Author Topic: PvP and Reflect Physical Damage Question...  (Read 3295 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
PvP and Reflect Physical Damage Question...
« on: August 21, 2010, 12:38:03 PM »
If you have a 100% Non-Physical Damage weapon (100% Cold,Fire,Poison, Energy) will that avoid the Reflect Physical Damage Property against an opponent in PvP? Or does Reflect Physical Damage...reflect...all melee damage?

If an elemental damage weapon does circumvent Reflect Physical Damage Property how valuable or pivotal would it be in a PvP battle?

Thoughts and feedback appreciated.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: PvP and Reflect Physical Damage Question...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 12:57:54 PM »
Reflect Physical Dmg is exactly that.. so YES a 100% elemental Dmg weapon would completely avoid RPD....  As to how important that is in PvP I'd say not Very.....   Mostly bc RPD suits aren't that common...  Any Archer at the very least simply equips the right Quiver and is suddenly not effectd by RPD etc.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 12:59:13 PM »
Physical damage is reflected... so hits that go against your physical damage will be reflected.

Consecrate would be a bad idea to do against a reflect char.

If someone doesn't know, then corpse skin and a high reflect suit can have people kill themselves.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 09:37:15 AM »
Reflect Physical Dmg is exactly that.. so YES a 100% elemental Dmg weapon would completely avoid RPD....  As to how important that is in PvP I'd say not Very.....   Mostly bc RPD suits aren't that common...  Any Archer at the very least simply equips the right Quiver and is suddenly not effectd by RPD etc.

You'd be amazed at how many archers do not understand quiver damage conversion.

Most archers wouldn't take their rangers cloak of augmentation off. They'd just be like "wow, my life is getting low".

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 10:01:30 AM »
You'd be amazed at how many archers do not understand quiver damage conversion.
Yea... No Doubt your right.  I just can't standing building a PvP template/suit & knowing there's a huge hole in it.  I assume that the people I fight are at least as smart as I am, which means I'm giving certain people WAAAAY to much credit lol.  It's annoying not using certain things to your advantage simply bc you can't imagine someone being stupid enough to fall for it & then being wrong heh.  I mean I would assume it's totally obvious that in a group fight using a Quiver that's elemental dmg is the way to go as long as you can assume your opponent is cursed (70 phys vs 60 elementals) but I rarely see Archers that do..

Tags: