Author Topic: Event property = Nothing Glitch  (Read 2768 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Event property = Nothing Glitch
« on: December 17, 2009, 07:58:25 PM »
I think I read someone asking about this at one point, where Event property Doesn't return Anything because the client hasn't sent the information over. Actually there is A Really EASY way to check this

set %Nothing ; literally set it to nothing :)
event property #Findid
if #Property = %Nothing
{
uhh..... Loop or something
}
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline gen2000

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gen2000 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
Re: Event property = Nothing Glitch
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 08:04:35 PM »
I thought #property = $ when there wasn't a property..

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 09:01:33 PM »
Does it? I always just figured it = Nothing since there isn't another line for it to get the property for?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 09:28:18 PM »
Ah, Yes it does = $ Just saw it in my script.

I just couldn't See it in my menu since $ in a menu equals a new Line. BOoyah!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 01:23:11 PM »
Sometimes it'll do $, sometimes it'll do Leather Gorget$ but not show the remaining mods.  It's a major PITA.  I usually make my script use a sub to handle event property.  Do a STR COUNT on $, if it's less than 2, redo it.  I'm pretty sure all items in the game have more than one line in the property window except a select few.  Have the sub support the ability to take the minimum amount of lines to look for if needed so it'll be in the %1 or %2 value depending on how you set it up.

Code: [Select]
Gosub GetProperty #FindID 3

Sub GetProperty
;%1 = ID of item
;%2 = Minimum number of lines in item property
   str count %1 $
   while #strres < %2
      {
      wait 1
      str count %1 $
      }
return

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 06:26:38 PM »
Thank you for this little bit of info OMGBurger.  This is something i had been playing with some time ago and glad to see a solution to this.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 07:27:50 PM »
You would think that You would have to do Event property again and again before easyuo would realize the Property changed.....
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Tags: