Author Topic: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer  (Read 156462 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2010, 08:46:01 PM »
version 1.7 posted for testing.  i ran it in multiple modes (not home only) and think i have identified all the main bugs if not all the bugs.

New changes include:

1) the recent readdition of pull all traps when doing a secure/bank run
2) the addition of bank support for folks that do not have safe homes and cannot easily relocate.
3)  there are three modes of dropping loot off on the menu now.  
    Home secure only
    Bank only
    Combo (This is the script's legacy mode of crab and lobster going to home secure and traps out of the bank)

NOTE:  I discourage bank use in general... but I have made it as safe as possible.  You will need a runebook named banking.  The script will use TM's runebooks subs to locate the runebook by name.  I have added a randomizer to work with his subs and select random locations in the runebook to avoid blatent overuse of specific locations.  make sure all runes are close enough to open the bank box.  With 16 runes, you should be fairly safe in a random recall fashion.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2010, 05:27:26 AM »
Thank you for the Home secure only selection. This is always much safer because I have 0 Neighbors so it is pretty safe and I only get about 4 visiters a year to my home.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2010, 07:38:07 AM »
I'm fishing off a new boat, and I'm only able to "reach" four ocean tiles for crabbing.  Is this common, or is my newb showing again?

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
crabbing spots.jpg

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2010, 08:08:08 AM »
Nope actually that is pretty good I was only able to get 3 off of the new boats.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2010, 08:12:21 AM »
I'm fishing off a new boat, and I'm only able to "reach" four ocean tiles for crabbing.  Is this common, or is my newb showing again?

four is killer for a new boat.  i typically only get three off a new boat.  that is why i placed a legacy boat with a diff character and gave my fisher the key.  legacy mode is 10 traps and nice.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2010, 08:47:26 AM »
Hmm...I guess I'll try that.  Seems a shame, though...I like the new boats!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2010, 09:42:37 AM »
The 1.7 now is giving me issues trying to place the traps? The very first one it tells me I can not place it that close to another but I dont have any placed? The 1.6a,b, and c had no problems?

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2010, 09:50:14 AM »
The 1.7 now is giving me issues trying to place the traps? The very first one it tells me I can not place it that close to another but I dont have any placed? The 1.6a,b, and c had no problems?

legacy mode?  the interesting part is that i have not touched placement subs one bit.  are u close to a server line?

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2010, 09:53:07 AM »
1.8 is up for testing...

New feature is a safety timer on traps that you can set in set up area.  it is set to 3 for 3 minutes without being pulled to get it out of the water and reset a fresh one.  This will take care of the bobbers that have insane timing and always go off at a time you cannot pull them fast enough.

Do not put crap in like 2.5.  you cannot use decimals.

been here sitting watching and it sets initial timers correctly per trap and then pulls and resets new timer if it exceeds timer.  each replacement gets a fresh timer.  man I have to love the dot command.  This just would be a trillion lines without it.  Thx to endless nights for walking me through that function so long ago.  This script shows my command over it now for sure.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 09:59:13 AM by _C2_ »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2010, 10:45:48 AM »
I restarted everything and 1.7 works fine now. Will give 1.8 a go in a little while go to make a trip to the old house and do some work there. When i get back I will give it a whirl.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2010, 01:13:35 PM »
Were bobber timer issues causing loss of traps?  1.7 is golden for me right now, but I haven't been running it more than a day - certainly not long enough to notice if there are lots of traps lost to this timer issue.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2010, 02:18:34 PM »
Were bobber timer issues causing loss of traps?  1.7 is golden for me right now, but I haven't been running it more than a day - certainly not long enough to notice if there are lots of traps lost to this timer issue.

not a major issue but sometimes 3-6 would start bobbing at the same time and some would not get pulled out.  With the last change most bobbers stick around and bob again; some bobbers can last up towards an hour but many have short lifes and sink when too many crabs get in them. 

By pulling them out whenever the trap lasts longer than your timer, you avoid even more loss.  Combining the pull out when you go banking/secure dumping and the timer... there should be very little trap loss outside of the occasional unavoidable loss

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2010, 03:16:24 PM »
OKay found out why it was not targetting sometimes when you initially start it up.  Kham had it happen and Mass had it happen recently too.  Turns out I did not change my #ltargetkind from 2 to 3.  water is 3 and I overlooked it.  The bugging out was much like a script that was missing that line and not targetting stuff randomly so we were able to find it quickly.  Thx again Kham for getting on ICQ and finding that with me.  As usual, I have to pass the Kham test for stability.

updated version available 1.8 c

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »
Good catch guys I was going to say after i went turkey hunting and came back to do some crab fishing it started it again. I am running 1.8 now C2 so will give feed back later. right now it has been running for an hour and no problems yet.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2010, 07:57:36 PM »
1.8e is posted witha few minor additions

added move to bag if you wanted to place it in a house.  you must have a clear path to the bag no doors or teleporters.  You will need to start next to the bag if it is in the house.

Tags: