Author Topic: Pirate Banner...How cool is this!?  (Read 4095 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Pirate Banner...How cool is this!?
« on: February 12, 2011, 12:26:25 PM »
I'm still not 100% certain as to how it was created. The first two times looking at it I was fooled and thought it was actually an option via the 2nd Year Banner and that somehow I had missed it. I scrolled through the Banner on two occasions looking for this bad boy. I should have known better as it was the first time I came across and Skull and Cross Bones Banner.

We got some very creative players out there,  maybe some of you folks have run across something like this before but I got a kick out of it and think it's pretty darn cool. I know I want a few. I just need to figure out what the player did with the 2nd Year Banner to make it all Black.

Anyone know how it's done?

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Banner...How cool is this!?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 12:46:02 PM »
i think you can dye the banners, but not sure

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kane12 has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 02:17:31 PM »
The picture I see cuts off the banner portion so I can see it. I have done this before with banners though....can dye the whole thing black and add the skull and bones (raising to fill the area of the banner. I have done this also with metal gloves (facing both directions) that are made to be holding hands as in like a friendship or a sign of unity.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »
Forget about that...what's that rug?!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 03:50:14 PM »
on a side note, why does it say danger in the top left under the health bar lol

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 03:55:09 PM »
Forget about that...what's that rug?!

The rug is one of the new 10th year vet rewards.  You can choose between the skull and cross bones, the dolphin, and the rose rug.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 05:52:40 PM »
The picture I see cuts off the banner portion so I can see it. I have done this before with banners though....can dye the whole thing black and add the skull and bones (raising to fill the area of the banner. I have done this also with metal gloves (facing both directions) that are made to be holding hands as in like a friendship or a sign of unity.

There are 2 sets of scroll bars find the first right under the bottom of the picture

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »
on a side note, why does it say danger in the top left under the health bar lol

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 07:44:02 PM »

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 08:40:48 PM »
Woah, woah woah......SOMEBODY PLAYS THE ENHANCED CLIENT?!?!? Hehe...God it looks hideous! I really don't understand how you can tolerate it!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 11:07:33 PM »
Woah, woah woah......SOMEBODY PLAYS THE ENHANCED CLIENT?!?!? Hehe...God it looks hideous! I really don't understand how you can tolerate it!

Heh, don't get Ultima started on that darn client.  I still can only move around in it for 5 minutes before disgust breaks out....
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 06:24:21 AM »
But you realize that it is a perfect front end for running Lua. I will bet that some of the scripts running right now are using the enhanced client and scripts written in Lua.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 06:56:30 AM »
But you realize that it is a perfect front end for running Lua. I will bet that some of the scripts running right now are using the enhanced client and scripts written in Lua.

O.o. Do tell us more...

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 06:36:58 PM »
Black dye tub.  Hardest part is finding the correct two bones that cross each other.  There is a house at Napa yew gate which has this using a oaks skull for the third bone.  You have to secure the banner to raise it and then its just locking the bones down in the correct order, raising them and dying the banner after.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Tags: