one.

1-866-543-5435 the only toll free #, you'll have to hit 1 for origin then option 2 for other. Wait time is REALLY quick though and the guys are awesome but the women act like they don't give a *bleep*. I've had 2 of each over the past few days so i'm experienced haha..

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 12:53:59 PM »
  Codes are re-enabled as of this morning. I am currently having no troubles and upgraded the account i intend to play to SA through the site with no hassle at all. It was very quick and simple.

Under the drop down menu select the account you want to upgrade and scroll down. Hit activate key and copy-paste the upgrade code and enter the anti bot code and that's it.

I like the layout of this system but i still have mixed feelings about this as there's still no way to delete cc info (also heard if your card expires there's no way to update the current card with a new ex date or add the new card again since it's got the same #) and there's no way to unlink accounts to give/sell.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 01:15:16 PM »
Hey bodfather.  Are all codes functioning, including gametime?

Think I'll test setting up a master account with one of my mining accounts to get a feel for the system before I set up one for my main accounts.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 02:17:41 PM »
Im not sure about gametime but the herald said all codes were active now

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 04:16:36 PM »
I added the rustic pack and it worked fine.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 05:26:32 PM »
New TOS have been posted and have to be accepted before continuing on to account management.

The new ToS can be found here: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBPRIVACY/US/en/PC/

I really too hyper to sit down and try to read something i have no interest in but i did skim some and found this:

A.    What Types of Non-Personal Information Does EA Collect?

When you use EA online and mobile products and services or you play our games on your PC or game system, we may collect certain non-personal demographic information including gender, zip code, information about your computer, hardware, software, platform, game system, media, mobile device, including device IDs, incident data, Internet Protocol (IP) address, network Media Access Control (MAC) address and connection. We also collect other non-personal information such as username, user ID or persona, feature usage, game play statistics, scores and achievements, user rankings and click paths as well as other data that you may provide in surveys, via your account preferences and online profiles such as friends lists or purchases, for instance. We may also receive either non-personal or public information from third parties in connection with market and demographic studies and/or data that we use to supplement personal information provided directly by you.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 06:10:15 PM by bodfather »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2011, 01:49:34 PM »
Well i set up 3 master accounts without an issue... only linked in 1 account so far as its billing info was declined.... bit of a messy system but  ok once i got used to it.

It did show me the option to link many old accounts i had forgotten about and probably dont know the passwords for anyways.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2011, 02:16:58 PM »
Yeah it's not bad at all once you get in there. Hope i was able to ease the pain of this some.

But i've heard Messanna lost his/her job because of this new account system mayhem.

The main thing is if they wipe your billing info don't try to subscribe again because they will double charge you. As long as your account shows Active and gives you an end date you're good to go until that date. That's how i've gotten my trial account for 2 months (they recently shut down) and i've also got a free month on 1 account and i also a month added onto my main account free of charge.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2011, 02:41:05 PM »
But i've heard Messanna lost his/her job because of this new account system mayhem.

I don't think the dev team had anything to do with the account system at all. 

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2011, 02:48:14 PM »
You're exactly right but they Messanna IS responsible for customer relations. There was a bunch of people that "supposedly quit" because they couldn't figure it out or the new system declined their CC. Then you have the MASS amount of people calling tech lines which i assume some had some not so nice words as well.

This is just a rumor and i'm not 100% sure. For all i know he/she could be on vacation but the last word from her was Aug 13th. 

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2011, 03:52:10 PM »
It still will not take my discover card

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »
their was probably alot of accounts out thier that were being auto billed and the owners were not actively playing the game.  If they suddenly stop charging those cards theirs a dam good chance that the owners will not renew.. and thus lost revenue.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: