Author Topic: Hello ,  (Read 1971 times)

Offline beaunosTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • beaunos has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello ,
« on: March 16, 2014, 08:12:54 PM »
Well here goes,

Good Evening lady's and Gents,

sorry for interruption in you evening  thought id introduce my self.

My name is Beauregard I go by (bo) , hope you don't hold punition against me cause I'm 39yrs old and still struggle with run on sentences.

Well to say I'm a uo addict might be lil bit of under statement. I have divorce paper to prove it (it was one literally listed in her complaint i loved my Daughter and  uo more then her )funny thing is I think the judge played uo too.  I have been playing uo since before my daughter birth shell be 15 in Oct. have had active account on osi shard for 167months and 162month. I played GL up until recently switched to Baja now. I can tell you my arse is till lil red from osi venture into power hour took me forever to gm my smith finally did it just to have power come out and a slew of new smiths running around in less week. and 8x8 got me so pissed i deleted my Gm fisherman  i know it was same time but i was slow on up take, Wish I would of know about scripting then.

I find my self here with the other junkies on a path to enlightenment i have no coding experience but I am intrigued at the prospect of really striping the game down to basic principals and concepts.  Hopefully in process learning how to elevate my enjoyment to new level of satisfaction by gaining a grasp of mechanic and writing my own pieces of script to accommodate my less then stellar satellite connection that pings uo servers at a whopping  - 1400 to 2700 yea me and my latency lol

so needless to say i tend to do pvm and not pvp my connection tends to have me dot texas two step into a dirt nap.    Yes i can admit im a meat shield in pvp arena but there was a time when i would dbl strick a naked mage my katana well that got nerfed as so many other "imbalance's" in uo but not before he manage to rack up 1658 blue kills. I really like that char even if it a male with my daughter name he nostalgic and sentimental to me(i know i could delete and rebuild but he did cost me a marriage i guess you could say he's my mistress sorta)
so i could use some script knowledge to maybe macro my way in next few year return him to blue LOL

Im really looking for a crash coarse a scripting 101 and would appreciate any direction and guidance you could offer im sure my latency issue will provide my own challenges so i am prepared to be  a sponge and soak up the knowledge, well as much as old dog can learn does the manual com with pictures and nothing over 2 syllables here to a new endeavor on path of learning and hopefully some new friends along the way.
I hope to in yr or so be the one with a respectful grasp of coding and how latency may or may not effect it

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hello ,
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 10:27:13 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.  Funny thing about your divorce and UO being involved.  I'm sure we all have similar stories how it's enveloped our lives.

Your latency will play havvok with most scripts unfortunately, so wishing you luck there.

Welcome to the Enlightened Path!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:28:51 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 06:30:18 AM »
Welcome!

Offline beaunosTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • beaunos has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 03:13:44 PM »
Thank you

And latency shall be a big issue for me that is a challenge I know going into this and hopefully can figure a acceptable format to manage this issue for a usable script so cookie cutters wont really work for me until I figure a way to this issue.

Reading up in tutorials im sure ill have a few question in a day or two  long road begins tonight lol

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 03:14:14 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: Intorduction