Author Topic: Seventy2's Christmas Caroler  (Read 14508 times)

Offline Seventy2Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Seventy2 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Seventy2's Christmas Caroler
« on: December 20, 2008, 05:42:19 PM »
This one was a big hit last year over on UOC and it took me way too long to get the timings just right for it to only be used one year.  So here it is, my Christmas Caroler!

This script is a menu driven Christmas caroler script.  Simply choose the song you wish to "sing"  and click the button, and your character will belt out the song in its entirety (i.e. not just the chorus.  Some songs have more verses than included here, but some songs just plain have too many verses).  The current version has 27 holiday classics:

Jingle Bells
Frosty the Snowman
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas
Away in a Manger
O Little Town of Bethlehem
Silent Night
The First Noel
Here Comes Santa Claus
O Christmas Tree
Winter Wonderland
Silver Bells
O Come, All Ye Faithful
Joy to the Word
Little Drummer Boy
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Up On the Housetop
Twelve Days of Christmas
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
Hark, the Herald Angels Sing
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
Deck the Halls
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)

It's pretty much plug-n-play, no setup required.  Just run the script and it will ask you if you want to start the script in compact mode.  This refers to the menu, and you can switch between the two at any time you're not in the middle of a song.  Pics of the two modes:

Basically, one has buttons, the other has a dropdown list.  Enjoy, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
72's Christmas Caroler.txt

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Seventy2's Christmas Caroler
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 12:35:39 PM »
Way cool! I gotta play with this! How funny!

I can see it now "I got banned for christmas caroling!"

Thanks Seventy2 and Merry Xmas!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 01:15:14 PM »
I can see it now "I got banned for christmas caroling!"

How lame would that be?  But with all the political-correctness going around, anything is possible.  Merry Christhanukkquanza!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 04:58:00 AM »
This is so cool. I love it. But I am going to have to make it better.  I want it to spout of a random carol whenever somone walks by. :) I dont think it will be too hard but If you want I will send you my mods when i am done. Oh and i am going to have to toss in a few Bob Rivers Twisted xmas song. I just love " Walking around in Womens Underware"

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 10:16:02 AM »
I always wanted to create a random "cat call" script.  You too can become the bane HERO of all construction sites!  "Hey sexy mama!  Lemme sit here an oogle your cans!"  lol.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:09:52 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 12:03:46 PM »
I'm Gonna go Shard hopping looking for you guys now :P

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 12:13:07 PM »
Really though, I think 72 should make is so it will coordinate other possible carolers.  Have a "Ready Guys?" journal scan (in guild chat for example) and then everyone starts to carol in sync.  Boy would that be annoying!!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 05:05:49 PM »
Well before i went to work, i got to to randomaly pick a carol, sing it, bow, say merry christmass lexia!!! and then do it all over again without repeating the same carol. I was already thinking of the group caroling bit.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 05:21:29 PM »
Well before i went to work, i got to to randomaly pick a carol, sing it, bow, say merry christmass lexia!!! and then do it all over again without repeating the same carol. I was already thinking of the group caroling bit.

I think it would be hella-cool to have this script or some other that can actually coordinate a chorus of carolers.  That's getting a bit involved for an otherwise useless script (sorry, not useless exactly, but it doesn't craft anything... :p ) but it would be totally cool.  I'd love to be the one who posts on Stratics to claim that I was banned from OSI because I was caroling.  heh.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 07:33:16 AM »
Its not even NEAR X mas time and this script is still that cool that I would download it in February. Jingle on Man Jingle on!!!

Tags: