Author Topic: Need help getting back into UO:(  (Read 8127 times)

Offline Pop RockTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Pop Rock has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Need help getting back into UO:(
« on: April 08, 2014, 01:38:02 PM »
+1
So this last week I have finally been able to sit down, load uo, easyuo, uosteam, etc... I have been gone for over a year on personal business and have not even logged into ScriptUO let alone uo in that time. :( and now there's new stuff I have no idea what is!! XD

I guess what I'm hoping this post will accomplish is to put myself in touch with someone who can help me figure everything out, like what is this stealth client, scriptuo application, why euox won't work with my client anymore, etc... I feel like a noob again looking at all the posts and thinking, "What in the world are they talking about!?"

If anyone has the time to get in touch with me, I would very much appreciate it!!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: Need help getting back into UO:(
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 01:49:18 PM »
+1
So stealth is a different form of EasyUO.  It uses a different language and runs differently. If you learn that, you will be able to do alot more than EUO can.

ScriptUO is a program that allows you to write scripts and check your script for errors.  It doesn't script for you.  It is just a tool.

EasyUO needs to be downloaded every time there is an update.  Your EUO has to be up to date.  If you run Windows 7 you must run it as an administrator.

Just ask specific questions and there is always help available :)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 01:56:18 PM »
+1
For stealth, seeing as it uses a completely different language, it there a program out there that can convert my euo scripts into stealth? The reason I ask is because I have hundred and hundreds of scripts, some of them +1,000 lines long... and I'm unable to use them :'( it would be really helpful if such a program existed XDD but if it doesn't no sweat lol

ScriptUO- what languages does it support? like if I start using stealth, will it check that also? or does it only do euo? 0.0

EasUO- honestly, is it even worth the hassle anymore? I mean I love it to death but after being away for over a year I don't really remember a lot of the scripting stuff lmao. If it isn't worth the hassle, what would you suggest?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 03:24:13 PM »
+1
ScriptUO only supports the EasyUO language syntax.  If you know what you're doing, you can actually get it to context color C#.  I have a version that handles LUA as well, but I never released it.

EasyUO is still nice because it's really easy to make quick scripts as well  as scripts that utilize the UI.  So there's still a place for it.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 04:52:40 PM »
+1
So stealth is a different form of better than EasyUO will ever be.  It uses a different language and runs differently. If you learn that, you will be able to do alot more than EUO can.

ScriptUO is a program that allows you to write scripts and check your script for errors.  It doesn't script for you.  It is just a tool.

EasyUO needs to be downloaded every time there is an update.  Your EUO has to be up to date.  If you run Windows 7 you must run it as an administrator.

Just ask specific questions and there is always help available :)

fixed
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:56:05 PM by dxrom »

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 11:38:57 PM »
+1
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:41:11 PM by Crome969 »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 09:56:05 AM »
+1
Did the .NET wrapper get updated for the latest version of Stealth?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 10:07:14 AM »
+1
I fear to say no. Orich werent responding lately to our calls. When all brigde crashs i may need to start again on writing it up

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
+1
I fear to say no. Orich werent responding lately to our calls. When all brigde crashs i may need to start again on writing it up

Bummer, just as I have some time to play around with it too!
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 12:30:02 PM »
+1
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:45:54 PM by Pop Rock »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 01:01:32 PM »
+1
Ok, nvm bout the OpenUO lmao, I just figured it out and it seems to be useful:) but is there by chance a translator from euo to oeuo? like not just for subs but translating an entire script?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 01:31:07 PM »
+1
EN wrote a converter that does much of the work to convert existing EUO scripts to Lua.  http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=6312.msg53475#msg53475

The main problem with this conversion is that OEUO doesn't handle UI implementations in EUO well at all.  I did a converter at one point for the UI stuff, but found it was horribly buggy and gave up on Lua and OEUO entirely.  That was really the last time I was active with UO scripting.  I actually purged all knowledge of Lua from my brain.  There are a few "under the hood" annoyances that really turned me off.  Some great methods too, but the annoyances were something I just couldn't stomach any more.

OEUO has its uses and is good for some things.  If you have basic scripts that don't require the UI or feedback, then OEUO is an option.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:33:56 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »
+1
Thank you TM!!! I'm trying it out now!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 09:09:51 PM »
+1
Bear with me here... So Stealth uses different languages? 0.0 I'm sorry if it seems like I'm asking really obvious questions here I'm just confused :(

Also, what is OpenOU? 0.0 I know I seem to be asking a lot of dumb questions lol. I just haven't been here for a while and need to catch up with everything that's out there lmao

It support the usage and handling of multiple languanges.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 12:58:04 PM »
+1
Ok, so I've got stealth but honestly, I can safely say I have no idea what I'm doing on this... is there a walkthrough anywhere that's not in german? 0.0

Tags: