Author Topic: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer  (Read 156439 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer
« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2011, 04:38:36 AM »
I noticed that often times when the Server goes down, that there are still traps in the water (up to 10 of them) and if I am running more than one fisher, then it is that many fishers x 10 traps that I am losing each time.  Is there way way to add an additional pause in the game (as if you pressed the 'Pause" button manually) to prevent this from happening?  Perhaps Journal Scanning for when the Server gives its two-minute warning?  That being possible, can I run an auto-logon script to have the Script continue while I sleep to make it that much easier and get me that much closer to the 1 Million crabs and lobsters I need to farm, in addition to the ones I use on the Fish Monger Quests...?

Sometimes I laugh about how tight folks are on their traps... at 137 or even 200per trap... one crab basically pays for a ton of traps.  This, however, is a good idea.  i think that the best way may be to allow for a time to log out to be entered by the user, wait and return.  however, that would not handle the random times that happen lately.  humm

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 12, 2011, 05:05:16 AM »

Sometimes I laugh about how tight folks are on their traps... at 137 or even 200per trap... one crab basically pays for a ton of traps.  This, however, is a good idea.  i think that the best way may be to allow for a time to log out to be entered by the user, wait and return.  however, that would not handle the random times that happen lately.  humm

Do you mean they have been doing server maintenance at different times?  In that case, couldn't you just go off the system message "The server is going down..." ?

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 12, 2011, 05:29:28 AM »
i really haven't wanted to place a journal scan in my script that checks every pass of any expected or unexpected server messages.  lately, they have been putting servers down often.  but if you are going to do one part... it makes sense that it always does it.

Offline FishQueen

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • FishQueen has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2011, 10:41:31 AM »
I really like it. I'm using the legacy ship with just home only. I keep most of my resources at my house and only gold in the bank. So the home only version rocks for me. The set up was so fast and easy anyone can do it. I've already got so many crabs and lobsters. It definitely does it way faster then I could. You are definitely making this girl's life a lot easier. I just did Math homework while watching it and I can't believe how good it does! You definitely deserve a 10! I wish my Math was going that smoothly...SMILES ALL DAY! Nothing could have made more happy!

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2011, 02:28:44 PM »
Hello :)
I just registered on this site and it seems i cant download this insane script :(
Cold someone send me the code via ICQ or so?

TY, Benjamin

No, No and No.  No one should be icqing this stuff or emailing it.  Read the rules or face the banstick!

Offline BenjaminD

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • BenjaminD has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2011, 02:30:13 PM »
sorry, didnt read it until now :(

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2011, 02:50:25 PM »
sorry, didnt read it until now :(

Well good, if you have read them...then...FOLLOW THEM
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 04, 2011, 05:30:05 PM »
we have rules here? Well I'll be damned....

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2011, 12:53:09 AM »
Hello :)
I just registered on this site and it seems i cant download this insane script :(
Cold someone send me the code via ICQ or so?

TY, Benjamin

No, No and No.  No one should be icqing this stuff or emailing it.  Read the rules or face the banstick!

Rushes a shot of jack over to c2 to settel him down

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2011, 06:40:35 AM »
For that subject, you'll need more than a shot  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 07, 2011, 01:11:08 PM »
is it normal for me to be going through 500 traps in 2-3 days? granted at server down I may lose 10 right there.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 07, 2011, 01:37:43 PM »
is it normal for me to be going through 500 traps in 2-3 days? granted at server down I may lose 10 right there.

no, not normal for me at least.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 07, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »

I would agree, unless you are not a GM fisher, then you may loose a few, but I still don't loose THAT many when I train.
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 07, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »
Kham... I have been thinking of making the timer into a second timer.  if you set it to 2 minutes.. you hardly lose a single trap but you pull some up that are empty.  if you do three minutes, you lose some but they always have crabs.  I have been thinking of trying 2.5 minutes but to do so i need to alter the script to do seconds.  You are skilled enough to do that with ease.  Skill level may play into it some too.  i have been unsure of how much a high skill leads to them filling and skinking faster or low skill losing them for whatever reason.  i haven't payed it enough attention to know for sure.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 07, 2011, 04:11:11 PM »
Also I think deep water vs shallow makes a difference

Tags: