Author Topic: Short Intro  (Read 900 times)

Offline JhinnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jhinn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Short Intro
« on: June 13, 2020, 05:07:59 AM »
Hi all, I'll start with a little about myself.

UO was my first MMO, I started around the summer of 2000 on the Great Lakes server. I was in tech school for the US Navy at the time and one of my instructors introduced me to the game. I mained a Tamer/Mage, but had several other characters including a dedicated crafter. I played nonstop until about 2004 when I hopped on the WOW train. I continued to play both games spending more and more time on WOW and less in UO. I probably stopped sometime around 2006. I've dabbled a few times on the official servers and tried a couple free ones.

Fast-forward a few years and I'm currently a happily married father of 4 girls with a full and partime job so have very little time for gaming, which UO is perfect for since it can be pretty laid back. It's fun to see the looks on my daughters faces when they see me play UO graphics wise compared to some of the games they have. I just try to explain how sometimes gameplay > looks, and there is nothing like your first MMO love.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Short Intro
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 06:37:52 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Short Intro
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 06:55:02 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: