Author Topic: TrailMyx's Next Generation File System (TM_NGFS)  (Read 60833 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: My new filesystem - first look
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2010, 08:42:02 AM »
You're welcome. :) heh
Heh, well you were the guinea pig for the rest, so thanks!  Here's some lettuce.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2010, 08:43:19 AM »
Insure all your items.... you'll be nekid soon.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2010, 06:58:15 AM »
12X, you will be the tester of the DeleteName sub.
[/quote]
No dice but I'm not done making sure that I'm using everything correctly. I'm having some other save variable issues as well.

I'll post more as I figure out something valid LOL.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2010, 08:49:50 AM »
That's ok, i'll be playing with it a bit more this weekend.  Playing with the fisherman again has given me a bit of encouragement.  I've got the urge to work a bit more on my SOS farmer.

But post up some code; the last bit was pretty obvious to me what was up.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2010, 09:35:26 AM »
But post up some code; the last bit was pretty obvious to me what was up.
Sure thing!

Pretty straightforward and not really any different than what I posted last time so maybe it will indeed be quickly obvious!

Here is the Setup sub. I snipped the section where all of the variables get set as that is not the problem and makes for a long copy+paste!

Code: [Select]
sub Setup
   gosub TM_NGFS_DoesSaveExist XIIxMining
   If #RESULT
      {
    display yesno It looks like you've used this script before. Would you like to use the settings saved from your last session?
    if #dispres = yes
       {
         gosub TM_NGFS_InitializeScript XIIxMining
     gosub TM_NGFS_LoadVariables XIIxMining
     gosub LoadSavedSettings
       return
       }
      if #dispres = no
         gosub TM_NGFS_DeleteName XIIxMining
    }

gosub TM_NGFS_InitializeScript XIIxMining
   gosub TM_NGFS_RegisterVariables XIIxMining std std RunebookID SecureID OreBagID StoneBagID BlkRkBadID JewelBagID ToTinker ToBank TravelMethod SecureGmpName SecureGmpSize

gosub Display_M_Setup

;-----snipped a bunch of variable setting code here-----

gosub TM_NGFS_SaveVariables XIIxMining
   gosub Display_M_Tracking
Return

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2010, 09:40:02 AM »
And what is it not doing?  

And one thing right off the bat....  In your instance of using the Delete, you really don't even need to do that.  Since you are reinitializing right after that, you are pretty much deleting anyhow.   The delete is meant more for overall filesystem management, and not for the user.  I was actually going to divide up the subs to "user" routines and "admin" routines.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:44:45 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2010, 10:11:02 AM »
And what is it not doing?  

And one thing right off the bat....  In your instance of using the Delete, you really don't even need to do that.  Since you are reinitializing right after that, you are pretty much deleting anyhow.   The delete is meant more for overall filesystem management, and not for the user.  I was actually going to divide up the subs to "user" routines and "admin" routines.
I want to delete because I don't want any residual values left in the "script".

This morning before I left for work the Delete line seemed to do nothing (the Script reg key remained fully in tact). Also, there are values that I'm setting on the fly withint the setup routine that didn't seem to get saved (were still set to N/A) but this is the one I still need to mess with further to make sure it's not a logic issue on my part.

Unfortunately I'm at work so I have no access to test.

X

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2010, 10:24:25 AM »
Ok, I'll look at it this evening.  I think the snippet you posted should be enough.

The thing about residual values is if your save set isn't dynamic (i.e. varies in size), then every time you save, you will wipe out the previous set which is kinda like deleting.  The Delete routine is useful for a dynamic set of data that might change size and must range accordingly.  But it seems you are implying that you are operating in a more dynamic regime.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2010, 10:56:12 AM »
I'll get around to testing the delete functions on the waypoint farmer.  I'll use it when deleting a rail from the list.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2010, 11:13:56 AM »
Ok, I'll look at it this evening.  I think the snippet you posted should be enough.

The thing about residual values is if your save set isn't dynamic (i.e. varies in size), then every time you save, you will wipe out the previous set which is kinda like deleting.  The Delete routine is useful for a dynamic set of data that might change size and must range accordingly.  But it seems you are implying that you are operating in a more dynamic regime.
Hmmm good point, I suppose a "Reset Settings" sub would be appropriate instead. Was just hoping for a nice, easy reset with the NGFS subs.

X

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2010, 11:15:43 AM »
I suppose you could just initialize again.  That clears the list of things tracked.  I haven't used this enough to find all the pitfalls that might be lurking out there.  Twinkle McNugget has much more experience with it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2010, 12:07:08 PM »
Honestly I had no problems at all with the stuff I have used this for and if you saw all the rails Ive saved and loaded with it... Ive put it through its paces with no problems at all.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2010, 12:09:12 PM »
Honestly I had no problems at all with the stuff I have used this for and if you saw all the rails Ive saved and loaded with it... Ive put it through its paces with no problems at all.

Are you using the latest subs, Twinkle McNugget?  I don't think I changed anything having to do with the core routines however.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2010, 12:11:47 PM »
:-X

Scrripty

« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2010, 12:49:37 PM »
I'm not using the new subs.  But load up the waypoint farmer, run around while recording a 1000 point rail.  That's 3000 variables.  Save it, then restart the script and load it.  Should work perfectly.  Plus it's tied in with the list subs too.