Author Topic: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer  (Read 156415 times)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer
« Reply #270 on: April 04, 2011, 01:49:10 PM »
Paul Get a ball. You will even find a differnce between the traps (based on your photo) on the port and starboard sides of your boat.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 05, 2011, 06:39:09 AM »
I left the script running when I left work (the monitor up) and when I came back this morning I was at 59.6 skill and was standing near the guard house in Brit.  Something obviously went wonkie.  I don't have a recall rune to brit on the toon, so I am guessing there may have bene GM intervention. 

Regardless, this seems like a reasonable way to train fishing up and I am going to keep at it.

@Gim: I will get a skill ball today and figure out how those work. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 05, 2011, 07:25:03 AM »
I got a skill ball per Gimlet's suggestion (Crystal Ball of Knowledge) and set up again for some crabbing.  At 60 skill it appears that the ideal position is just outside of the shallows along the coast (See picture).  At this position, with my ship facing North, the traps on the sea side of the ship to Port are Challenging (20-40% success rate), the traps to the stern are Optimal (40-60%) and the traps to the shore side to Starboard are Easy (60-80%).  I will track my skill gains here and report back.

http://www.uoguide.com/Crystal_Ball_of_Knowledge

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Crabbing 10.19 AM 4.5.2011 @ 60.8.png
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 05, 2011, 10:37:44 AM »
I left the script running when I left work (the monitor up) and when I came back this morning I was at 59.6 skill and was standing near the guard house in Brit.  Something obviously went wonkie.  I don't have a recall rune to brit on the toon, so I am guessing there may have bene GM intervention. 

Regardless, this seems like a reasonable way to train fishing up and I am going to keep at it.

@Gim: I will get a skill ball today and figure out how those work. 

look forward to the information.  I would love to add it to the initial write-up with your screen shot of the boat and traps.  I would put the credit to you of course if you would like to share it in that fashion.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 05, 2011, 12:53:40 PM »
C2, I am posting the information up for you to use as you see fit as some small token of appreciation for all of the great scripts of yours.  

Once I hit 66 skill the difficulty for my trap spots all dropped by one order of magnitude. I should have moved again, but I was working.  It took moving three spots out to sea for the first move to put me in the easy/optimal/challenging skill range.  I checked again for this move and it put the difficulty ranges back to easy/optimal/challenging again by moving three more out to sea.  

I suspect for taining mode you could require a skill ball, have the use put land off to Port or Starboard (and tell the script), and have the script move the ship over three spots when when it needs to increase difficulty. It looks like the first two steps up are 59 and 66.  I suppose you wouldn't need a skill ball, you could just set it to move at skill intervals, but the skill ball messages would be a nice way of doing it since the messages end up in your journal.

This may be a really great way to train fishing.  I certainly would not have a couple of million gold in stuff I could sell at 66 fishing using a pole...

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Crabbing 3.49 PM 4.5.2011 @ 67.2 skill.png
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:55:22 PM by Paulonius »

-Mario Andretti

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 05, 2011, 07:29:17 PM »
You see why i like that damn ball!  Also Paul even at your skill if you find the right shoreline you can get most of your traps to optimal.

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 05, 2011, 11:08:08 PM »
Couple things ive noticed. I started new chacter with 40 magery and 40 eval bought up fishing to 29.6 bought a hi seas boat and set up everything accordinley bought up traps and put in my secure from home.  My strength is low but used imbued pieces to take it up to 84.  These are the issues that i noticed when it fails to recall the script just fizzels and pauses tells u to recall to your boat or fishing spot.  Then ask you to manualy put out the traps well the bob for bit doesn t pick them up.  It then trys to recall back to the house but fails and just sits there.  Might want to put in magery check or post to were it recast if fails just sugestion ill re test as i build the chacters skills up adn str dex and int

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 06, 2011, 04:36:55 AM »
@ Josey Wales:  That is not strictly speaking an issue with the script. TM's recall sub, which C2 is using, requires you to have enough magery/chivarly to recall/SJ reliably.  Get your magery up to 60ish and it will work fine.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 06, 2011, 04:39:17 AM »
C2, I have noticed that if you have spawn at your house that targets you, the script will go into a cycle trying to cast ebolt at the spawn.  I think the defense routine should have a check for a journal entry that says "Target cannot be seen", maybe with a damage check, then ignore the beastie.

I hit 74.7 yesterday before I quit.  Didn't have to move again yet.

-Mario Andretti

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 06, 2011, 04:55:09 AM »
@ Josey Wales:  That is not strictly speaking an issue with the script. TM's recall sub, which C2 is using, requires you to have enough magery/chivarly to recall/SJ reliably.  Get your magery up to 60ish and it will work fine.
yes sir i was just trying to give feed back from new player per spective. I ment no dis respect at all

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 06, 2011, 05:04:56 AM »
yes sir i was just trying to give feed back from new player per spective. I ment no dis respect at all

no disrespect taken on this end.  i may or may not add it. The script is not designed as a noobie traiing script, just as my casting traner isnt made for a new character with 12 or 20 magery out of new haven (I hear that one too), but there are bigger implications to what you noticed and it could be helpful and easy enough to do (Possibly two lines maybe three) to have.  I was pretty sure there was a check in there for fails and a set amount of reattempts in TMs subs but they are not kicking in for u. 

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2011, 05:24:02 AM »
it only casted recall one time then paused the script wanted me to recall to fishing spot and hit unpause wich i did.  I started new chacter because my curent fisher was all ready done so just made new account figured id give it try to be abel to give some feedback

Chacter was created with 40 magery 40 eval worked up gm tinkering alcemy, and cooking on the chacter.  The chacter is female with 60 str 34 dex 54 mana.  Used ibued suit with 5 hp, 100 lrc and 7 mana increase on every piece was useing 2/5 casting on ring had mana and str increase as well as 13 magery on the ring.  I understand you probley not going to make it newbie script just giving some feedback to see if u can figure out why it didn t try again to recal when failed. I hope i was at least helpful in some way here
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 05:33:34 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales »

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 06, 2011, 10:29:10 AM »
I am up to 78.2 skill and am not 100% sure where I crossed the next skill threshhold.  It was somewhere between 74 and 78.2.  The next difficulty "band" of water out from shore was four wide instead of three as the previous two had been.  I moved my boat out until I had the first "Challenging" skill reading on the sea-side and stopped again.  Now instead of having Challenging to sea side, optimal to stern, and easy to the land side, the land side is also optimal. 

Crabbing 1.28 PM 4.6.2011 @ 78.2 skill.png

-Mario Andretti

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 06, 2011, 10:32:56 AM »
@ Josey: I wasn't being critical, and I don't think you offended anyone.  You ought to bang on a script anyway that makes sense for you and give feedback just as you have done. I am sure that your comments will help someone out the next time they are putting together a new fisher toon. 

I used TM's recall subs to build a BOD gatherer that works from home and ran into the same issue with a bunch of newb toons. 

-Mario Andretti

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 06, 2011, 04:22:44 PM »
The next step up in difficulty came at 85.  Going to move out again.

-Mario Andretti

Tags: