Author Topic: LF - Stable Runebook Copier  (Read 5244 times)

Offline GuadahTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Guadah has no influence.
  • Who farted?!
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • L%N Website
LF - Stable Runebook Copier
« on: August 30, 2011, 08:16:54 PM »
I've been looking for a stable runebook copier script, but those that I've found have some, if not a lot, of issues.  Does anybody have a stable working one they can direct me to?

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: LF - Stable Runebook Copier
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 04:08:37 AM »
The issue I have seen in the ones I have is that the OCR process tends to have issues and the runes end up mislabelled.

I think the OCR issue could be eliminated and efficiency improved a lot by pulling rune names with event property on each rune as its copied.

To my knowledge there is no plug and play version around that would buy the materials, etc.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 06:08:58 AM »
The issue I have seen in the ones I have is that the OCR process tends to have issues and the runes end up mislabelled.

I think the OCR issue could be eliminated and efficiency improved a lot by pulling rune names with event property on each rune as its copied.

To my knowledge there is no plug and play version around that would buy the materials, etc.
So it would be needet a Osistandart Version who would drop all runes, buy runes and then recall and mark?

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 06:26:31 AM »
I don't know if it necessarily needs it, but that is what I would shoot for if I was going to build it.  

I wouldn't want to dump all of the runes out of the book and try to keep track of them, so I would have it drop a rune, recall to it, drop it back in the book, mark, name, drop new rune in new book. If you were making more than one book you could mark a couple new runes and put them in all of the books before going to the next spot maybe. 

I would have a dangerous location mode that used hide/invis/area peace. A toon that can area peace and hide would be able to mark consistently anywhere.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:29:50 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 06:29:18 AM »
I have one that does all that with some bells on .... had it for years... not working at present due to me fluffing it up sometime ago.  Sadly its going to stay in my private stash... I believe their is a decent one that will copy a single book over on easy.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 08:39:20 AM »
It wouldn't be a bad idea to start the process off with an initialization sub, for example:

1 - select which book to copy
2 - drop rune 1 in pack
3 - Event property to get name
4 - set %rune1 to value from property
5 - drop back in book (becomes rune 16)
6 - drop rune 1 in pack
rinse/repeat 16 times

When all 16 are complete they will be back in the book in the correct order and 16 variables will be equipped with the rune names. Then start the copy process (recall, mark, name, drop in a book, move to rune 2).

Not too difficult to do really. You could make it as complicated as you want of course, hiding/peacing/etc/etc.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 08:48:40 AM »
I love how I am reading tutorials and trying to get my first script idea straight in my head.  Working on details looking at sub libraries you guys have posted and continued researching.  My mind is mush and you guys make comments like "it really wouldn't be that difficult".  LOL

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 09:39:01 AM »
Not the way i done it 12x... kal's ocr is da bomb if you use it right.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 10:26:35 AM »
There is a script that I use, I had to up the LPC before the ocr to make it actually work relatively quickly though.

It JUST copies runebooks. You have to have runes in a bag and a full and empty runebook in your pack.

Gonzo's Runebook Copier
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 10:48:58 AM »
Not the way i done it 12x... kal's ocr is da bomb if you use it right.
OCR is definitely the way to go...I tend to slight away from it since it confuses me at times :P
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
  • Who farted?!
    • View Profile
    • L%N Website
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 07:15:27 PM »
I have one that does all that with some bells on .... had it for years... not working at present due to me fluffing it up sometime ago.  Sadly its going to stay in my private stash... I believe their is a decent one that will copy a single book over on easy.

I remember being taunted with that private stash script back in 2008. 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 08:04:21 PM »
LOL its still the same one... i wrote that script back in ummm  o4 or 05

• Activity:
    0%
  • Who farted?!
    • View Profile
    • L%N Website
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 05:32:57 AM »
There is a script that I use, I had to up the LPC before the ocr to make it actually work relatively quickly though.

It JUST copies runebooks. You have to have runes in a bag and a full and empty runebook in your pack.

Gonzo's Runebook Copier

Cerveza... Thank you!  This is the Runebook copier I use to use.  I could not remember the name of it, and went through 3-4 different types before posting this thread.  I've always liked this one, and really hate that I did not keep ALL of my scripts from when I quit.  I had written a blank rune buying sub for personal use, will just have to write it again.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 05:36:44 AM »
NP at all, I would post up my changes but I'm at work...

Just put something like this around the "call kalocr" stuff

before the call:

set %lpc_old #lpc
set #lpc 5000

then after the ocr stuff just put it back, you may be able to leave it at 5k, donno....

set #lpc %lpc_old
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
  • Who farted?!
    • View Profile
    • L%N Website
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 06:48:26 AM »
I just marked 5 books with no issues what-so-ever.  Worked flawlessly, just need to add in my subs for buying runes so I can mark, mark & mark without having to stop to buy runes manually.

Tags: