Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 484905 times)

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #210 on: October 30, 2010, 01:47:55 PM »
oh.. here is some more info..
I only have the gargoyle ship availible but the new hold type for that is
since the hold is now in the back of the ship I have the hold position facing in the direction that the ship will move if you say forward.

holdNorthType QIXB
holdWestType IWYB
holdEastType ZYXB
holdSouthType MFYB

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2010, 03:36:42 PM »
Did I mention this is only for small boats?  I thought I did somewhere..... ;)

Quote from: Waaaay old post
; Requirements:
;     . SMALL boat in deep water
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:44:39 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2010, 04:12:49 PM »
ya I know... the new update only lets you set one boat out now... I'm gonna try my best to make this work on the new boats.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #213 on: October 30, 2010, 05:12:50 PM »
Remember that you are doing that for yourself. 

BTW, why not just continue to fish off of a small boat?  I'm doing it now and it still works.  I guess I don't understand the sudden need to fish off one of the new boats.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2010, 11:46:48 PM »
I have a lot of materials on board for the cannons, it would take forever to dump them off just to switch boats for a few hours in the night..
btw.. I think I got it working.... a few tweaks her and there...

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #215 on: October 31, 2010, 09:52:37 AM »
Can you not have 2 boats?  I'm still not sure why one can't just switch to the 2nd boat.  Sorry, I must be missing something here....
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 31, 2010, 10:21:05 AM »
Can you not have 2 boats?  I'm still not sure why one can't just switch to the 2nd boat.  Sorry, I must be missing something here....

I think just one boat(new) per account. You can still have many old ones.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #217 on: October 31, 2010, 10:24:41 AM »

I think just one boat(new) per account. You can still have many old ones.

That's my point.  You need to use the FaF, you whip out the little boat.  I dunno.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 31, 2010, 11:30:08 AM »
Is fishing all of a sudden Lucrative? Some guy was just shouting out in Global Chat on Europa buying MIBs 150k per! Think of all the MIBs I through away using the FaF!

Do I have to have the New High Sea Booster or can I still still pull in alot of good stuff at 100 Fishing Skill?

I've lost my Sea Legs I'm afraid but I'm considering venturing out again. Good Weather fairing. ;)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #219 on: October 31, 2010, 11:46:53 AM »
Kham, the reason for the little boat has to do with the unblocking navigation code.  Larger boats really mess with that code, so I decided a long time ago to just leave it dedicated to the little ones.  Also to a lesser extent the boat navigation when you head to the carcass to get the MIB.  There's specific geometry of the boat taken into account when you are doing that so you don't get the serpent stuck on your boat and enter an infinite "forward one" loop.

150K each MIB?  That's just stupid.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 31, 2010, 12:14:19 PM »
150k is low then? What's the going rate and how many MIBs can you fish up per hour on average?

Fishing is looking extremely lucrative! Am I wrong here or is everyone just being real quiet about it! 8)

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 01, 2010, 01:44:05 AM »
they changed it to one boat new or old per account.  my hold has over 10k stones in it it would be crazy for me to move everything out of the hold and dry dock. drop a new small boat... as of right now.. I've been fishing 24/7 with no problems except for filling up my bank with MIB ;)
I'll let you know if I run into any unblocking issues.. also with the new boats you can sail right over dead corpse so there is no problem getting right on top of them to loot and drop crap back into the corpse.  so I don't have to worry about my character being in a specific location every time he recalls back.

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 03, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »
Sorry Tm.. I will be the first to admit.. that I was wrong....
I thought I read that the High Sea's Booster pack only allowed one boat per account... Apparently unless its a bug... you are allowed to have 1 Boat per Character... so My fisher was able to place a small classic boat. though I did get your script running on the New Ship. ran it for 48 hours strait with no issues... only thing I would add is to store the new fish when you bank.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #223 on: November 03, 2010, 10:19:50 PM »
No worries, it's good to know there's a way to use the older boats since there was a fair amount of testing just to get the boat navigation working with a small one.  Granted, there just isn't the issues there once was with boat congestion, but the boat unblocking worked pretty well during those times.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 05, 2010, 10:48:05 AM »
I've been trying to make a Fisherman on Europa and have been having a hell of a time! Gains are very slow.

The biggest problem is my backpack is constantly reaching maximum capacity and I'm having to unload my backpack manually. I don't remember running into these issues prior. The fish don't stack and neither do the fish steaks. This all has to do with the recent  changes I take it...

Is there a work around for this or is everyone just tossing out the fish steaks? Is that the answer to my problems just trash all the fish?

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing