Author Topic: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer  (Read 156407 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer
« Reply #330 on: April 21, 2013, 04:35:31 PM »
waiting to see if that is an easyuo error that they will be fixing or not

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 21, 2013, 06:47:48 PM »
EUO updated the MaxWeight Issue... you may resume your crabbing at your leisure now.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 21, 2013, 09:00:47 PM »
EUO updated the MaxWeight Issue... you may resume your crabbing at your leisure now.
Great news!  Glad cheffe fixed that in EUO.

Offline Catryonna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Catryonna has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 05, 2013, 02:48:24 PM »
So now that TrailMyx has me addicted to fishing again   :P  I've been trying to do some of the fishing quest...so I downloaded your script to get lobster and crabs.  Set-up goes nice and easy everything works the way it should until I set the traps.  I'm on a legacy boat and it sets all 10 traps then immediately pulls them up and recalls back to my secure location....Opens the box piddles around, goes back to my legacy boat sets traps and immediately pulls them up again.  It is not looking for the bobbing it seems.  I've looked at the script, but being the amateur that I am, I don't see anything that looks out of place.  I'm using 2.1h and the most recent version of Easy UO and I play on Napa.  Any suggestions?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #334 on: June 05, 2013, 03:03:15 PM »
So now that TrailMyx has me addicted to fishing again   :P  

Muhahaah!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 05, 2013, 03:22:43 PM »
So now that TrailMyx has me addicted to fishing again   :P  

Muhahaah!

Yes. Now all we need to do is get TM to upgrade to High Seas so he can know the joy that is the Fishmonger Quest!!! ::)
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #336 on: June 05, 2013, 03:40:47 PM »
Yes. Now all we need to do is get TM to upgrade to High Seas so he can know the joy that is the Fishmonger Quest!!! ::)
... and my propensity to automate such things.... ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Catryonna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Catryonna has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 05, 2013, 03:44:15 PM »
Yes, High Seas is awesome!  I was reluctant to purchase it, but it has been well worth the cost.    Now I just have to figure out how to put cannons on my boat...*ponders*

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 05, 2013, 04:05:51 PM »

... and my propensity to automate such things.... ;)
I am not saying it can't be done. You have pulled some major freaking miracles out of your ass scripting ??? But I don't think you realize what all is involved in this questor. Normally at this point I would try to subtly manipulate you into creating the script for this (Me? Subtle? yeah right!) But just the fact that not only are the requirements for each quest random, but the persons you have to deliver them too are also random. Although you merely need your ship on the same sub-server to turn in the quest so it is possible. Not sure how you would make the Papua dropoff work though. That would need to go through the Serpent Pillars.

But yeah. Would love to see that beast that could handle this.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 06, 2013, 04:52:19 AM »
So now that TrailMyx has me addicted to fishing again   :P  I've been trying to do some of the fishing quest...so I downloaded your script to get lobster and crabs.  Set-up goes nice and easy everything works the way it should until I set the traps.  I'm on a legacy boat and it sets all 10 traps then immediately pulls them up and recalls back to my secure location....Opens the box piddles around, goes back to my legacy boat sets traps and immediately pulls them up again.  It is not looking for the bobbing it seems.  I've looked at the script, but being the amateur that I am, I don't see anything that looks out of place.  I'm using 2.1h and the most recent version of Easy UO and I play on Napa.  Any suggestions?

The only reason that it would do this is...
a.  you do not have 10 or more traps but in your backpack and then it would go home and try to get more in the resource bags.  if it is not pulling more, your bag ids are off.

b. your max weight of your character is too low or the status bar is not open so it is not showing in easy uo.  there have been players that play with low strength to build or train a player.  this stuff weighs a ton and you need the pack pretty much empty and the strength up really high or it keeps thinking your pack is full and goes home.  i am betting this one!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 06, 2013, 06:14:35 AM »

b. your max weight of your character is too low or the status bar is not open so it is not showing in easy uo.  there have been players that play with low strength to build or train a player.  this stuff weighs a ton and you need the pack pretty much empty and the strength up really high or it keeps thinking your pack is full and goes home.  i am betting this one!

This is a very common thing with nearly all resource gathering scripts. You really need to max out strength for them work their best.

Offline Kandie

• Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kandie has no influence.
  • a.k.a "Granny"
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2014, 08:35:12 AM »
C2    I havn't used this script in over a yr cuz I had saved up so many crabs and lobsters, but sold them all the other day, so now I need to farm more but either I can't remember how to set it up or am just a dummy, but it about 50% of the time it won't recall off my boat key.   There are times when I start the script it says boat positioned wrong, but its not, so I just move it ahead 1 space and that corrects that issue.  I just don't know how to correct it not recalling off my boat key... I use legacy boat the small one.....any ideas????

Offline Kandie

• Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kandie has no influence.
  • a.k.a "Granny"
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 19, 2014, 04:55:52 PM »
C2 is my HERO, I was having issues with his Lobster and Crab farmer. First it wouldn't recall off my boat key, then he fixed that , next my char would run around in the boat becuz she would recall in at different spots in boat and not behind the mast.  Yup he fixed that for me . Next when she did recall in to the right spot she would run in place or just bacl and forth and not go to the back of the boat to drop traps,  yup you got that right he also fixed that issue.  Its a pleasure to work with him when having an issue with his scripts. If I could give him that RED HEART reputation I certainly would, my thanks and appreciation will have to do.........and my letting everyone know how he helps when he can :)  I prolly didn't explain the issue's the best way but he listened and worked with me.    Thanks so very much C2, a great script is now working for me again ;) :-*

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 19, 2014, 07:43:07 PM »
C2 is my HERO, I was having issues with his Lobster and Crab farmer. First it wouldn't recall off my boat key, then he fixed that , next my char would run around in the boat becuz she would recall in at different spots in boat and not behind the mast.  Yup he fixed that for me . Next when she did recall in to the right spot she would run in place or just bacl and forth and not go to the back of the boat to drop traps,  yup you got that right he also fixed that issue.  Its a pleasure to work with him when having an issue with his scripts. If I could give him that RED HEART reputation I certainly would, my thanks and appreciation will have to do.........and my letting everyone know how he helps when he can :)  I prolly didn't explain the issue's the best way but he listened and worked with me.    Thanks so very much C2, a great script is now working for me again ;) :-*

My pleasure Kandie! I'm glad that folks still use these scripts! Thx for helping me trouble shoot your experience and giving me enough info to have leads on the cause.  ;D

PS: Having my personal ICQ number doesn't hurt either... hehe

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 08, 2014, 04:21:55 AM »
Hmm...maybe I should go back to farming crabs.  I never did get my 10 million for that Brit ship...

Tags: