Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 484765 times)

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #585 on: August 21, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »
TM,
I found something for your next update, goat support.  It the third time that I fill up my backpack because the lack of sea Serpent.  Yes I'm in deep water.   A check for corpse or goat can be nice.   Just saying.

Huh? I would run this for 18 hours straight before with no problems at all. Just clear nets and maps from bank and let it keep running. Are you sure you weren't too close to a server line? I have had that happen before and serps won't spawn when you are too close to the lines.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 21, 2013, 03:28:30 PM »
 Been fishing in the same area for years and it was fine.  just started to happen few days ago   since like I fish all the serpent :)

TM
My pack was full of shoe ( 95 of them) since I didn't kill any sea serpent for more them 2h40.  I see the trash Enable.  not sure how to use use yet.    Still trying to understand those Inn/Bank/Donate rune boxes.   the whole left side options :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:40:39 PM by The Ghost »

Offline Black Widow

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Black Widow has no influence.
  • Well Hello there....Skippy
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 31, 2013, 11:47:10 AM »
Awesome Script 8) TM ...TY!!!
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder
One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw
And behold a white horse...
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him....

Offline Narcissusg

• Activity:
    0%
  • Narcissusg has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 09, 2013, 06:30:26 AM »
Many thanks for the script, as well as the site!

This was the script that led me to this site and I was hoping that would help me learn the basics of scripting so I could modift scripts and eventually learn to make my own.

I have failed.

I have scoured the script (and this thread) in an attempt to fix my issues, but haven't fixed a thing.

I can follow most of what the script is doing.  I don't understand it all, but thanks to his comments and just general referencing, I follow it fairly well.

My two problems:

1 I just can't get the setup file to save or load.  I've tried everything I could think of.  I changed the paths several times... to no avail.  This is a minor irritation, but something I can happily live with.

2 The program will not equip the fishing pole.  Not after a bank run, or after fighting.  No matter how the pole comes off, I have to put it back manually. This is my biggest issue and I searched and searched and read and read and stayed up crazy late... and I'm right back where I started.  I used TrailMyx's Info tool and made sure I had the right ID.  I start the script with and without the pole equipped.  Any and everything I could think of.  I'm stumped.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I am playing on abcuo (freeshard) and I wonder if there isn't a problem that I don't see because of that... ?

Even though I have to babysit it in it's current incarnation, this script is still amazing.  Works flawlessly other than the above and saves me TONS of time!

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #589 on: September 09, 2013, 08:14:34 AM »
What version of Windows are you using?  Can you tell me what era the ABC freeshard is?

Most later era freeshards and EA/OSI don't require the fishing pole to be equipped before you fish.  So you'll have to modify the script to equip your fishing pole on your particular shard.  Lemme know what the answers to the two questions are and we'll see if we can work through your problems.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:16:16 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Narcissusg

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 09, 2013, 12:52:56 PM »
Thanks!

First of all, I'm running windows 7.  I'm trying to find the 'era' that ABCUO runs on, but not having much luck so far (not surprising as I have no idea what an 'era' is... I quit playing around 14ish years ago).  I'm assuming that is based on what expansions it runs or...?  After several google searches and forum searches, I found zip.  Not sure if that is because I don't know what I'm looking for or something else.

As far as the newer eras not needing to equip the pole, that might explain why I was unable to find the exact place where it equipped the pole rather than just needing to identify it in your code.  :-[

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 09, 2013, 02:53:59 PM »

1 I just can't get the setup file to save or load.  I've tried everything I could think of.  I changed the paths several times... to no avail.  This is a minor irritation, but something I can happily live with.

Do you have the EUO client and the FAF script in the same folder? If so, if you are running Windows 7 or later you must run EUO as Admin for it to be able to save the setup file.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #592 on: September 09, 2013, 03:33:18 PM »
So when you fish by hand, can you just double-click your fishing pole in your pack, or do you actually have to drag it to your paperdoll in order to fish?

Check out what BW said about your save files, that's probably what's going on with your setup.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Narcissusg

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 09, 2013, 04:07:47 PM »
My save issue is solved.  :shame:

I actually thought I checked that and then tried it, but evidently I didn't.  Embarrrrrrrassssssing!

Yes, I have to equip the fishing pole.  A dbl-click informs me that I have to equip it first.

Is that enough info or do I still need to find out ABCUO's era?  If so, is there a command or something that I can use to tell me?

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 09, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »
Actually you can probably ask other players. What we mean by era is what expansion is your shard set in.

Here is a list of them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online

Or if available, what the "build" or "publish" your shard is.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #595 on: September 09, 2013, 05:55:22 PM »
Lemme look in my other fishing script; I might have a little sub that will equip the pole.  Makes a bit of a sense to check to see if you've dropped the pole from time to time.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Narcissusg

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 09, 2013, 06:07:40 PM »
Actually you can probably ask other players. What we mean by era is what expansion is your shard set in.

Hmmm. Well, on the homepage and in the 'Intro' section is the following:

"Up To Date - Rather than wait for someone to write updates and share them publicly, we program things ourselves to include the latest expansion content."

My understanding is that they have made quite a few changes and the fishing needing the pole might be one of them...

"Stability - ABCUO is now in its ninth year with a solid playerbase. This is a modern shard with the latest expansion content as well as refined custom content. We value high server uptime and bug-free code."

Not sure why they might have made that change as they are an unattended macro friendly server (one of the two main reasons I chose them).

Lemme look in my other fishing script; I might have a little sub that will equip the pole.  Makes a bit of a sense to check to see if you've dropped the pole from time to time.

I would greatly appreciate it!  Does it have many of the code explanations bracketed in?  I'm hoping it does as I'm not just trying to get good scripts, I'm trying to learn as I go.

Thanks so much for the help, guys... wish I had found you guys BEFORE I found ABCUO... I'd follow the love.  :P

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #597 on: September 09, 2013, 07:06:27 PM »
When you cast spells on your shard, does your spellbook automatically equip?  If so then part of equipping your fishing pole will be to de-equip the spellbook (or anything else for that matter)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #598 on: September 09, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »
This might cause more problems, but also might work.

Add this sub to the script at the end:

Code: [Select]
sub EquipFishingPole
  finditem XHF_KDF C_ , #CHARID
  if #FINDCNT = 0 ; must de-equip fishing pole
  {
    event macro 24 1 ; disarm weapon to setup - left
    wait 10
    event macro 24 2 ; disarm weapon to setup - right
    wait 10
    finditem XHF_KDF C_ , #BACKPACKID
    if #FINDCNT = 0
    {
      display ok I cannot locate your fishing pole - stopping script.
      stop
    }
    set #RHANDID #FINDID
    event macro 24 2
    wait 20
  }
return

and then around line 123 of the FaF, modify this:

Code: [Select]
  menu set EUOStatus Fishing...
  gosub RefreshBoat
  gosub EquipFishingPole ; <--  you just added this line to the main loop
  gosub FastFishup
  set %temp ( ( #SCNT - %loottime ) / 60 )
  if ( %temp > 15 ) || ( %nofish > 4 ) ; 15 minutes in a spot will cause advance forward

Note you just added one line to the main loop.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Narcissusg

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 09, 2013, 08:12:41 PM »
When you cast spells on your shard, does your spellbook automatically equip?  If so then part of equipping your fishing pole will be to de-equip the spellbook (or anything else for that matter)

Nope. Spellbooks never get equipped unless using them for mods like slayer.  No automation.

Just got back and will be adding that code in now.  I'll report back in just a few and let you know how it goes.  Thanks!

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing