Author Topic: Imbuing trials....  (Read 13144 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Imbuing trials....
« on: December 07, 2009, 06:18:38 PM »
Will update this post as my findings come in.

Berserkers Maul and have dmg inc put down to 1, leaving the 75% SSI, then being able to add a slayer and Hit Something. 100% phy
Alchemist Bauble can have EXTRA added to it, it is BELOW max.
Soul Seeker - Must remove the SSI to be able to lower other intensities to put a different slayer on :( 100% cold
Knights Holy BP: If you remove the +10 hps you can up all the other resists keeping the 35 phy.
Winds Edge: You can lower both the HML and DI to add a slayer property.  Either or will add it. 100% energy
The Taskmaster: Lowering the HPA from 100% to 50% gives you room to add one more NEW property. 100% poison
Daimyo's Helm (10%SSI): Can have two resists maxed out as well as one additional, 3 total.
Blade of Insanity: If you lower dmg inc to 1, you can add an additional property, i.e. another hit, slayer ect, (to add slayer you need to lower the SSI too) 100% phy
Exiler: You can not only change the slayer type, but you can ALSO ADD another mod to it as well as max out the SSI to 30%.  This seems to be the best weapon so far for slayer mods. 100% energy.
Frostbringer: You can ADD TWO additional mods to this, but you will have to lower either hit dispel or dmg inc. 100% cold bow.
Darkened Sky: You can ADD TWO additional mods to this as well, again having to lower the very high hit lightning or the dmg inc. 50% cold 50% energy
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 07:22:40 PM by Coragin »
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
Re: Imbuing trials....
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 07:27:23 PM »
Well thats what I got so far, I am bored of doing it, I want to prepare for this.  Seems Exiler, Dayimos Helm, Darkened Sky, Soul Seeker will all have new life brought into them.  Although I do admit losing the 60% SSI for 30% on the soul seeker will suck, swapping slayers rules!

If its blessed you still cant imbue it, but the things from the museum and library as long as it isint a set piece, can be imbued, this includes blackthorns kryss.  And you can swap out the slayer mod! 
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 08:07:56 PM »
Did you try the newbie quest items?  Also - what about Shamino's Best Crossbow?  Yes, I know they are blessed, but it never hurts to check...

:)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 04:16:45 AM »
Man there are so many items that might benefit... if you get time could you check these two out for me?

Helm of Swiftness - Add resists?
Djinni's Ring - Add properties? FCR especially, Imagine a 2/3 ring with SDI on it ;)

Here's a list of some that *might* be better modified.

Bow of the Juka King - Can SSI be added?
Nights Kiss - Change Slayer?
Polar Bear Mask - Resists?
Hanzo's Bow - Can SSI be added?
Peasant's Bokuto - Change Slayer?
Sword of the Stampede - SSI add?
Horselord - Slayer Change (It's a Dual Slayer, if we could set the 2 slayer types this might be great for champs)
Bonesmasher - ??
Brightsight Lenses - Resists?
Raed's Glory - More SSI?
Talon Bite - More SSI?
Wildfire and Windsong - ??
Rune Carving Knife - Add SSI?
Mischief Maker - Change Slayer?
Essence of Battle - Add anything?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 05:20:52 AM »
The soul seeker with 30 swing and a new slayer is good enough for me. :)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 05:24:04 AM »
Seriously... Now I may go swords again on my farmer ROFL.

But how nice is Night's Kiss for Fencing? You could have a full set of slayers, it'd be like little Blackthorne's Kryss'
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 05:26:30 AM »
Seriously... Now I may go swords again on my farmer ROFL.

But how nice is Night's Kiss for Fencing? You could have a full set of slayers, it'd be like little Blackthorne's Kryss'

Did you not read you can change the blackthorne's kryss slayer? :)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 05:28:09 AM »
Yes, but it already comes in all the super slayers... so what would you change it to?

I don't know how much they sell for, but Nights Kiss is about as good, and it's cheap, and now you can pick the slayer.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 06:53:58 AM »
Also we can bump the resist on armor of fortune and hat of magi up so it will be alot nicer to own one now.  Place a resist on pendant of magi also now.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 07:06:39 AM »
just a note... yo can craft regular barbed, horned etc. leggings now and get the material bonuses without them flaggin as properties.  a few tests and a crafted pair had 5/500 weight to start.  this is so much nice than making all of them and then breaking them trying to get the extra resists on over and over.  WOW!

Before, I would sit there making plain leather ones until i nailed a resist or two... do all the imbuing ... and then fail to enhance several times. 
Now, It is smarter, for armor at least, to use material first.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 11:13:43 AM »
Helm of swiftness - no nothing, sucks.
Armor of Fortune - I wasent able to add anything.  Maybe dropping the luck or LRC would do something.
Nights Kiss - Yes You should be able to change slayers.
Exiler is another one.

Now I want to test out doing some of the following...

Soul Seeker is 100% Cold
Exiler is 100% Energy
Nights Kiss is 100% Physical
Theres a few others with 50/50 of two and there is taskmaster 100% poison

I would like to see which ones you could put UBWS on!

Just imagine a badass slayer with 100% elemental dmg that hurts the most.  And IF you can make it a single slayer, like for Rikky, 100% Cold DRAGON not reptile.  Remember single slayers do 25% MORE dmg now.  So having multiples of the same weapon, but with different slayer mods!  Some super if needed, some single, which makes them MORE powerful!  And on top of that, single slayer hold less weight than supers lol!

I Imbued a 100% Cold Pitchfork Spider slayer with 25% SSI and like 40% HSL UBWS and soloed Mephitis this morning!  The whole spawn!  In ish, but I still did it, no discord, no nothing!

I cant imagine when I get a spider slayer on a soul seeker!  Dragon Slayer???  OMG!  There are tons of applications for this stuff.  Demons and Balrons, Succubi are ALL very weak to energy.  So exiler is already perfect, but there are others too.

So basicly I want a whole series of soul seekers one for each slayer, super and single!  Would be great for champs!

Now, Djinns ring, yes it can be in theory.  But they dont give you replicas on test :(  Sadly I could not test them.
Alchemists bauble is another big one, I think its only at 350 weight or somethign close.  So you can add A TON more mods!  Pick your poison there.

Making woodland armor is gonna be the way to go here guys, out of heartwood, at least for dexxers and archers, because you have the chance to have either 5% HCI or 10% DI.  Also mage armor.  http://www.uoguide.com/wood/

Thing I love most about being a whammy and want most in a weapon besides 100% x dmg and SSI?  HIT STAMINA LEECH!  I detest carrying pots.  And this new system will allow me to do just that, not carry refresh.

My question is this, speculation is welcome...

How long will this be on test usually before it goes live?  Or at least to Origin?  Few days?  Week?  Month?  I am uber excited about this.  So look for a new post in guild area on how were gonna capitalize on this change.

FYI ALL Imbuers: I have a human imbuer and a garg.  I can tell you with more certainty than the sun rising and setting, being a garg makes ALL the difference in success.  Change your race now!

Is there a quest to become garg?  Because I want my human a garg now too.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 11:24:09 AM »
Also we can bump the resist on armor of fortune and hat of magi up so it will be alot nicer to own one now.  Place a resist on pendant of magi also now.

There goes the game.

The whole BOD and crafting system is now officially obsolete, wouldn't you say?
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 11:24:29 AM »
Armor of Fortune - I wasent able to add anything.  Maybe dropping the luck or LRC would do something.

Lower the Luck for sure. The only reason to use this is for the LRC... this with a pendant and/or orny take out a HUGE chunk of your 100% LRC suits.

As for slayers, you are reading my mind. A full set of Slayers for each spawn, all with 100% damage type which hits against the majority of the mobs weakest, would have you walking through spawns.

For swords, nothing beats Soul Seeker. Whirlwind, all those leeches, that's a wicked blade. If you could change the slayer AND the elemental damage, we can make up specific champ weapons.

Same thing for Nights Kiss. Not the same leeches, but with a Wraith leeching mana, that 25% HP leech would work nicely.

*We'll get together after the patch and you can enhance my Djinns ring for me :)

Thanks again for all this testing.... +1 Karma.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 11:57:04 AM »
Lowering the luck to 1 on the armor of fort brings the intensity to 451/450.

I suppose you could drop the lrc to 20 and cap out a resist so you'd still have 15 dci/lrc 20/cap fire resist. Seems okay I guess if you gain 13 additional resists on each armor piece crafted with barbed armor.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 12:36:14 PM »
How about set armor? Assassin leggings or something... It has the SSI already on it, but resists are pretty poor. Could you buff the resists and keep the swing speed?

I'm fairly certain that whatever you do, when the entire set is present it would over ride any other changes made to the armor and give you the "complete set stats".

Tags: