Author Topic: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer  (Read 156425 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2010, 12:35:44 PM »
Sorry, I read all the pages guess i missed that tidbit. No biggie really was just asking. Thanks for the responce.

LOL... It is okay but it is in the first paragraph of the post you download from explaining the script.  no worries

Offline Magier

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Magier has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2010, 06:14:22 AM »
everything on this runs perfect for me unless i pause and move the boat in any way then i have to reset the script,  it seems to lose the placement of the traps and trys to put them in the original spot that it setup when i started the thing.

has anyone else had this issue?
Drop out, all the cool kids are doing it.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2010, 06:18:02 AM »
everything on this runs perfect for me unless i pause and move the boat in any way then i have to reset the script,  it seems to lose the placement of the traps and trys to put them in the original spot that it setup when i started the thing.

has anyone else had this issue?

not an issue or bug really.  that is the design.  it has to memorize where to set the traps and where to replace them once they are missing.  it is based on original placement.  why you would pause the script sail around and restart it is beyond me; im sure there is a reason that i do not know. Just restart script if you ever have to move and you are fine.  That is not something that will be changing unless OSI changes how they work.  This is a farm a single spot script due to how resources do not run out.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:19:50 AM by _C2_ »

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2010, 02:42:17 PM »
My poor drunken sailor, can't even place straight lines!

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
drunk crabber.JPG
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2010, 12:54:23 AM »
thats ok... to much Rum, and you start think that you have placed traps under your boat...

Nice fix for the name part C.. I've been away for a bit, and just loaded in the new version...

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Boberserror.png
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 12:59:24 AM by Khameleon »

Offline Magier

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Magier has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »
I was using it to gain off of.  the closer u are at first helps the gains for me to go up faster, and as I moved out a few tiles every like 3-4 points my gains stayed better,  seems like the gains are horibly slow if u just start out in deep deep water.

Only took a few hours to get to GM from 60.  I started as close to shore as I could and just moved 2-3 tiles out more n more till 80ish then just set the boat out a couple screens from shore and let it sit n got the last like 20 in like 10 hours,  I died once during the 10 hours and not sure how long I was out so not really sure how long it really took tho
Drop out, all the cool kids are doing it.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2010, 11:23:31 AM »
I was using it to gain off of.  the closer u are at first helps the gains for me to go up faster, and as I moved out a few tiles every like 3-4 points my gains stayed better,  seems like the gains are horibly slow if u just start out in deep deep water.

Only took a few hours to get to GM from 60.  I started as close to shore as I could and just moved 2-3 tiles out more n more till 80ish then just set the boat out a couple screens from shore and let it sit n got the last like 20 in like 10 hours,  I died once during the 10 hours and not sure how long I was out so not really sure how long it really took tho

OMG, I had no idea!  I just sat out in deep water and gained slow as could be up to 105.  ugg.  Mind if i put this info in the script write up if folks choose to use it as a trainer.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2010, 11:39:17 AM »
I would never have thought of this as a Trainer, either.  Fishing up Lobsters and Crabs and getting skill doing that...That's Awesome!
 ???

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2010, 11:55:56 AM »
I would never have thought of this as a Trainer, either.  Fishing up Lobsters and Crabs and getting skill doing that...That's Awesome!
 ???

you can gain with this starting at 60 skill.  it was a nice way to test, gain, and build up a supply all at the same time.

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2010, 04:59:45 AM »
is anyone else loosing a ton of traps? it takes almost a whole day but I've been going threw almost 500 traps a day!?!!
I duno if its loosing traps during the unload section, or if its just not fast enough to catch multiple bobs at the same time.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2010, 08:11:15 AM »
is anyone else loosing a ton of traps? it takes almost a whole day but I've been going threw almost 500 traps a day!?!!
I duno if its loosing traps during the unload section, or if its just not fast enough to catch multiple bobs at the same time.

i could quickly add in an old sub that yanks them all on unload runs.  it would certainly save a few more traps.  friends had been telling me not to worry about it.  Ah heck I will just make it an option.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2010, 08:58:45 AM »
I have watched it today. You loose a few while on a recall tour and also loose some on multiple traps boobing at the same time.

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2010, 09:01:51 AM »
I set %waittimes to 17 and it catches the bobs that happen when you are unloading and placing another trap.  still not 100% though when 3 are bobbing at the same time

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2010, 09:44:03 AM »
added a pull all traps option back in when you do secure and bank runs.  adjusted how it figures max weight to deal with the uptake of all traps before secure runs. this will helps some.

next updates will be:

most multi bobbers should get caught on the second bob but i will look at going back to a timer set on traps so after 3 minutes it yanks a trap ina  better safe than sorry effort.

will look at redoing drop subs to allow you to use either or or a combo of bank/home

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2010, 12:36:13 PM »
oh thats cool thanks C2....

Tags: