Author Topic: C2's Trick or Treater 2.3  (Read 83993 times)

Offline Venosa

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Venosa has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Trick or Treater 2.3
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »
I did download the file as mentioned, it is the only way I download them, never copy and paste. I will try the mentioned troubleshooting steps above, and also try a different runebook. Thanks for the fast responses and help guys. Truly appreciated. Back to some more testing.

Offline Venosa

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2013, 07:52:21 PM »
Ugh, I have had no luck with this thing. The recall test sub didn't work for me. it seems like what happens, the moment I get teleported it doesn't recognize I have moved cords and doesn't even attempt to recall. *shrugs* I even tested different characters.

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2013, 08:46:27 PM »
Ugh, I have had no luck with this thing. The recall test sub didn't work for me. it seems like what happens, the moment I get teleported it doesn't recognize I have moved cords and doesn't even attempt to recall. *shrugs* I even tested different characters.

Sounds like it cannot find the runebook.  That is why it is just sitting there after a tele.  The recall subs don't see it.  Can you buy or make a brand new one and put the runes in it?  Also double chest to make sure nothing else has Halloween in its name.  I have never met someone with these issues.  You have something bugged for sure. 

Offline brianfreud

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • brianfreud has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2013, 06:30:49 AM »
Thanks for this.  :)  Setup was a breeze, and it's been working for 15 min like a champ.  I commented out the teleporter delay, as I'm not using one, but I still see a few seconds extra delay doing nothing after it pathfinds and arrives at the secure.  Otherwise, I doubt this could be any smoother or faster.

Brian

Offline unisharp

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • unisharp has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2013, 02:04:38 PM »
Script has been working perfectly except for one thing...  Every hour or two, my client will close and the script will stop.  Every time it does this, my character is standing at my door.

Anything wrong with my return code?

Code: [Select]
if #CHARPOSY >= %pathfindrangestart && #CHARPOSY <= %pathfindrangewindow
   {
   repeat
   event pathfind 2037 1271  ;x/y of first location (not recall point)
   until #charposx = 2037 && #charposy = 1271

;*** Add this in for doors!
   finditem FJC_HJC g_3
   set #lobjectid #findid
   event macro 17
   wait 10

;  wait 40 ; because of teleporter- take out if not using teleporter
   ;do not edit below-this is your original starting point
   repeat
   event pathfind %movedx %movedy
   until #charposx = %movedx && #charposy = %movedy
   }

Offline Venosa

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2013, 08:32:22 PM »
I think my luck is that I ping horribly to ATL, because I have tested many runebooks. I have had that problem in the past where certain scripts just don't work well to shards I ping very high to.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2013, 05:10:16 AM »
I think my luck is that I ping horribly to ATL, because I have tested many runebooks. I have had that problem in the past where certain scripts just don't work well to shards I ping very high to.

yes,  it is the recall sub stopping the script when it cannot find the book.  i saw it happen to me two times last night on a lag spikes on an older computer.  I really cannot edit TMs recall code that is in my script.  i could possibly just make a default rune as part of the script for returning to the house.  since all the recall code is not mine... it limits me but it is def that section because i finally witnessed it after days and days of use.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2013, 05:13:58 AM »
Script has been working perfectly except for one thing...  Every hour or two, my client will close and the script will stop.  Every time it does this, my character is standing at my door.

Anything wrong with my return code?

Code: [Select]
if #CHARPOSY >= %pathfindrangestart && #CHARPOSY <= %pathfindrangewindow
   {
   repeat
   event pathfind 2037 1271  ;x/y of first location (not recall point)
   until #charposx = 2037 && #charposy = 1271

;*** Add this in for doors!
   finditem FJC_HJC g_3
   set #lobjectid #findid
   event macro 17
   wait 10

;  wait 40 ; because of teleporter- take out if not using teleporter
   ;do not edit below-this is your original starting point
   repeat
   event pathfind %movedx %movedy
   until #charposx = %movedx && #charposy = %movedy
   }

Sibble,
  sometimes characters freeze while pathfinding after recalls if it is laggy and everythign isnt refreshed.  if this is the case, id add a wait after the recall for a bit to limit that.  other times, a character tries to run in while it is bleeding and it kicks back one tile after reaching your spot like a teleporter.  it then tries to pathfind to a spot no longer available.  i set up two spots to pathfind to before it goes through the teleporter for this reason and it has limited that rubberbanding from the bleed trick they pull on ya.  try making the other spot one spot away from the entry point.

Offline Venosa

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2013, 06:17:05 AM »

yes,  it is the recall sub stopping the script when it cannot find the book.  i saw it happen to me two times last night on a lag spikes on an older computer.  I really cannot edit TMs recall code that is in my script.  i could possibly just make a default rune as part of the script for returning to the house.  since all the recall code is not mine... it limits me but it is def that section because i finally witnessed it after days and days of use.

Ahh I see well at least I know I am not crazy lol. Thank you for checking into it C2

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2013, 02:51:37 PM »

i rebooted everything after leaving it shut down for a bit and now it has been blazing for 5 hours straight on a laggy shard for me.  interesting.  i think the only way to truly beat that behavior is for me to redo the recall routines for this particular script.  i dont see myself having a lot of time to do so.  maybe this weekend, maybe not though.  i thin we have it narrowed down but it seems to pick on only you for 99.9% of the time.  what a hater!

Ahh I see well at least I know I am not crazy lol. Thank you for checking into it C2

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »
Are there any new items from T or T this year?

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2013, 07:22:38 PM »
Are there any new items from T or T this year?

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Heads_On_A_Pike.png

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2013, 08:22:59 PM »
Yes
11 Head on  spike

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »
Wow, those are gruesome.  Guess I might have to fire this script up.

Offline unisharp

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • unisharp has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »
I added a wait 20 in before the open door script, currently flawless.

Tags: