Author Topic: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer  (Read 156467 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer
« Reply #255 on: March 07, 2011, 04:33:04 PM »
Also I think deep water vs shallow makes a difference

where do u think there is more loss?

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 07, 2011, 06:18:43 PM »
do they sink after they don't catch anything after a certain amount of time?
we could but a counter onto each trap and reset it after we drop a new trap....

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 07, 2011, 06:48:10 PM »
do they sink after they don't catch anything after a certain amount of time?
we could but a counter onto each trap and reset it after we drop a new trap....

if by counter.. you mean timer.  that already exists.  im not sure what u are aiming at though.  i think i missed your point.  plz explain further, you have my interest

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 07, 2011, 10:48:55 PM »
Lay down with dogs and u may wake up with fleas Go fishing for crabs and you may come home with crabs and the misses might not like that.  Okay my pun for the day great script

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2011, 02:07:21 AM »
first off my question is do you loose traps if they don't pull up a crab/lobster in a certain amount of time?  lets say you drop 10 traps. put each trap on its own timer.  If that timer hits 2 minutes pull up the traps and replace them with new ones, and reset the timer every time you place a new trap. 

I've looked over the script I just don't see how its missing a full trap, I don't think it is.  I think Empty Traps are sinking after time.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 08, 2011, 04:35:21 AM »
first off my question is do you loose traps if they don't pull up a crab/lobster in a certain amount of time?  lets say you drop 10 traps. put each trap on its own timer.  If that timer hits 2 minutes pull up the traps and replace them with new ones, and reset the timer every time you place a new trap. 

I've looked over the script I just don't see how its missing a full trap, I don't think it is.  I think Empty Traps are sinking after time.

empty traps sink randomly at times.  ST was implying if you are training a new character that is very likely to see them just sink at lower skills. 

Gimlet was saying that deep versus shallow water crabbing may also factor into how often a trap just sinks too.

traps can become too full and sink too.  i doubt that is your issue.

nobama has a friensd that runs it on a two minute timer and never really loses traps but also pulls up some empties.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 13, 2011, 06:21:05 PM »
That's a dirty lie.  I have no friends.

And, for the record, that 2 minute timer really cuts down on the crab/hour.  Not worth it.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 13, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »
That's a dirty lie.  I have no friends.

I can vouch for that. 8)

Offline Chopette

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Chopette has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2011, 05:46:26 AM »
This script is amazing!  Thank you thank you thank you!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 24, 2011, 02:39:26 PM »
This definetly one of my favorite scripts.  I have also played with the timers, but as noted previously it isn't worth it as you lose out on catching those extra crabs per hour.  There are people that will pay a lot more per crab resale, then the cost of one lost trap.  I was hoping that I could be able to get one or two Britannia Ships redeemed before EA released it for purchase on the UO Game Code Store.  Now that the ship has been released, I see the price of ships coming way down.  The $13 dollar ship has been averaging 40 Million and the $19 ship has been running 60 million. 
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2011, 09:30:01 AM »
I broke down, upgraded an account and started a new fisher to give this script a go.  I put a legacy dragon ship in shallow water and started at 27 fishing.  Seems to be working as intended and gaining fishing right off the bat, if not very quickly.  Up to 30 something now. I willl post some results later today.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Crabbing 12.37PM 4.4.2011.png
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:39:23 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2011, 10:53:53 AM »
I broke down, upgraded an account and started a new fisher to give this script a go.  I put a legacy dragon ship in shallow water and started at 27 fishing.  Seems to be working as intended and gaining fishing right off the bat, if not very quickly.  Up to 30 something now. I willl post some results later today.

Have you got a skill ball? If you do you can figure out the optimum distance to max your gains. Also save the fish!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 04, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
No, no skill ball.  I will pick one up though, thanks for the suggestion.  I figure I need to be right next to the shore for a while since I am just getting started.  

I inserted my telepad sub into the script and it appears to work well with it.  

Near the top of the script I set the variables the teleport pad sub needs.

Code: [Select]
Set %StairX XXXX
Set %StairY XXXX
Set %StairZ 4
Set %HomeX XXXX
Set %HomeY XXXX

I put the call line into C2's "gosub pullup" after the call to TM's recall sub

Code: [Select]
gosub pullup
if %securestyle = home || %securestyle = combo
   {
   gosub TM_TravelFromNamedRunebook %travel %secureone %securetwo %book
   ;Following three lines inserted to use the telepad sub
   Wait 15
   Gosub Enter_House_Using_Teleporter %StairX %StairY %StairZ %HomeX %HomeY
   Wait 15

Oh, and I went from 30 to 40 skill in about an hour and a half.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2011, 01:03:46 PM »
I don't even start crabbing when training guys until 65-70.  high trap loss rates and bad gains.  It is doable and I am sure the crystal ball helps some.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2011, 01:39:44 PM »
I am set up in shallow water and have gone from 30 to 50 in about four hours.  It doesn't seem that slow, but its been a while since I trained fishing.  I will start to move into deeper water when I hit 60 I guess.

-Mario Andretti

Tags: