Author Topic: (Retired) ENs - Magencia Housing Lottery Ticket Buyer  (Read 18699 times)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: ENs - Magencia Housing Lottery Ticket Buyer
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 12:55:14 AM »
*whoosh*  That thread is engulfed in flame.

Yes, you do have to give up any old house...or just sell your prize ticket!

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 04:17:25 AM »
*whoosh*  That thread is engulfed in flame.

Yes, you do have to give up any old house...or just sell your prize ticket!

BUt you have 30 days to use the deed ... or sell it

I had also posted the script on EasyUO... but with 11 downloads and zero comments .. I think that will be the last usefull thing i post up thier.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:42:35 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline xetic

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • xetic has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 09:51:06 AM »
Pandemonium on Stratics http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/239396-scripter-pacific.html

That thread is primarily about me with my openEUO script but in there they mentioned someone dismounting at stones. I'm not sure if you are using clicks for your stone gump opening, but I'm assuming you have a bug somewhere in yours as mine has no possible way to dismount. May not be either of ours though just figured I would mention it.

I thought it was a rather silly idea and would liked to have seen the Dev Teams limited resources be put to something else.

The idea was to implement a gold sink which is certainly needed. The market is flooded like hell at the moment.

Housing Guidelines PDF posted on uo.com: http://mythicmktg.fileburst.net/uo/media/pdfs/Magincia%20Public%20Design%20Doc.pdf

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:40:03 PM by xetic »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 11:05:30 AM »
EN - It worked great for me - thanks!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 11:43:23 AM »
Yea thats not my script... lol mine carnt won't dismount.  But the level of pure leech on EasyUo peed me off. lol
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 12:46:57 PM »
Yea thats not my script... lol mine carnt won't dismount.  But the level of pure leech on EasyUo peed me off. lol
Roflmao i just read your sig endless lol Nice man to funny

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 01:07:12 PM »
The idea was to implement a gold sink which is certainly needed. The market is flooded like hell at the moment.

I'm neither for or against gold sinks. Personally I see no need for them but I don't have a problem with the Devs introducing them besides the fact I'd like to see their resources and time being spent on something that might actually make the game better. Fix Bugs, High Resolution graphics, another expansion etc...

If there are players out there that want to voluntarily spend their gold on something then that's their prerogative. Currently there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that having too much in game gold is having a negative impact on the UO Economy. The lack of players not the excess of gold is what's effecting the UO Economy.

The game is flooded with items and a lack of players to buy them. Sonoma which used to be a very active shard has now become a ghost town. UO unfortunately is probably not gaining more players than it's losing.

Prices on items are coming down in the game across the board on all shards because the increase in competition in conjunction with the lack of demand.

Also none of the recent steps taken by the Dev team indicate they are trying to limit the amount of gold in the game. Weight of gold was reduced, Bags of Sending were reactivated, Gold on Monsters was increased, Gold at Champion Spawns was increased. The New Brittainian ship was made available at UOgamecodes making an item that was going for 150M is now selling for 20M.

Perhaps the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...

Personally I think the idea that gold sinks are needed is a bunch of rubbish.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 03:40:50 PM »
If they truly wanted to suck trillions of gold out of the game, they should have made those housing plots not count against the account that wins them.

Trillions.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 06:26:04 PM »
If they truly wanted to suck trillions of gold out of the game, they should have made those housing plots not count against the account that wins them.

Trillions.

I second this thought.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 08:33:24 PM »
I had also posted the script on EasyUO... but with 11 downloads and zero comments .. I think that will be the last usefull thing i post up thier.

Not that I am anywhere near the script writers of a lot of the coders on this site, but this is one of the reasons I've chosen to release my scripts here rather than on EasyUO.  This isn't the only reason, but it is a big one, and while there has been less feedback here than I might have liked as well, I think I received a lot more feedback here than I might have on EasyUO, especially for the number of downloads they might have had (and given that the scripts are meant to be started and left to run until they finish their task, they might not have been as well accepted there either!).  

I can say that I really appreciated you releasing this script, as even though I could run around and manually buy the tickets, this just made things easier for me on the few shards I play and on a few others in which I had accumulated a little gold.  I can't wait until tomorrow morning now, so I can see just how many plots I might win!  
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:38:10 PM by Dixie Wrecked »
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2011, 09:19:34 PM »
So from reading the other thread on Stratics, it seems everyone wants to bagball the crap out of the tombstones...sounds like something you should add to the script to just piss them off more!!!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 05:27:02 AM »
So from reading the other thread on Stratics, it seems everyone wants to bagball the crap out of the tombstones...sounds like something you should add to the script to just piss them off more!!!

LOL if it was running longer i would.  Although I very much doubt that was my script in question.  Today is the end... good luck everyone... I only purchased tickets on 2 shards and not many at that ... was just a bit of fun to write this realitively simple script.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 07:38:13 AM »
How will they show up? Did anybody win one?

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 08:58:41 AM »
How will they show up? Did anybody win one?

little scrolls like the forged pardons in your backpack.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2011, 09:03:01 AM »
Of the toon that bought the ticket or first logged in on that acount?
(I dont think i won any - but only ivested in the 10 k ones)

Tags: