Author Topic: TrailMyx's Next Generation File System (TM_NGFS)  (Read 60759 times)

Scrripty

Re: My new filesystem - first look
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2010, 05:50:26 PM »
Yea, and don't give up trying to figure it out, cause it's the first time TM has worked on it since I started using it! :)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2010, 08:54:40 PM »
Yea, and don't give up trying to figure it out, cause it's the first time TM has worked on it since I started using it! :)

Heh, it's been a while since I've had any inspiration.  So it's coming glacially.  It is helpful to see people playing with it.  I might release it soon after I get a bit more functionality put into the browser/manager.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 08:59:50 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2010, 05:05:08 AM »
So does that mean I have to get more people using the list and tab subs to get ngfs support for those too? :)  It actually doesn't look that hard to write a "wrapper" and I even started on one, I'll post it here and have you look at it. :)  I want to use the list subs so bad with ngfs. :)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2010, 06:05:49 AM »
LOL. I don't intend to. I'm WAY overdue for getting this upgrade out and I'll be damned if I'm going to use CEO's when I have TM's right here in front of me!!

Hopefully I'll have time at lunch to get this all updated and I'll test again tonight. Man I need an Internet connection at work that isn't through our corproate firewall!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2010, 07:27:09 AM »
I need to retrofit this into a few of my scripts.  Seems kinda odd that I'm not one of the consumers yet.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2010, 08:11:20 AM »
I need to retrofit this into a few of my scripts.  Seems kinda odd that I'm not one of the consumers yet.  ;)
LOL - "don't get high on your own supply"?

;)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2010, 08:36:37 AM »
It's kinda funny really.  This is one of those utilities I've had rattling around in my head for a long time now.  After the first file system, I knew it was technically feasible, but I knew it was going to be a pain in the butt to implement.  Thankfully, it was more of a basic revision of the original FS.  I'm a big fan of flat-files for storage of data so I've never been a big fan of the registry method.  Once I create an import/export set of functions from/to the two file systems, I think it'll be ready to ship.  I'll just add those features to the browser/manager.

I'm not sure how this compares with CEOs since I've never used his before.  I never even used his railing either; I just looked at his rail format when I made the converter that converts from CEO to TM_RAIL.  I'm still pretty xenophobic when it comes to scripts.

Anyhow, hope you get it working.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2010, 08:47:13 AM »
Seriously, the only thing holding me back from doing something completely outrageous with the list subs is the saving to file portion.  Saving to registry will give the list subs a speed edge and allow on the fly loading and saving of list variables that is second to none... at least none I've seen.  It would allow saving of huge amounts of list data fairly quickly, making them usefull for a WHOLE lot of things I have rattling around in my head... :)  Not to mention temporary saving of list data while working on things, then saving to file... also, would be nice to have some sort of unencrypted saving to file.  Or how about, import file to registry?  Then we could save data for export to other chars, or upload here for others to use?  I could do FULL dungeon monster lists, then save them to file, upload here, and import directly into scripts.  Things of that nature. :)  I could even use them to save data on the fly as I'm doing rails, so you don't have to do a 20k variable save at the end of recording a rail.  I could implement them in things like the new plant tending script, and have it list ALL plant data... and imagine having the plant script save data on each plant, and load it up on tending so you can track day to day plant issues, and keep detailed stats on EACH PLANT. :)  Where when you load up a plant for tending, it displays THAT PLANTS exact day to day info in another list... heh

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2010, 09:15:15 AM »
Well I'm working on the set of routines that will be 100% compatible with the existing FS, but just stubs.  So you just yank out the old FS, and add in the hooks for the NGFS.  Should be pretty transparent; you might have to change the file name to a "script name" but that's about it.

And yes, the import/export is something that's coming.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2010, 09:23:34 AM »
Thank you sir.  Then I'll go back to waiting patiently. :)  And see about finding more uses for the list subs.  Cause they are the *bleep*.  I'm so going to track some serious data with them when they are ngfs compatible. 

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2010, 06:41:21 AM »
Ok, got everything updated with the new version (thanks for the usage notes in each sub BTW). So let's make sure I'm using correctly, I can't test until later unfortunately but here goes:

Code: [Select]
sub Setup
   ;First, see if the script has been used with this char before
   gosub TM_NGFS_DoesSaveExist XIIxMining
   If #RESULT ;If it has been used before we give the user a chance to keep the settings
      {
    display yesno It looks like you've used this script before. Would you like to use the settings saved from your last session?
    if #dispres = yes
       {
         gosub TM_NGFS_InitializeScript XIIxMining   ;If yes then initialize and load the existing variables, exit Setup
     gosub TM_NGFS_LoadVariables XIIxMining
     gosub LoadSavedSettings
       return
       }
      if #dispres = no
         gosub TM_NGFS_DeleteName XIIxMining ;If not then clear the XIIxMining "script" and move on through the remaining setup routine
    }

gosub TM_NGFS_InitializeScript XIIxMining
   gosub TM_NGFS_RegisterVariables XIIxMining std std RunebookID SecureID OreBagID StoneBagID BlkRkBadID ToTinker TravelMethod ToBank YesMine NoMine

gosub Display_M_Setup

-----<do a bunch of configuration stuff modifying the variables added abov>-----

gosub TM_NGFS_SaveVariables XIIxMining
   gosub Display_M_Tracking
Return

Does that look right?

Thanks.

X

Scrripty

« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2010, 07:13:01 AM »
DeleteName?  Sweet. :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2010, 07:40:57 AM »
DeleteName?  Sweet. :)

12X, you will be the tester of the DeleteName sub.  I don't think I've tested that one yet.  I just tested the forced delete.

However, since your save set won't be very dynamic, you don't even need to delete it. 

Looks good otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:42:34 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2010, 08:01:42 AM »
12X, you will be the tester of the DeleteName sub.
Woot! Look at me at the bleeding edge!

However, since your save set won't be very dynamic, you don't even need to delete it. 
I actually did think about this. Technically you are correct since the logic of the sub is to go reset all of the values anyhow. I just thought it would be cleaner if I cleared it first then repopulated it with the same vars/new values afterward.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to testing this tonight! Hopefully I can finally get this feature checked off my list.

X

Scrripty

« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2010, 08:06:26 AM »
You're welcome. :) heh