Author Topic: Greetings I am Wayfollower  (Read 1402 times)

Offline WayfollowerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Wayfollower has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings I am Wayfollower
« on: July 15, 2017, 01:05:53 PM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Morning UO!  How you all doing?  If you get that movie reference, damn your old.  LOL   But hey, so am I.  Started playing this game called Ultima back in the days of green screen computers.  Yeah,  I'm really that old.  8)  Even got my first PC from Gateway.  You know the black and white cow colored packaging.  Got my trusty high speed dialup connection going and eventually discover that Ultima went online.   Wow!  Got a copy,  sadly it had been up and running for a couple of years before I discovered it, went online and played for years and years.  Even met my current wife playing UO.  Damn, a fellow gamer as a wife.  Woohoo. 

Formed a short lived guild in the early days called the Dawn Patrol.  Ran around patroling the highways and byways, helping out players here and there.  Good times but hard to coordinate things with only chat window as a means of communication.  So the guild eventually split up.  Bummed around for awhile exploring dungeons and the world, reading Iamanewbie cartoons and ALWAYS looking for a place to put a house.  Made Grandmaster Archer on my Wayfollower character and Grandmaster Miner and Blacksmith on my old Pete character.  Skill gains back then were hard to come by.  Just started my Mage, Lampwick, when the great land rush of Malas happened.  Got my copy and loaded it up and was ready to roll.  Just as I was ready to go claim a nice spot for a house,  my monitor crapped out on me.  I screamed and cursed, pulled out what little hair my first wife left me in the divorce, and railed at the gods for this injustice.  A couple of days later I was back online and houses were everywhere.   :'(  Eventually, was able to place a modest home.

With a new land to explore I tried my hand at forming a guild again.  The Band of the Hand.  One of the first recruits was eventually to become my current wife.  We focused on helping new players getting established.  But, most wanted to get involved in PVP or role playing,  those didn't really appeal to my at the time.  And we all departed for different facets of the game.  Eventually a friend talked me and the not yet wife into joining the second incarnation of the guild Reborn.  The first incarnation was one of the orginal auction guilds on Great Lakes where I have always been.  Thought it would be interesting and we joined.  Guess what.  It was a PVP guild.  LOL  I said what the hell and gave it a try.  I sucked at it.  lol  Everyone was into mages and necros at that time and here I was an Archer.  No one wanted to go along with the idea I had about how two or three archers with armor ignore could kill anyone.  Everyone was all about the spells.  Well my hands are just not fast enough to fight that way.  So I became a finisher.  You hurt'em and I would finish them off with an armor ignore.  I rose in the ranks of the guild and hosted a few in game events and such.  Was one of the top guys for awhile, until the guild leader took some time off to handle things in his real world business.  Then some more time.  Then more.  This went on for a year with not a word from him for the last four months.  I was the defacto head by then since most the top guys gave up on him and left.  I called for a vote for a new leader,  excluding myself since it was my idea, and set a date for the vote to happen.  We did try to contact the guild leader by phone and email but never got a reply.  I had to go visit folks in Penn. for the girlfriend and spent half a day running around the hinderlands of Penn. with a laptop to find free wifi connection so I could cast my vote.  Found it and voted.  Got back home to find I was kicked from the guild by the new leader as a troublemaker.  LOL  Well more than a few left the guild in protest and we formed the Guild Nightbirds.  And got back to playing.  Doing champs and peerless.  Fun.

Never really recruited for Nightbirds and eventually we all drifted apart as life took us one direction or another.  Was about burned out and just lost my job so things like UO and cable went bye bye for awhile.  Got married to the gamer girl, woman neither of us were ever spring chickens, and found a new passion for awhile.  Then I got the itch.  I shamefully admit it had been years since I played UO.  Decided to give it ago again.   That was two months ago.  Things have .... changed.  Not nearly as many people playing now.  Hell,  I remember when you could not chat near a bank for all the spammers selling *bleep*.  Now hardly see anyone around Brit bank anymore.  But, the game is still here and I would like to finish my characters completely before they close the doors on the place.

So that's my story.  My introduction.  Used scripts before and found them so very useful.  Though I have no skill in making them,  I do appreciate the efforts others put into making them.  Makes the tedious easy and gives you what you need to play the game.  Thanks for listening.  Wayfollower out.  ::)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings I am Wayfollower
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 01:30:58 PM »

Thanks for your excellent introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 03:25:15 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Great intro, it was a very interesting read.  ;D

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 11:52:44 PM »
WELCOME BACK...! That's one of the longest intros I have ever read on here.  I too, have returned after a brief sabbatical...!   

:laugh:

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline WayfollowerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Wayfollower has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 10:25:52 PM »
Well he did say put some effort into it.   :angel:

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 05:05:15 AM »
Thanks a million for the awesome intro.  Sounds like you got a good gamer girl.  The gamer girl I tried to take home to mamma turned into a stalker psycho.  Lol.  This was a great read and a wonderful example of a stellar intro.  Thanks for taking the time to share your story!  Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: