Author Topic: TrailMyx's Next Generation File System (TM_NGFS)  (Read 57415 times)

Scrripty

Re: My new filesystem - first look
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 06:50:53 PM »
+1
I hate those real life priorities.  Want them pkd? :)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 07:52:33 PM »
+1
I hate those real life priorities.  Want them pkd? :)

Lol, well these are pretty good really.  New job that I'm kinda looking forward to.  Plus I have a bit of scripting apathy at the moment due to the EUO upheaval.  I may have to dust off the Lua mods I made to ScriptUO.  sheesh.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 10:59:02 AM »
+1
If you want to begin playing with this, I'm gonna attach the subs (tm_ngfs1.txt) and the viewer (tm_ngfs_viewer3.txt).  There are 5 examples  located in the "TestScript" sub.  To test each example, just change the argument sent to %1.

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
tm_ngfs1.txt
tm_ngfs_viewer3.txt
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 01:22:10 PM »
+1
So I'm going to dig into this.  I just browsed it and my brain went "huh?".  Any help using these subs would be great TM. :)  I'm going to use it to add Cerv's saving of waypoint vars.  Or try anyways.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 01:33:40 PM »
+1
There's already quite a bit of test code in there for you to look at.  5 separate examples; look at the last sub in the file.

I'm probably not going to finish this project.  I'm gearing up to transition to OEUO, and I need those brain cells I've reserved for EUO.  ;)

Anyhow, Examples:

#1: Check to see if a save information exists for "new_script2"

#2: Saves !test0 .. !test100 in set named "new_script"

#3: Saves variable !test, !this, and !variable into set named "new_script"

#4: Saves Saves !test0 .. !test100 in set named "new_script2" and "new_script22"

#5: Loads information saved in "new_script"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:39:36 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 03:51:40 PM »
+1
Gettin excited for a new toy now aren't ya? :)  CONVERT!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 07:03:13 PM »
+1

Umm, not really.  I guess I'm just a bit tired of using a tool that hasn't been actively supported for so long.  I appreciate all the work that Cheffe has put into his project, so I'll grudgingly convert in time.  I fear it's going to be a glacial conversion, however.   I just have no time to learn language number 21. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 07:10:46 PM »
+1

Umm, not really.  I guess I'm just a bit tired of using a tool that hasn't been actively supported for so long.  I appreciate all the work that Cheffe has put into his project, so I'll grudgingly convert in time.  I fear it's going to be a glacial conversion, however.   I just have no time to learn language number 21. 

Well, if EA doesn't screw it all up by being idiots, you will still be able to use the old language as well. :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 07:18:44 PM »
+1

Well, if EA doesn't screw it all up by being idiots, you will still be able to use the old language as well. :)

Well, EA is gonna get into a deadly dance with people like Cheffe.  I can just about guarantee you that Cheffe has more talent that ANYONE over there at EA/OSI.  So if they REALLY want to screw with Cheffes new baby, then they should prepare for a battle they can't win.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2010, 07:32:49 PM »
+1
Yea.  I get that feeling that he would actually ENJOY a little playtime. :) hehe  I'm actually kind of excited to see what happens.  Should be a little fun!  More excitement than we've had in a while in the ol UO community!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 05:29:04 AM »
+1
Okie, before I go all haywire on trying to sloth through learning to implement these subs, are they ready for use? Having just read through the thread, TM, it sounds like you've abandoned them for the time being. Are they fully functional?

I simply want to be able to store a bunch of vars in a single reg entry per #CharID rather than having 30-50 generic persistent's. Does that sound doable? I'll start reading more closely and playing around with them tonight if so. I would much rather use the TM subs than the CEO filesystem (personal vendetta)!

Thanks mucho!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Scrripty

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 05:56:22 AM »
+1
12, seriously, just look at how I did it in the Waypoint Farmer.  I use them in there to store variables.  Thousands of them at a time.  You use a for loop if they are consecutively numbered.  And you can load them that way also.  But you have to initialize the filesystem, then register variables to it, and once they are registered, you basically save them ALL with one call... and load them all with one call to the filesystem.  Simple as that really.  I can send you the exact subs I used easily so you can check out how I did it.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 06:02:28 AM »
+1
Awesome, I'm not doing anything anywhere near that intensive. I just haven't had time yet to dig into the subs and their use, I figure that it would be nice to get something in place by EOD today for testing tonight.

X

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2010, 09:45:49 AM »
+1
Ok, just want to make sure I have this.

So first I must create the Variable "set", so for example if I want to save a set of variables per character and shard I might say:

gosub TM_NGFS_InitializeScript XIIxMining
gosub TM_NGFS_RegisterVariables XIIxMining local std SecureID
gosub TM_NGFS_RegisterVariables XIIxMining local std OreBagID
gosub TM_NGFS_RegisterVariables XIIxMining local std GemBagID
gosub TM_NGFS_RegisterVariables XIIxMining std std ToBank
etc

gosub TM_NGFS_SaveVariables XIIxMining
Then do I need to "gosub TM_NGFS_LoadVariables XIIxMining" in order to access and modify those variables during runtime? During this time I would treat "local std SecureID" as "!SecureID" and "std std ToBank" as "%ToBank"?

I suppose I should be going through the examples in the thread.

X

Scrripty

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 09:50:14 AM »
+1
That looks correct without checking myself. :)  That's the idea tho.  You initialize the name to save the variables to.  Then just register the variables with the filesystem, then you save/load them by that name.  Easy as can be. :)