Author Topic: UOAutoMap  (Read 7499 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
UOAutoMap
« on: October 21, 2010, 10:37:13 AM »
Here's a way of getting it working with all the new stuff in it.

Make sure your uoam version is 8.3beta.

go to this site Lazybones Software - UOAMAssist - LINK
and download uoamassist 0.3b3
Extract the zip file
Locate the file UOAM830_SA_Patch.EXE
Copy to the same directory of uoam.exe
Double click to apply the patch.

start uo and uoam, login and recall to Ter Mur...map should be there.

No idea if it works.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: UOAutoMap
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 11:25:54 AM »
And you would want to use UOAM vs UOCartographer why???
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »
Some people like it better... maybe have vast user libraries of marked locations.

At one time, prior to the changing wood/ore spawns, I had the entire Destard Mountain mapped for ore, including the dungeon. Every mining spot had the correct color of ore that spawned there.

I also had every LJ spot from the Maze, south to the Mountain marked for wood types.

I'd guess there are some free shards that don't rotate resource spawn.... this might benefit them.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 11:54:20 AM »
True true! I concede your point!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 12:34:08 PM »
Locate the file UOAM830_SA_Patch.EXE
Copy to the same directory of uoam.exe

Where does one get the UOAM Beta and also the UOAM you speak of?  I had links to the older versions of UOAM but they don't work anymore.

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline gen2000

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gen2000 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 01:07:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure UOAM map files work with UOCartographer.

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 04:05:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure UOAM map files work with UOCartographer.

I'm 100 percent sure they do.  You just put them in cartographer's directory.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 05:40:01 PM »
Oh well in that case I unconcede my point!

Offline draxxter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • draxxter has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 11:08:27 PM »
Yep UOC works with .map files, use some myself. You just put the files in UOC install directory :)

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 01:13:23 AM »
I tested out the patch, and yes it 90% true....
when I recalled to the entrance of SA I was standing in the middle of water, but as soon as I entered the entrance the new map popped up.. so there must be a new Trammel Map was well? I duno.. but the patch does work :)
what I'd like to see a fix for is the map updating while your ship is moving... as of now the only way to update the map is to turn your boat, or recall onto your boat.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 11:28:05 AM »
what I'd like to see a fix for is the map updating while your ship is moving... as of now the only way to update the map is to turn your boat, or recall onto your boat.
It is a little annoying that the map does not update on the water as well as it does on the land.  It would be nice if it did update while on the water.  While doing thr Fishing and Pirate bounty Quests, it would be a big help!

Would someone please tell me where I get the new UO Automap and related files?  Would be nice to have an alternative map as UOC does not seem to be updating as fast as it should.  I would like to see the Sea Market on the Map.   The only way to truly know where it is located is by sextant, by a player made World Map, or by accident.

ORACLE

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 01:49:20 PM »
the sea market is on both UOC and UOAM maps.. reload the maps in UOC.. open options and click Rebuild. the problem is UOC and UOAM both use UOA so MAP updating is a UOA issue not UOC or UOAM... correct me if i'm wrong :)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 09:31:17 AM »
I dont believe so but i may be mistaken. Also you dont have to use UOA you can use razor with UOC.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 12:36:27 PM »
the sea market is on both UOC and UOAM maps.. reload the maps in UOC.. open options and click Rebuild. the problem is UOC and UOAM both use UOA so MAP updating is a UOA issue not UOC or UOAM... correct me if i'm wrong :)

You are correct.  Tugsoft updated UO Assist.  UOAssist now tracks your characters' position correctly on boats.  So much better now that I can see where my boat/ship actually is.  I use to make that move that is referred to in the movie "Hunt for Red October", a 'Crazy Ivan' to actually see where my boat was.  Now thanks to UOA, I don't have to make those Crazy Ivans anymore...!

ORACLE

Tags: