Author Topic: What free shard do you play?  (Read 14166 times)

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
What free shard do you play?
« on: September 08, 2018, 10:04:19 AM »
I have been looking at free shards, have tried a few and leaning towards Alexandria. What free shard do you play and why? What does it offer? Thanks for your input!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What free shard do you play?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 08:44:25 PM »
I play Alexandria,  it close to OSI server, script work, support is great not to said awesome :)   The players are friendly,   

I saw you at the bank today.....

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 05:28:27 AM »
Getting started is tough, doesn't seem to be any vendors selling anything. I checked Luna because that is always the obvious place but maybe they have a different shopping area?

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 07:00:04 AM »
I play UOAlive.

It has a very small population but it's updated to the latest OSI patch.

I always PvPd in UO, and now I'm just trying out PvM. I'm enjoying it so far.

It is rough not having vendors though. hah

Offline Trigs

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Trigs has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 09:32:45 AM »
I'm currently on Lost City

Not really close to OSI, but it's a fun shard with some unique stuff.... a small but dedicated player base that has seen some new faces around!

PM Triggers if anyone ends up playing :)

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 09:49:46 AM »

Not really close to OSI, but it's a fun shard with some unique stuff.... a small but dedicated player base that has seen some new faces around!

I looked this up and found the twitch stream. The bank area is impressive. hah.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 10:58:46 AM »

I tried to check it out but was totally unsuccessful. When creating a character, it keeps freezing up after choosing my skills and stats. I tried to create a forum account to see what was what but they are apparently using an old version of captcha and it no longer gives anything so I cannot create an account.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
captcha.jpg

Offline Trigs

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Trigs has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 06:39:08 AM »

I tried to check it out but was totally unsuccessful. When creating a character, it keeps freezing up after choosing my skills and stats. I tried to create a forum account to see what was what but they are apparently using an old version of captcha and it no longer gives anything so I cannot create an account.

Ah that's unfortunate. I'll poke the GMs if I see one on about the freezing issue.

Not sure about the captcha, the forums are fairly dead though!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 05:17:27 PM »

Ah that's unfortunate. I'll poke the GMs if I see one on about the freezing issue.

Not sure about the captcha, the forums are fairly dead though!

Yep, tried again tonight, I can log in and create a character but after choosing my skills, it freezes before going to the screen to choose where I start.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 01:42:10 AM »
Crisis what client are you using to create your char?
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 02:41:16 AM »
Mine is fully patched to OSI

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 03:19:17 AM »
But for a freeshard, you have to use a client to be able to log into that freeshard.  what client are you using?
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2018, 05:15:10 PM »
DOH! I am using Razor Enhanced. I have tried a few lately and have had no issues using razor enhanced.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 12:57:07 AM »
Some free shards have issues with certain clients and creating a char. It is all about how the char creation process occurs on the server.  So try a different freeshard client and see if that works.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 02:40:38 AM »
No such luck  :'(

I tried UOSteam, Razor Enhanced, and the original Razor and the same thing on all of them. They are all set to admin as well.

Tags: