Author Topic: ENs - Fast Script Framework  (Read 16616 times)

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
ENs - Fast Script Framework
« on: November 19, 2012, 08:21:12 AM »
EN's Fast Script Framework
Version 1 Release Date: 11/2012
[spoiler=Script Header]
;============================================
; EUO version tested with: As Per Revision Date
; Shard OSI / FS: OSI
; Revision Dates: 11/12
; Public Release:  11/12
; Purpose: Fast Script Creation
;============================================
[/spoiler]
ABOUT
  I remember long ago Cerveza saying how he would love an easy way to setup a script and reuse code, well this is the answer. The first thing you will notice about scripts that use EN's Fast Script Framework is how little code is actually contained in the main File. The objective is to setup a framework that accesses and extends ENs callable Script Library  to automate standard script setups and functions.

FEATURES
- automatically detecting what skills a given character has and setting appropriate variables.  IE REcall or Sacred Journey,  Mind-blast or Corp Por, Can I hide, Can i pickup bods etc.
- Setting up the character environment .. location of backpack, status bar etc
- Menus  and menu functions (pause/halt resume)
- remove all customization header-blocks or code or setup functions into one standard place for all scripts using the framework. In order to eliminate duplication or the need to edit scripts for individual characters. Or the need to cut and paste setup functions when a script is updated.

HOW TO SETUP ENs SCRIPT LIBRARY AND FAST SCRIPT FRAMEWORK
  Step 1 - ENs Script Library
        Follow instructions and download Script library's files located Here
  Step 2 - ENs Elite Script Library
        Download Elite Level Script Library Files  Here (Obviously if your not elite this is not going to happen so skip this step)
  Step 3 - ENs Fast Script Framework
      3a- Download ENs-Subs-FastScriptFramework.txt from this post (Save in same location as Library Files) Now included in the zip from step 1.
      3b- Download ENs-Subs-PersonalSettings.txt from this post (Save in same location as Library Files)
      3c- Configure Personal Settings - Documentation 1 Post Down

HOW TO USE THE FAST SCRIPT FRAMEWORK IN YOUR SCRIPTS
Documentation 2 Posts Down

Feedback both negative and postive are defiantly more than welcomed and encouraged.  Same with feature requests .. no guaranettee will make it into the code .. but it might.

THESE ARE CALLABLE SCRIPTS ONLY ... DO not cut and paste into your script

Disclaimer/Usage License:  See Script for full Details.
(C) 2007 All Rights Reserved JosephAJ
Commercial usage requires written permission from the author

NOTE: My scripts or any derivative of them are *not* for use in other players script/s!

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
ENs-Subs-__PersonalSettings.txt
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:16:10 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
Re: EN's - Fast Script Framework
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 08:26:55 AM »
How To Configure ENs_Subs-PersonalSettings.txt
File: ENs_Subs-PersonalSettings.txt

If you don't need to change a particular scripts functions or override ENs Default settings you dont need to read any further.

Why put personal settings in sub files, well it allows me to update a script without you having to edit the header block.  It also allows me to post scripts without worrying ive included my username/password for those autologin features.  Many default character settings are made behind the scenes you can override these settings in this sub file

Overriding Re/setting a Var can be done in each of these 3 subs with differing effects (order of overide is as listed):
-Sub ENs_StandardPersonalSettings: Will override that var for  chars all in all EN supported scripts
-Sub ENs_Setup??? :  Setup sub for a particular script will override for this script only
-sub ENs_CharacterSpecificOverRides: to make settings for particular chars eg autologin stuff or whatever you want like below
    ;  if #charname = bla , #spc , Bla
   ;    call %ENs_Subs_LoginOut ENs_LoginSetup ; Autologin(true/#false)  Accountname password maxslots charslot shardname (nospaces)

Runebooks
The Default Names of runebook/s sets are: Bank, stables, Bodding Tailors, Bodding BlackSmiths

Setting up resouce Containors in the Bank
This script uses ENs auto bag detection routines.  You need to label a bunch of bags with unique names, and then tell the script the name of the bag (or keyword in name) and the type of bag for each of the below resource categories.  This script doesn't use all these bags but will look for them anyways so if you want you can set the unneeded ones to the same bag over and over.

I use colored wood boxes as that was initially easier for me than labeling bags for many diff chars on many diff accounts, but you use whatever you want... edit the sub ENs_ResourceStorageSettings  for your preferred settings.

The format of the sub is ...
1- Internal Var name eg BankFishBag (dont change this)
2- Bag text  ie yew  (change to whatever you want eg fishfingers)
3- Bag type code ie wooden box=HKF_CUD  .. but use the matching code for your bag

You can set 2 and 3 to anything you wish.
call %ENs_Subs_Banking AutoDetectBag BankFishBag      Yew        %BagTypeWoodenBox

Bodding
Bod pickup is automatically turned on if your character has the skill to pickup either tailor or smith bods.  Please make sure to have a bodbook in your backpack.  You can turn off this automatic bodding by adding the below lines either to  file  ENs_Subs-PersonalSettings.txt,  Sub ENs_StandardPersonalSettings (will turn off for all chars all EN scripts) or add to ENs_SetupFishMongerQuestor and will turn off for this script only or add to  ENs_CharacterSpecificOverRides to turn on off for certain characters.

Personally I think if you can pickup bods its worth leaving on auto as the script will only do it at convient times when the timer has been reached.

set %EN_CollectBodsTailor     #False
set %EN_CollectBodsBlackSmith #False
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:57:12 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
HOW TO USE THE FAST SCRIPT FRAMEWORK IN YOUR SCRIPTS

Outline template file is attached.   Further documentation will come when i have time.  Ask questions etc in this thread.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
ENs-Template-Fast Script Framework Template.txt
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:49:24 PM by Endless Night »

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 08:30:41 AM »
Dear sweet baby Jesus.  Do you actually even play the game, EN, or do you just have a laptop in a dark, dusty server room that does everything for you in SPECTACULAR AUTOMATED FASHION!

I am impressed.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 09:11:59 AM »
I once set things up like this for my Guildmates. Mainly Crafting. Its A Great Learning tool for people to understand how to make a loop and to use subs others have written. My hat is off to you for doing it publicly!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 10:04:33 AM »
I once set things up like this for my Guildmates. Mainly Crafting. Its A Great Learning tool for people to understand how to make a loop and to use subs others have written. My hat is off to you for doing it publicly!

just wait until you see the massive code dump that's coming.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 10:45:30 AM »

just wait until you see the massive code dump that's coming.

Christmas isn't until *next* month, EN...

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 11:29:35 AM »
Gim holds his breath!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
A TOOL KIT!!! Very cool idea. I will wait to see what you put out there before I start sending requests for subs!
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 02:08:38 PM »
A TOOL KIT!!! Very cool idea. I will wait to see what you put out there before I start sending requests for subs!

Current list of sub files (each contain a varing number of actaul subs)

ENs-Subs-SpellsAndRuneBook.txt
ENs-Subs-Standard.txt
ENs-Subs-BodsAndNPCs.txt
ENs-Subs-Menus.txt
ENs-Subs-BanksAndHome.txt
ENs-Subs-Pets.txt
ENs-Subs-ResourceGathering.Txt
ENs-Subs-CharacterSkills.Txt
ENs-Subs-LoginOut.Txt
ENs-Subs-ThreatCheck.txt
ENs-Subs-Crafting.txt
ENs-Subs-HealthBars.txt

And thier will be few more after i rip apart some more of my scripts.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 08:29:54 AM »
This will be up shortly .. but meanwhile im ripping usefull public posted subs (open licesesed) on Euo into a seperate file. For easy access.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 08:06:42 PM »
Gim holds his breath!

I think you must have taken another breath by now... but just in case .. the code has finally hit the boards .. breath easy.

Tags: