Author Topic: Another Way for Heartwood Quest?  (Read 9461 times)

Offline Crome969Topic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Another Way for Heartwood Quest?
« on: January 05, 2009, 12:43:35 PM »
Hi @ all
my Last Work is a Heartwood Questmaker 4 Freeshards (that can have Mobile Banks )
now i`ve Got the 'problem i must to identificate The Quests (  i use only the Quests who need  Low Ressources) use Ocr  >:(
Are There other Ways?

Greetz Crome

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Another Way for Heartwood Quest?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 12:49:36 PM »
Nope, no other way at the moment.  OCR all the way!  (yay, shift key working again!)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 12:59:28 PM »
Nope, no other way at the moment.  OCR all the way!  (yay, shift key working again!)

Damn i hate ocr ^^ i need a ScreenZoom Tool to Find The Needet Location.. and at this way i canot use MultiAccounts anymore :&

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 01:00:45 PM »
Well you can do multiple accounts, but you need to use a virtual machine for each account.  Makes the scripts run smoother as well.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 01:40:17 PM »
I've done up to 3 accts without a virtual machine.  You just need to make sure that the clients are moved around perfectly so the quest menu can be seen on all 3 screens.  Virtual machines are easier tough if u know how to set them up.  I couldn't figure it out or find a good tutorial so i just moved my gameplay screens around. 

What you do need though is to open two separate easy uos and have them in two diff locations with diff copies of the script if you do it my lazy way because the rail script cannot handle being called by two scripts at the same time.  I hade on copy on desktop and the other in my doc. so they didn't conflict when running the rails

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 03:22:12 PM »
I've done up to 3 accts without a virtual machine.  You just need to make sure that the clients are moved around perfectly so the quest menu can be seen on all 3 screens.  Virtual machines are easier tough if u know how to set them up.  I couldn't figure it out or find a good tutorial so i just moved my gameplay screens around. 

What you do need though is to open two separate easy uos and have them in two diff locations with diff copies of the script if you do it my lazy way because the rail script cannot handle being called by two scripts at the same time.  I hade on copy on desktop and the other in my doc. so they didn't conflict when running the rails
Sometimes i have running 8 or 10 clients.. and Every Script had his own euox client..
The problem is at Ocr if i want Surf at Firefox or use icq or do something other..
Thne The Script only Found Blackpixel

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 03:34:34 PM »
The nice thing about virtual machines is that each one has it's own virtual viewport, so you can even have the VM minimized and it'll still OCR just fine.  But that's some serious resources if you are using VMWare Workstation.  For that number of VMs, I'd go with VMware server to better manage the system resources.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 12:25:21 AM »
The nice thing about virtual machines is that each one has it's own virtual viewport, so you can even have the VM minimized and it'll still OCR just fine.  But that's some serious resources if you are using VMWare Workstation.  For that number of VMs, I'd go with VMware server to better manage the system resources.
VMware Server?
where do you can have it?
Perhaps i need one ;D

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 12:44:22 AM »
Do a web search for VMware.  There's free software for it.  You just have to have a copy of an OS to use for it.  Either Win2000, Win2003, WinXP or god forbid Vista!

I guess that's not actually free though.  Perhaps VirtualBox would be better.  Can't really do the same number of VMs with that, though.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 12:48:13 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 01:15:33 PM »
VMPlayer is free just not VMWorkstation.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 01:49:27 PM »

The only problem with VMplayer is you still need to be able to create a VM somehow.  I'm not sure how to do that without either Server or Workstation since I have never used Player before.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 04:11:17 PM »

The only problem with VMplayer is you still need to be able to create a VM somehow.  I'm not sure how to do that without either Server or Workstation since I have never used Player before.

VMware can be used for free at home, you just need to register and ask for a serial.
As long as you don't use it comercially you can use the most of the program for free.

Download it .. VMware Server Console
Ask for the serials .. you will get an email ..
create your own virtual machines ...
only other thing you need is a valid OS to install

cu
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 04:22:52 PM by rana70 »

Offline casca

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • casca has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 05:57:16 PM »

I've had 5 going... the client moving around thing is pretty easy.  Make a pathfinding script that you call seperately, and implement a token passing system.  When the client that is moving is moving he has the token and all other clients wait to move until he is done.  The first client to start moving next is the one that gets the token and so on.  I've done this successfully.

After 5 clients (and 5 is really pushing the envelope) I've seen strange things happen (not related to movement, but more to the OCR failing). I've been able to have 4 going nicely without hiccups though and averaging about 120 quests per hour (each client) if I don't lumber the wood.  I've found that 1 lumber jack for every 2.5 questors seems to work well with about a 500-750 board per hour overage.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 05:59:25 PM »
Casca, were you VMing or just Multiclienting?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline casca

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • casca has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 07:58:51 PM »
Casca, were you VMing or just Multiclienting?

MultiClienting. I have tried VMing with a pretty impressive server (Dual Processor 12 gigs of ram 4 TB array etc...) and I haven't had a lot of luck.  The VMs aren't able to do the graphics well so things are laggy (Which is handy for exploiting at times but I have not had a lot of success running more than 2 clients in one VM). I have never tried it on an ESX server but I do have it going in VMware Server on a Windows 2008 Enterprise box (specs above).

Any tricks on getting the video performance to come in line? 

Anyone seen or heard of the linux version of the uo client? Does it still work? I remember back in the day they had one and you could do quite a bit with that if it were still around...

(The lag seems to really effect the Quests per hour - I have stats on my heartwood script and I can't get more than 35/hr when I have more than 2 clients running in a VM)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 08:00:39 PM by casca »

Tags: