Author Topic: ScriptUO is Great  (Read 7729 times)

Offline DragoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Drago has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
ScriptUO is Great
« on: June 19, 2013, 05:03:22 AM »
Just wanted to state my opinion, so take it for whats its worth.  I feel this site has a lot to offer everyone from beginner to the most experienced vet.  The scripts and the knowledge that people share is awesome.  I feel this site is one of the best i have been on and really enjoy reading the posts and seeing the higher ranked members responding to the newer members.  With that said i think this site is great and more people should know about the job well done here. 

I only wish there was away for new members that are not computers wise geeks to learn how to write scripts so we or myself can feel like we are contributing to the site more.  Great job guys and gals keep it up!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO is Great
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 05:22:53 AM »

I only wish there was away for new members that are not computers wise geeks to learn how to write scripts so we or myself can feel like we are contributing to the site more.  Great job guys and gals keep it up!

When you find a script that you really like, start looking at it and follow its flow. Try not to choose one like TM's scripts with 100k lines of code at the beginning because you will fry your brain like I did. Look for something smaller and simpler.  :D

Look and see what it is asking, and if you get stuck, google the line and add easyuo onto it and you can usually find out what it is trying to do. You can also go to Easyuo's Wiki and that will help a lot too. http://wiki.easyuo.com/index.php?title=Main_Page This will really help you understand what is going on.

Don't be afraid to try and write your own, the guys here are awesome about helping noobs like me when trying to write scripts. You will find that you are contributing back by doing this while learning a lot at the same time. I like to look through the script debug sections and see what questions are being asked and how they are being answered. Scripting was very difficult for me to understand at first but now that I am more familiar with it, it isn't so tough.

Dip your feet in the water, wade around a bit, you will be fine.  ;D

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 08:22:17 AM »
Thanks for the positive sentiments!  We have a great community here with the Elites still proving why they were chosen in the beginning, and we constantly have new people coming all the time that show a love for scripting and are also helpful to the young ones.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »
Just wanted to state my opinion, so take it for whats its worth.  I feel this site has a lot to offer everyone from beginner to the most experienced vet.  The scripts and the knowledge that people share is awesome.  I feel this site is one of the best i have been on and really enjoy reading the posts and seeing the higher ranked members responding to the newer members.  With that said i think this site is great and more people should know about the job well done here. 

Drago-
  That is great feedback.  You know, I have never had a computer class in my life and I have my own script library here.  Pressing F7 while a script played was my friend for a while.  it steps through easy uo one click at a time and allows you to see the character action with the executed lines.  The tutorial section is also the bomb!
  The best way for a non scripting member to help out is often testing scripts that are just being released and writing comments that are accurate as possible as to where and what is going on.  Tutorials for new UO events is also awesome for members that do not get to play as much.  I always get excited when someone posts up the steps to a new quest.
Glad you joined us!
C2

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
I know this site and you guy are the bomb, but my brain can't understand the next step of scripting.  I try to build sub with %1  %2   with he mini sub of TM. I got lose and don't work.  But I'm still trying.  I have 2 little scripts that I use often for me and hope to clean them better.    I love and like how the help go around. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 06:46:47 PM »
Feel free to go to the appropriate posts and ask questions.  Since we all started out with probably the same questions you presently have, you'll get understanding feedback and help.

Best thing is to start small and work your way up.  If you try something too ambitious, then you may get frustrated.  Next best thing is to take your more complex project and split it up into smaller functions.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:48:43 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 11:03:48 AM »

Thank you for your Feedback!

If someone ask kindly iam sure we will respond as well.
If someone is stuck at scripting, we can help as long as enough informations are provided ( Code , Targets , Flow of Script ).
As Long as People start beeing a part of Community , we can raise up.

Responsing Time and Delivered Content always depends on the activity  of each individual :-)

Offline DragoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Drago has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 04:09:01 PM »
Thank you for responding i just believe that vet players should want to help others learn our game if we expect it to survive.  That is one reason i like sites like this one. 

Post Merge: June 23, 2013, 08:12:48 PM

When you find a script that you really like, start looking at it and follow its flow. Try not to choose one like TM's scripts with 100k lines of code at the beginning because you will fry your brain like I did. Look for something smaller and simpler.  :D

Look and see what it is asking, and if you get stuck, google the line and add easyuo onto it and you can usually find out what it is trying to do. You can also go to Easyuo's Wiki and that will help a lot too. http://wiki.easyuo.com/index.php?title=Main_Page This will really help you understand what is going on.

Don't be afraid to try and write your own, the guys here are awesome about helping noobs like me when trying to write scripts. You will find that you are contributing back by doing this while learning a lot at the same time. I like to look through the script debug sections and see what questions are being asked and how they are being answered. Scripting was very difficult for me to understand at first but now that I am more familiar with it, it isn't so tough.

Dip your feet in the water, wade around a bit, you will be fine.  ;D
You that is a good idea about following the flow of someone's script but, i do not understand the language of why certain things are written.I will check the linkl u passed to me though. 

Post Merge: June 23, 2013, 06:16:09 PM
Feel free to go to the appropriate posts and ask questions.  Since we all started out with probably the same questions you presently have, you'll get understanding feedback and help.

Best thing is to start small and work your way up.  If you try something too ambitious, then you may get frustrated.  Next best thing is to take your more complex project and split it up into smaller functions.
i do have an idea i would like to try.  I would like to see a script for marking banks to make like city rune books just not sure its possible.  if so u can actually do dungeons and others. 

Post Merge: June 23, 2013, 04:17:56 PM

Drago-
  That is great feedback.  You know, I have never had a computer class in my life and I have my own script library here.  Pressing F7 while a script played was my friend for a while.  it steps through easy uo one click at a time and allows you to see the character action with the executed lines.  The tutorial section is also the bomb!
  The best way for a non scripting member to help out is often testing scripts that are just being released and writing comments that are accurate as possible as to where and what is going on.  Tutorials for new UO events is also awesome for members that do not get to play as much.  I always get excited when someone posts up the steps to a new quest.
Glad you joined us!
C2
I am more than happy to test scripts for people and give feedback.  I may try that.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:17:56 PM by Drago »

Tags: