Author Topic: How to imbure a 40% SSI Bow or Wood Weapon Easy.  (Read 11435 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
How to imbure a 40% SSI Bow or Wood Weapon Easy.
« on: December 10, 2009, 10:52:20 AM »
Okay with the new changes to the imbuing system coming soon, this will make some weapons godlike, wooden ones are one of them.  You can make a bow with all the mods you want plus 40% SSI, or a bokuto or whatever.

First make the weapon normally, or find a weapon with as few to no mods at all with elemental damage if you wish. 

Next, use powder of fort on it to get durability to 255.

Next, if it has ANY mods on it, even just dmg increase, open imbue menu and decrease them ALL to as low as they will go.

Next IMBUE said weapon with 30% SSI

Next ENHANCE said weapon with ASH (+10% SSI)

Next imbue the mods you want on said item.

Now, the reason you want little to no mods for enhance is because the lower the intensity and weight of ALL mods, the higher your chance to enhance, less fails and breakage.  I cannot guarantee no breakage and wasting of POF, but I will guarantee it will be a LOT less than imbuing all the mods you want, THEN imbuing.  Success rate should be fairly high and a great way to make some gold through Luna selling.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: How to imbure a 40% SSI Bow or Wood Weapon Easy.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 10:54:57 AM »
you don't do it easily.  the bow break rate is horrible.  You pretty much make three of everythign and then hope one survives.

On another note... 30 ssi is fine if you are rocking a high stam inc suit.  if u are in the 170's and higher, you swing the bow at max anyways.  no reason to wast it.  consider making a 20 ssi bow and enhancing it to 30ssi.

You may be surprised!

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 11:03:39 AM »
Think about this C2, if 30% SSI is the ONLY mod on the item, minus say 1% Dmg Increase the chances to succeed on enhancing goes up BIG TIME.  Then you imbue the rest of everythin AFTER you enhance it.  Just saying this way is much easier than the way we have to currently do it, which is do all the mods we want then HOPE the enhance dont break it. 

With the changes going into effect, the only mods we need to put on anything we enhance is anythin we want to boost with the special material.  Anything the special material wont do, you wait till after you enhance it.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 11:10:08 AM »
I'll take a 40 SSI please LOL.

I'll have to run these through the imbuing calculator to see if they can be done...

I have specific things I want on my bows.

In order of importance....

Heavy XBow
SSI, HLD, DI, HCI ; dismount bow, hope to get the HLD on them, if not it needs to be quick enough to get a second shot

Composite
SSI, HML, DI, HCI ; armor ignore and moving shot spammer, HML is to replenish mana for the specials

Shortbow
SSI, HML, DI, HLD ; machine gun for working spawns, HML is to replenish mana for that lightning area shot

XBow
SSI, Fireball, DI, HCI ; the heavy hitter, concussion blow with fireball can be wicked

Bow
SSI, HML, DI, HCI ; the freezer, HML is to replenish mana to chain paralyzing shot

Tell me what I need to get that full set together and I'll make it happen LOL
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 11:17:55 AM »
Cor- that is the way to do it if u want a high success rate for sure and the changes allow you to do it.. bu ti would rather break a few getting it to go up and not having it eat into my total weight.  the extra DI or whatever you choose will make the difference.  The stamina part is true though.  If you have that cranked up- most bows swing at max with 20-30 ssi.  Fact- many folks, well some folks, are certainly paying way to much attention to getting higher ssi when they may not need it based on the suit build.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 11:19:48 AM »
My suit builds are based on maxxing resists/hci/dci/di and high lrc.  I know its weird, but I HATE carrying regs.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 11:43:46 AM »
Cor- that is the way to do it if u want a high success rate for sure and the changes allow you to do it.. bu ti would rather break a few getting it to go up and not having it eat into my total weight.  the extra DI or whatever you choose will make the difference.  The stamina part is true though.  If you have that cranked up- most bows swing at max with 20-30 ssi.  Fact- many folks, well some folks, are certainly paying way to much attention to getting higher ssi when they may not need it based on the suit build.

C2 -- I am probably one of those guys.  I did not realize that 20-30 SSI should be enough if you have that extra stamina.  I also do not like to carry regs, so all of the suits I imbue have at least 18% LRC added to them.  I am looking forward to all the new changes.  The big one to me is that you can imbue an item after you have enhanced it, which will save losing a lot of Imbuing ingredients!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 12:04:40 PM »
The stamina/swing speed thing is how I get away with running such low dex on my fencer... :)  Low dex/high swing fencing weapons equals high enough swing to be considered a dexer, and high enough mana to fight like a mage with it... :)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 12:27:19 PM »
The quickest bows are repeater and shortbow. Other then that they are all like 4 second or more weapons.

To get to a decent swing rate, you really need max ssi on the weapon. I thought that 170 stamina was the same as 150. Didn't they change the break points to increments of 30? So a more reasonable range to try to get would be 90, 120 and 150. And once you move a little, or get hit, you will loose some stamina. So I strive to keep a MINIMUM of 90 stamina at all times, and try to keep my stats set to give me 140 or so, with a wish list of 150.

Swing speed on strong bows is necessary and I'll even go as far to say that MAX swing speed on strong bows is necessary. If you don't think so, have a shoot off with your 20 SSI against their 30.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 01:01:52 PM »
ssi is the most important mod on bows tbh, if you make an suit 170+ you will have less mana, less hp =/ is better put more ssi and low stam to get better mods on the runics.

Offline xapcx

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xapcx has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 07:47:26 PM »
OK I need some help on imbuing a Bokuto... I see these around town and on luna vendors...

Bokuto
Imbued
Hit Life Leech 16
Mage Weapon -20
Spell Channeling
Hit Point Regen 2
DCI 15
Damage increase 15

I understand the life leech and HPR are from enhancing - but is this done after making the weapon.. then taking a chance it busts? 

I tried making the weapon with the mods (everything at minimum - DI 1, MW 29, DCI 1) then enhanced with bloodwood.  Then I was going to go back and bump the mods where I could but it will not allow me to change the mods after enhancing?

Makes me think I have to risk the enhancment after completing the wanted mods... if this is so, whats the chance of destroying the weapon?

Thanks

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 07:51:15 PM »
That bokuto appears to be imbued with bloodwood.  I don't think it's that great, honestly.  Important mods need to be higher than 15 or 16%...

Enhancing looks to be the last step to create this weapon, though.  I don't see how you could imbue it after it's been enhanced, unless the HPR doesn't register on the imbuing weight.

:)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 08:05:37 PM »
you make it then imbue enhance with bloodwood as teh last step.  it adds the hpr and a little life leech

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 09:23:38 PM »
One problem with making a starter then powder it to 255 and imbue di to 1% and ssi to 30ssi and enhance with ash wood and then try to put rest of the mods on.  Ash will use more imbue weight and a mod of lower req. I have been running a bit over 50% success rate on 35 ssi max imbue weight comps and about 35-40% success rate on 40 ssi comps.  The worst streak I had was breaking 4 in a row to make a 40 ssi.   

Offline casca

• Activity:
    0%
  • casca has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 07:22:03 AM »
I'll take a 40 SSI please LOL.

I'll have to run these through the imbuing calculator to see if they can be done...

I have specific things I want on my bows.

In order of importance....

Heavy XBow
SSI, HLD, DI, HCI ; dismount bow, hope to get the HLD on them, if not it needs to be quick enough to get a second shot

Composite
SSI, HML, DI, HCI ; armor ignore and moving shot spammer, HML is to replenish mana for the specials

Shortbow
SSI, HML, DI, HLD ; machine gun for working spawns, HML is to replenish mana for that lightning area shot

XBow
SSI, Fireball, DI, HCI ; the heavy hitter, concussion blow with fireball can be wicked

Bow
SSI, HML, DI, HCI ; the freezer, HML is to replenish mana to chain paralyzing shot

Tell me what I need to get that full set together and I'll make it happen LOL

Cerveza, you should try without DI.  DI is extremely easy to get other places, and for spawns Hit Area is nice and stacks with the lightning area shot which makes things roll a lot faster.  In addition, HCI is also pretty easy to get (esp if you use faction arties), so Hit Lower Attack or Hit Lightning/Fireball is nice because of the extra damage they bring to the table.  Hit Lower Attack is just plain retarded, if you wear the Faction Mace & Shields you have the best of both worlds and the other guy can't hit you for *bleep*.

Then again I play a necro mage so what do I know, but hell imbuing is great and if you try those changes I think you will like the result :) I find Hit Lower Attack is very useful in PvM as well.

Tags: