Author Topic: Faction silver?  (Read 11730 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Faction silver?
« on: June 16, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
Ok, so I'm going to demonstrate how much I don't know about UO.  Can someone please describe ways that you get faction silver, and in your ideal world the best ways to farm it? 

I haven't done much with factions, and it seems like there's some relatively new developments with it including the faction items.

At this point, I'm hoping I'm not the ONLY faction noob out there.  heh
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Faction silver?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »
Daemon Temple on the Isle of Fire is by far the best way to accumulate silver. The spawn is super fast and I've calculated it to be approximately 7k per hour in silver. It's a highly contested spot however depending on your shard.

I farmed over 500k in Silver thanks to C2 on the Daemon Temple!

If someone knows a better spot I'd love to hear about it.  ;D

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 12:19:08 PM »
Does it drop everywhere in Fel when you are in a faction?  It's been a while since I've played in a Faction, so I'm a bit unschooled with it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 12:19:43 PM »
Blighted grove

lure coil away with a peacer and farm the silver serps. i forgot the numbers but def more than 10k/hour

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 12:21:23 PM »
Demon temple is the fastest, they give the most silver and they spawn like blazes.  Set a rune on top of the temple near the penagram and start kicking them around.  Keep in mind that the faction creature you can spawn does NOT include the creature your faction is aligned with, so when you sign up for SL don't plan on farming demons, for TB you can't farm serpents, for council of mages no wisps, and for Minax no ogre lords.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 12:22:23 PM »
Does it drop everywhere in Fel when you are in a faction?  It's been a while since I've played in a Faction, so I'm a bit unschooled with it.

yes, any of the 3 types against your faction in fel

for instance, if your CoM you cannot kill wisps for silver
SL cannot kill daemons
Min cannot kill ogre lords
TB cant kill silver serps

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 12:23:07 PM »
heh, beat me to it paul

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 12:23:49 PM »
Yes TM anywhere in Felucca depending on what monster you kill and what faction your in:

From Stratics:

Slain monsters with faction affiliation:

* Minax: Ogre Lords - 30 silver
    * Council of Mages: Wisps - 20 silver
    * True Britannians: Silver Serpents - 30 silver
    * Shadowlords: Daemons (not summoned daemons) - 30 silver

How fast is that Blighted Grove spawn? How much silver per hour?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 12:24:29 PM »
Ah, I see.  So for example, if you are in TB, you can get silver from ogre lords, daemons and wisps?  (just not silver serpents)?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »
blghted grove silver serps spawn prolly 10 -15 secs after killing one. and since 2 spawn there its basically non-stop.

also, if you have a whammy/sampire u can pretty much do it afk since they die in 3 swings and youll leech all the life you need

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 12:28:03 PM »
Sounds like serps are faster than demons, and I wonder if they are less camped?  I like the demon temple because you can port in, but its probably preference in any event.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 12:29:26 PM »
ive never seen them camped on my server

daemon temple sounds like a pain to be honest, drags, greater drags, and drakes all roaming around. seems like a lot of luring away

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 12:29:56 PM »
Ah, thanks guys for the summary.  I guess the other reason I'm thinking about this is I was going to add silver to the CLAw as well as a silver/hr computation to the STATS menu.  For my part, I need to test it so I needed to know where to go and what to farm.

On Silver serpents, how do you manage that horrid poison?  Unfortunately, silver serpents are one of the first horror stories I encountered when I was young playing UO.  I died by one in the Lost Lands, and then it set up camp around my body back in the days when you didn't get all your loots back when you double-click your corpse.  I spent and hour trying to get my stuff back.  I wish I had a screen capture of the 20 bodies littered around.  I finally got all my stuff.  lol.  Silver serpents suck!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 12:39:12 PM »
Serps are a breeze nowadays. Reptile or snake slayer weapon on a Sammi/Whammi makes it like swatting flies. I kill them with two or three spells max with my mage and a Reptile slayer spellbook. EV's rip them up. Tamers rip them up. Etc, etc. Pretty easy with any PvM character.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 12:41:03 PM »
Does Arch Cure or Cleanse by Fire work for that horrid poison?  That's what originally made me keel over.  I think I got one screen away.  lol
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: