Author Topic: Chest of Sending For Gold Stacks  (Read 10814 times)

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Chest of Sending For Gold Stacks
« on: October 12, 2013, 08:58:51 AM »
;==================================
; Script Name: Gold To Bank Using A Chest of Sending
; Author: Gimlet
; Version: 2.0
; Shard OSI
; Elite Release: July 24, 2012
; Public Release October 12, 2013
; Purpose: Moving stacks of gold from a house secure to your Bank
; using a chest of sending
; Thanks To TrailMyx and Paulonius for several of the Subs

No setup required other than a locked down chest of sending and a container with gold stacks

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Gold To Bank .txt

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chest of Sending For Gold Stacks
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 09:24:10 AM »
I never understood the reason behind these chests of sending... Is gold their only practical use since it's the only stackable resource that cannot be put into a commodity deed?

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 07:18:20 PM »
It worked fine.. couple notes/observances that might help you improve it.

1) It dragged the gold out of my backpack not just from the targeted container. You should make a note of that in description.

2) you have a goto cutloop that does nothing. (bit of leftover code :) )

3) The Repeat -- until loop should end with an additional  "|| #findcnt = 0"  (ie not more stacks of gold) .. It should be followed by a halt command...

4) you open the paperdoll, I'm not seeing how that is actually neeeded.

Congratulations your Script has been moved to Script library
(If you feel the script is in the wrong section please send me a pm.)

Thank you for your submission.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 04:13:54 PM »
I occasionally place a house next to an idoc and, when I do, I usually get the chest full of resources since nobody else can really carry it. A commodity deed box full of resources is such a pain because I have to go get deeds to put them in before I can take them away.

The chest of sending would be a solution in this case, IF I can send stacks of resources out of a chest and not from my backpack. I don't want to have to break up 60k stacks of items into amounts I can carry to send each individually.

Can the chest of sending send a 60k stack of items from another chest(not in my pack) ?? I've been googling it for 20 mins, and this post came up so... :)  I don't have the gothic theme pack but would buy it just for the chest if it can do that.

Does anyone know?

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 04:52:19 PM »
You can only send items from your backpack.    You can send any items in your backpack.  it like a bag of sending.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 05:48:01 PM »
You can only send items from your backpack.    You can send any items in your backpack.  it like a bag of sending.

As always the Ghost has nailed it!

You must have a locked down chest of sending and the item must fit in your backpack!

Now if we could find a bug.................................

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 06:06:22 PM »
So it's a glorified bag of sending you can't use anywhere but in your house? 50 charges that re-charge on their own(slowly) doesn't justify getting the $9.99 gothic pack, unless you want the house look I guess. IMO it should send whatever you put in it, I mean, it's a chest of sending that sends from my pack and not from the chest? lol

I currently lock down a commodity box and one by one turn the items into deeds, hand em off to my crafter at the bank and undeed them so I can stack them in his bank. It would have been sooooooo much more convenient to simply send them directly to his bank via the chest of sending....

Thanks for the info!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:08:14 PM by Gemviper »

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 08:41:18 PM »
I usually send my gold to the bank. When I collect 5 or 6 million I send it to bank. Works great for that

Offline REEFHAWK

• Activity:
    0%
  • REEFHAWK has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 08:10:10 AM »
Thanks for letting us use this.  I had a ton of gold in chests.  Started Script and before I new it all gold had been sent to bank.  Thanks again.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 08:59:18 AM »
 ;D   ;D    ;D

Tags: