Author Topic: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer  (Read 156546 times)

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kane12 has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2011, 11:25:19 AM »
Nope...that wasnt it. I tried running just my mage with the script alone and the script still initiates an energy bolt casting once I recall back to my house for unloading....and it continues to cast over and over non stop.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #211 on: January 22, 2011, 11:27:23 AM »
Did you get targeted by a mongbat or something?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2011, 02:28:22 PM »
No. Nothing around at all...I checked the journal to make sure.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 22, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »
I was just curious to see if anyone has compared the Crab and Lobster Count - Trammel vs. Felucca?  Do you get more in Fel or is it the same as in Trammel?  Does Crabbing in Tokuno make a difference?  Can't tell if EA considers these a resource?

I am getting ready to donate some Lobsters and Crabs to the Library Fisherman and I am assuming that he takes the named ones, as well as the plain lobsters and crabs?

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2011, 03:02:17 PM »
There is no different between Fel and Tram.

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2011, 03:55:56 PM »
Think I might have found my problem after looking at how you wrote the add in for ebolting....

I have 4 accounting running this script at once going to my house side by side....I think another character's id is flagging the ebolting.

I might be wrong......but think that might be it

doesnt use global values that is nto the case.  tehre is some id at the houses that must be triggering it from the monster list.  i just dont know which one or if it is vet rewards etc.  i will work on it more tonight

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2011, 04:04:36 PM »
Thanks. If it helps.....my house is empty, 18x18 in Malas except for 8 pouches full of resources, a small forge, rock anvil, and a few backpacks.....I will dig around my house area also to see if something else might be triggering it and report back C2.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2011, 04:54:32 PM »
here is the deal as crazy as it sounds...

I have checked and dbl checked my info and used an id script to confirm this maddness!

I am not crazy.  my sub is working perfectly.

EA has done something crazy by giving some items the same ids as monsters...
here is what i have found.

FD the id of a deamon ... well accepted and documented
I found that the sub flagged for FD without a deamon around.  on certain house designs the wooden post also has the id FD.  i used a script on it to confirm and had my sub display event properties on all the false flags i could find.

UC another monster is flaggin for anyone who has an ankh in their house

SE another monster is flaggin also as a brick wall

Sf = flags as an house item

I have updated script removing FD_SE_SF_UC

I will look at making a shorter list of monsters.   I was using ids from my dungeon fisher script and it has a big list of monsters that could be reduced for this script but still is an issue  as the ids are now doubles.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:57:48 PM by _C2_ »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 22, 2011, 06:02:29 PM »
My goodness that's weird!

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »
OMG...that is very odd...lol...I would have never guessed that.

I even had taken out my old school bone container thinking that might be triggering the energy bolts.

lol

Thanks C2 !!!

Scrripty

« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2011, 08:04:04 PM »
I have updated script removing FD_SE_SF_UC

Another way to handle this without needlessly slowing up your script is to only event property your known list of doubles. 

Code: [Select]
if #findtype in %doubleTypes
  event property #findid
if demon || %monsterNames notin #property
  continue

Then you will only event property when you find a double, which wont slow you down too much.  It's a rare thing and easily handled.  I have a list of doubles somewhere.  Also, something else to note, if you are looking for a type inside a list of types, and you do this:

Code: [Select]
if #findtype in %monsterTypes
and your type is AB and there happens to be a type ABS or something similar... that will register as a hit.  So it will think it's a good type when it doesn't actually match.  One of those is the snakemen things...their type is inside another type and causes a false positive.  One is actually AB but I can't remember what it's conflict is.

Offline Magier

• Activity:
    0%
  • Magier has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2011, 09:09:43 AM »
After some time away from UO for work i went back and tried to get this to work correctly agian and tried the suggestions made, and i have been watching it run for about 30 mins now and its still doing all the same things.

i start loaded w pots, have the boat out and everything set as suggested, when i get to the boat it sets them all out and will pick them as it should if the timer to pick hits but if the "bob" sensor part sees one it trys and gives me the "This location is too close to another trap."  the script runs and will pick the bob's but it has to wait till they hit the wait timer and it winds up losing a quite a few traps in the time it waits.

any other suggestions?

timer is 3 mins on the wait.  can you make this like 2.5 or is the decimal not available to on this part?  i haven't tried a fraction on it yet, but am thinking of going to 2 from 3 just to save more pots
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:20:33 AM by Magier »
Drop out, all the cool kids are doing it.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2011, 11:13:32 AM »
After some time away from UO for work i went back and tried to get this to work correctly agian and tried the suggestions made, and i have been watching it run for about 30 mins now and its still doing all the same things.

i start loaded w pots, have the boat out and everything set as suggested, when i get to the boat it sets them all out and will pick them as it should if the timer to pick hits but if the "bob" sensor part sees one it trys and gives me the "This location is too close to another trap."  the script runs and will pick the bob's but it has to wait till they hit the wait timer and it winds up losing a quite a few traps in the time it waits.

any other suggestions?

timer is 3 mins on the wait.  can you make this like 2.5 or is the decimal not available to on this part?  i haven't tried a fraction on it yet, but am thinking of going to 2 from 3 just to save more pots

this can be caused when it recalls home without removing all the bobbers or the character bouncing during the pathfind to the back of the ship.  i saw him rubberband the other night when he tried to pathfind onto the tiller.  this caused the initial pacement to over lapo and screw stuff up.  i will tease it out more.  I was trying to avoid anextra journal scan but that may be the way to go.

Offline Magier

• Activity:
    0%
  • Magier has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2011, 05:41:55 AM »
it seems like it's just trying to place the pots before it accually picks them up.  i get the same message when i try to place a pot before i pick it up.

if i manually pick the pots it will place them fine or if i pause and restart it will do inital place fine but when it trys to bobbers it doesn't pick.

Would the size of the legacy boat matter in how it runs?

it's baffelling me where the problem is  :(  i hate not being able to fix things myself, thanks for all the help with everything u make.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 08:33:19 AM by Magier »
Drop out, all the cool kids are doing it.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »
it seems like it's just trying to place the pots before it accually picks them up.  i get the same message when i try to place a pot before i pick it up.

if i manually pick the pots it will place them fine or if i pause and restart it will do inital place fine but when it trys to bobbers it doesn't pick.

Would the size of the legacy boat matter in how it runs?

it's baffelling me where the problem is  :(  i hate not being able to fix things myself, thanks for all the help with everything u make.

I have one more idea but it blows my friggin mind that you trained skill to 110 without this problem now all of the sudden this problem is happening like mad for u.  i will add a scan for bobbers when u get back to the ship after a dump to make sure they got pulled.  i have a feeling your getting weird lag and leaving some behind which is screwing u up bad.  i thought i added it in the last attempt to fix that but maybe i thought about it and didnt do it.

Tags: