Author Topic: Protection pets for non-tamers/crafters  (Read 4769 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Protection pets for non-tamers/crafters
« on: December 09, 2009, 01:01:19 PM »
I dont know if anyone else has had the frustration of dying while script mining or lumberjacking, but it sucks.  Or for your imbuer crafter to try and gain loyalty when you have no offensive skills at all.  That would be teh suck as well.  But, fear not, your good buddy Coragin has found a way to have you protected while mining, lumberjacking and allow you to gain in loyalty to use the queens forge, without altering your template!

Rudy Boura's and Lowland Boura's start with 500 hps and can be owned by anyone, no skill needed.  So what you do here is get a couple of these bad boys, either buy them form a tamer or use your own tamer.  Wait till they bond, then have them fight eachother raising their skills.  If you got a tamer to run a healing script that works great.  Once they are maxxed out in fighting you could always try to get their resists up too, but I would not worry about that myself.

Now Bouras also have pack instinct, which makes them deadly when they work together.  Also with 500 hps they arent going to die to the avg frost troll, orc, ogre ect.  And because they have bonded they will recall with you.  Start your favortie mining script and say all follow me all guard me.  Now when you are attacked, these things will kill it FAST.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Protection pets for non-tamers/crafters
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 01:36:12 PM »
Vollems are nice too... the kind you get with expansion, not the kind you make.

Like little Nightmares, but you can't ride them. Wish you could transfer them....
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 02:15:01 PM »

Like little Nightmares, but you can't ride them. Wish you could transfer them....

People using these to 24/7 mine and such are just going to lose them eventually. :)  You watch...

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 02:59:55 PM »

People using these to 24/7 mine and such are just going to lose them eventually. :)  You watch...

Thats why I choose Boura's, they are nice and remind me of those big things in star wars, banthas.  Oh I totally know what I am naming them now. "A Bantha" and gonna make a new miner and LJ bot named "Luke Skywalker"
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 09:21:08 AM »
Get a stable full of them then because you will lose bonded pets sometimes on a resource gathering toon. I'm not sure how it happens but I know it happens.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 09:41:14 AM »
OR, and I'm just going a little crazy out here on a limb - feel free to hop on if you'd like, put a mage weapon in your hand while you mine or lumberjack with a SC axe with swordsmanship on your char (or even just max HCI TBH).

I haven't died to anything but other players since I started doing this and it's a lot easier ;)

Still a cool idea though!!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 12:55:38 PM »
Yea but my miners also are filled with other crafting skills lol.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 01:01:01 PM »
:P

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 05:00:22 PM »
Yeah, my miner uses a super crappy spell channeling mage weapon -24 axe with no neg cast, its the DCI/HCI that makes the diff and keep protection on if its using magery. With chiv, try to go 4 casting and max out your karma. Good luck having anything get you when you do that :) I've seen my guy take on 5 brigands just wtf pwning them left and right while lumberjacking
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: