Author Topic: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer  (Read 156453 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer
« Reply #285 on: April 06, 2011, 05:28:56 PM »
I understand you probley not going to make it newbie script just giving some feedback to see if u can figure out why it didn t try again to recal when failed. I hope i was at least helpful in some way here

seriously, I am not upset and appreciate the feedback.  I just wanted to respond with my intent as I do to all requests or notes so other readers know if to expect changes regarding the comments or not.

thank you for not being a ghost user.

Now the recall thing gets me too.  if the spot is blocked, as happens with my fishign script sometimes, it does the same thing and goes on with the script without moving.  What needs to happen is that I post and you can to if you are up for it in tm's recall subs as he is the most familiar with his tool and might be able to give more insight into it than me.  If some changes are needed due to ea changes etc, he will want to update the tool in the main post.  

On my end, i could put a safe fail that looks at the initial location, gosubs the recall, after returning checks to see if it has changed.  if not gosub recall again.  i think that fix would be a positive one at the very least.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:03:15 PM by _C2_ »

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 06, 2011, 05:48:43 PM »
something else i have noticed im useing version 2.1h useing a hi seas boat the tokuno one i recall to boat then script pasues aske me to place out traps wich i do only been doing 3 traps i place them out then it automaticleys picks them back up and then recalls back to tokuno boat and just wonders around the boat never places any more traps Im wondering if im doing something wrong in set up I apreciate any help here

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 06, 2011, 06:03:32 PM »
tried it with legacy boat works perfectley guess script just didn t like the new hi seas boat

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 07, 2011, 07:07:22 AM »
After I hit 85 skill, deep sea spots are all optimal for training, and it no longer mattered where the boat was relative to shore.  I moved out in increments of four (X3), five (X2), and then six (X2) for a total of 36 spaces and it didn't make a difference.  I then pushed out a couple of hundred steps from shore and it was the same.  Maybe dungeon fishing has a higher difficulty, but I am going to stick with the sea for now as it is still optimal training.

Skill gains are still going pretty fast. I am up to 95 and chugging away.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:50:15 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 07, 2011, 03:00:43 PM »
 Maybe dungeon fishing has a higher difficulty, but I am going to stick with the sea for now as it is still optimal training. 

it does not.  fishing up serps is the best at this point through deep sea fishing or doing what you are doing with crabbing

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 08, 2011, 04:52:09 AM »
I flew from 85 to GM crabbing in deep water.  Skill gains stayed optimal until 95 and then dropped to Easy. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 08, 2011, 02:05:19 PM »
Stopping at 100?

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2011, 02:08:30 PM »
I have to figure out the quests and start turning in to continue advancing.  Have been busy getting my BOD stock back up, but I will go back to crabbing next week and see where I can take it.

-Mario Andretti

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 08, 2011, 02:10:17 PM »
You need fresh water fish and dungeon fish also!

Offline Heyhoser2k11

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Heyhoser2k11 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 22, 2011, 03:02:05 PM »
I have some questions about the script and am experimenting at the moment based on the issues I was seeing on ver. 2.1h

I hit the problem with the new Tokuno boat as well as my char running to the opposite side of the boat and getting stuck.  After reading others were having this issue, I opted to try the script instead on a legacy boat. The issue I saw at the time was as soon as my char finished planting the last pot, he'd pick them all up again, meaning 10 went in and 10 came back empty.

I read up on the %waittimes and saw that the default is 20.  I could only get results if I set it to 400.  In 4 hours, I lost 4 pots only.  I didn't get much aside from base lobsters and crabs, but what scale is the %waittimes at? Is it seconds or "pauses"?

I'm going to experiment with the waittimes some more to see if I can find the perfect number.

No matter what, this is saving so much time I love it already!!

Offline theonequasi

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • theonequasi has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2011, 06:26:05 AM »
I use a small legacy boat i have no problem at all runs smooth for the home option .

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2011, 05:41:13 PM »
I have some questions about the script and am experimenting at the moment based on the issues I was seeing on ver. 2.1h

I hit the problem with the new Tokuno boat as well as my char running to the opposite side of the boat and getting stuck.  After reading others were having this issue, I opted to try the script instead on a legacy boat. The issue I saw at the time was as soon as my char finished planting the last pot, he'd pick them all up again, meaning 10 went in and 10 came back empty.

something else i have noticed im useing version 2.1h useing a hi seas boat the tokuno one i recall to boat then script pasues aske me to place out traps wich i do only been doing 3 traps i place them out then it automaticleys picks them back up and then recalls back to tokuno boat and just wonders around the boat never places any more traps Im wondering if im doing something wrong in set up I apreciate any help here

This is a set up issue or a character weight issue.  i boat the tokono boat and there are no issues.  I suspect the runes are not correct.  it would wander around boat if it thought it was home.  
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 07:17:54 PM by _C2_ »

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2011, 06:18:57 PM »
C2 i had the same issue when i used tokuno boat but once i switched to legacy boat had no problems

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
C2 i had the same issue when i used tokuno boat but once i switched to legacy boat had no problems

Yeah, i saw that.  with two of you having the problem i bopught the boat and set up my book locations including the boat and could not reproduce the issue.  unless there is a certain direction that makes it mess up.  i have a feeling it is failed recalls or book set up.  i have no leads atm other than witnessing the wandering with legacy whem my home recall failed a few times.  that was rare but it would produce teh behavior that you are mentioning.  with legacy there is really no reason to use it but it would be nice to know. 

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »
I had the rune to my boat in my book and in the same book as i had my home rune if that helps any it would also tell me i haven t insured my rune as well let me get the boat back out and test it after i get back from the store need somethign drink and snack on

Tags: