Author Topic: Stacking Rugs, how do you do it?  (Read 2556 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Stacking Rugs, how do you do it?
« on: January 26, 2016, 01:03:44 AM »
I have a lot of skull rugs, too many in fact, and don't want to spread them around my house but they aren't stackable by default. They are also awkward to stack using the goza mat trick because they take up a 3x5 area and so the center 3 tiles can't be reached to move the goza mats.

I left them locked down as deeds thinking they would get 1 map per week but, sadly, that didn't happen so I guess they need to be active on the floor, unless someone has found a way to get them to generate maps in deed form?

I did manage to stack a couple but found that moving the goza mat makes the pieces of rug fall on top of each other where they occupy one tile. Trying to move the rug pieces after that results in a cannot move message, even though one rug is clearly broken, because the pieces act as being part of one rug. To save the broken rug you have to lower all parts onto the first rug so that they act as one rug and then you can axe it twice to get both rugs back. That sounds weird but, yeah, the game treats them as one rug when stacked like that.

I'd like to stack 8-9 rugs in a pile, do you know of a way to do that without the pieces falling to become stuck as one item?

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
Re: Stacking Rugs, how do you do it?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 03:01:40 PM »
I am not sure but maybe put down gozas and then raise the gozas or try placing one on raised gozas?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 11:08:09 PM »
Yeah that works and you can place it where you want BUT... You can even place a second one if you don't move it(ie try to break it to move it up or down) but you can't do a 3rd that way because the piece from the 3rd one will fall onto the one below when you move the goza. When that happens it becomes part of the one below and cannot be moved making it pointless if you want to be able to click individual carpets.

I have two solutions, neither one is ideal.

#1 - Place a carpet and then a full layer of gozas(x15 square goza) and then place another rug then another layer of gozas etc. At the end you can chop the visible gozas but some will be stuck between layers. Doing this doesn't make any goza piece fall so they do stack, even if there is an empty layer between each.

#2 - Place a layer of Goza's 3 tiles from the ground, put a rug on it and make it fall by moving one of the pieces. Then lower all pieces to the ground(will have to raise all gozas to see all rug pieces) so that they merge into one rug with that first piece that fell(and got stuck). You can put as many rugs as you want on that one tile but they are all stuck together if you do, cannot be moved. You can't click on individual rugs to get maps that way, a script is required and you had better remembered to write down each rugs ID number in advance. They all show up as one rug using CTRL+shift.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 02:22:14 PM »
Solution found and it's /facepalm simple  :-\

Place the 5x3 square goza area down, raise each goza square 1 space from the ground, and put the rug on top. The rug falls underneath the goza's onto the ground. Move the goza's up one tile and put another rug on them, it falls down on top(above) the 1st rug. Rinse and repeat until you have a stack as high as is allowed.

Minor problem, when rugs are stacked like this you can't walk over them anymore, they block. One solution is to place them on a 2nd floor with a ladder leading up to that floor right next to the stack. When you climb the ladder you pop up on top of the rugs.

No chopping required at least.

Tags: