Author Topic: A tale of Osiredon....  (Read 5219 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
A tale of Osiredon....
« on: March 14, 2011, 10:25:18 PM »
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:27:14 PM by Ultima »

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: A tale of Osiredon....
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 01:23:52 AM »
nice catch! though I'm quiet jealous.. I've tossed over 500 nets over the period of a few weeks before obsidian was introduced trying to get the Sea Horse.  though I have gotten 2 Ghost Anchors....

here Comes the Train!

May I as what your method to kill Obsidian was?

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 03:44:37 AM »
A friend of mine and I do it with 2 throwers, 1 discorder, and 1 mystic healer. Takes us about 20-30 min but i will say we have not had any luck these past 2 weeks with drops. We've done a total of 9 scalis's and over 40 medusa's and 8 corgal's and have not gotten anything of value. (but hey if your looking for a stone dragons tooth ive gotten plenty of them)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 07:41:30 AM »
To Ultima - 4 people or did you run all the accounts yourself? About how long per battle? On ships?

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 07:08:44 PM »
Splendid, old chap.  Simply splendid that you've gotten me my Bracers.  I bet you jumped and celebrated when you got that soulforge!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:11:33 PM by NObama »

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 07:16:36 PM »
nice catch! though I'm quiet jealous.. I've tossed over 500 nets over the period of a few weeks before obsidian was introduced trying to get the Sea Horse.  though I have gotten 2 Ghost Anchors....

here Comes the Train!

May I ask what your method to kill Osiredon was?

One Thrower (Wraith Form) with using Armor Ignore on a Soul Glaive. 3 Spellweavers (1 Mystic Healer, 1 Discordance, 1 Standby). All that is really needed is 2 characters. The 3rd and 4th accounts are really only there for the purpose of maximizing the chance at a drop. If anything the multiple accounts are a nuisance in that they add to the amount of time because I have to make sure all the accounts do enough damage to qualify as an attacker.

There is a thread on stratics in the Warrior's Forum where you can enlist the service of the Brittanian Militia in your fight against Osiredon. It's not necessary but I'm not going to lie to you and tell you it doesn't make things easier. As long as you have solid healing you can Momentum Strike your way through the Parasitic Eels and you'll be fine without the help of the guards. I also think having Swordsman ship over Anatomy and switching to a WhirilWind Weapon would work when Osiredon tosses Eels. It may slow down the process a bit but I believe it would work in alleviating the annoying eels.

Also keep you eye out for the occasional Blood Oath.

To Ultima - 4 people or did you run all the accounts yourself? About how long per battle? On ships?

I ran all 4 accounts on the EC Client. I really wish there was a solid healing script available that I could have used in tandem with the EC Client. Ultimately the EC Client actually proved quite useful in one of it's command options that allows for repeated use of events. You can actually create a macro to pre-select a target and store it. It's quite handy and imagine it would have some decent use for anyone that PvP's in the EC.  The heal macro was set up to target  a specific character (Wraith Thrower) and cast 10 consecutive heals on him. So I just had to toggle in between clients every so often. It was pretty easy actually and I couldn't have done it without the EC! ;)

20-25 Minutes per battle I would estimate. No ships involved.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 07:30:18 PM »
nice thanks!

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 12:32:13 AM »
Splendid, old chap.  Simply splendid that you've gotten me my Bracers.  I bet you jumped and celebrated when you got that soulforge!

Once my Britannian Ship arrives into port you can have my Leviathan Hide Bracers. The soulforge made it all worthwhile... had I not received one I would be very disgruntled about the entire expedition.

I feel I got very lucky with the Seahorse Statuette and the Ghost Ship Anchor.

Gimlet I did lie about the ships. I did use some during the course of the battle with Osiredon to lock him in. Once I got him low he would run away from the shoreline and it would eat into the time. I got frustrated so I decided to start blocking him in which made the entire process much easier:

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 12:40:11 AM by Ultima »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 07:41:55 AM »
Neat!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 12:56:32 AM »
Great Idea I'm gonna have to try that...

Offline retnuh

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • retnuh has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 02:05:05 AM »
finally got a field of blades after my 6th or 7th corgul was pretty stoked

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »
this year I have tossed about 50-60 nets pulling up so far 9 or 10 scalis's... Using Two Mage Bards, we Provoke the Turkey's Onto Scalis, and so far we haven't pulled up special item from him yet ;(

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »
this year I have tossed about 50-60 nets pulling up so far 9 or 10 scalis's... Using Two Mage Bards, we Provoke the Turkey's Onto Scalis, and so far we haven't pulled up special item from him yet ;(

You need to make sure they're both qualifying as a top attacker. I think if you use one bard to provoke a Turkey and then use another bard provoking on that same turkey the 2nd bard will override the first and get damage rights. Of course this is just conjecture on my part and there is no way of knowing. I would make sure each bard is provoking it's own separate turkey.

Throw Spellweaving on your template and get a level 6 focus so when Osiredon hits 30% you can start dealing out large damage guaranteeing you get rights to the corpse and a shot at a 'special drop' in your pack.

I once tossed 28 Nets without Osiredon spawning.That pissed me off! Right now I have 6 Coral Bracelets and 3 Soulforges that I can't sell. No one is buying the items particulary the bracelet thanks to the introduction of the Shame items. Granted I could lower my prices but the amount of labor and work involved in getting the items people just don't realize.

First you have to get the ASOS, then you have to fish up the nets, Then to you toss the Net and pray Osiredon spawns, then when he spawns you pray for a drop. Usually one in 5 Osiredons I would get a drop but that is using 4 accounts.

I bring all 4 of my accounts when farming Osiredon to maximize my chances. Everyone who does enough damage and is able to open the corpse is eligible for a 'special item' drop.

Hang in there I've had lots of bad runs where I wanted to smash my keyboard and bang my head against the wall. Patience and fortitude and you will prevail.

All Glory to the FAFer! 8)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:54:52 PM by Ultima »

Tags: