Author Topic: Questions, Properties and thier caps.  (Read 3558 times)

Offline ToptwoTopic starter

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Questions, Properties and thier caps.
« on: December 29, 2009, 05:55:13 AM »
After living all of my UO life in the comfort of Tram I have decided to take the big step and head over to Fel for awhile, Since PvP is so much different then PvM I need some help figuring things out. AS you all know with PvM you just grab a suit and a weapon and head out...but PvP takes so much more thought, as to what you are wearing, and the weapon you are using. C2, Cerv, Twinkle McNugget, and Maddog have helped me a lot in my first steps to learning, but there is a lot more to learn, and I have questions, so decided to post them up here and ask the members..plus I will get the added benifit of having it all written down in the referance section! Thanks in advance for bearing with me on what will most likely be a lot of stupid questions!

I am going to star by posting the item property/cap that I have taken off of Stratics from this page: http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30743#dci

Property                         Cap

Damage Increase              100
Defense Chance Inc            45
Faster Cast Recovery           6
Faster Casting                   (2) mage (4) chiv
Hit Chance Inc                   45
Lower Mana Cost                40
Mana Regen                       18
Resists                              70 each property.

Ok, I guess my first question would be which of these can be enhanced past their caps for some benifit? For instance, I have learned that taking the resists on armor past the 70 cap is benificial. If you have 85 Fire resist for instance, you are Corpse skin proof. Since corpse skin lowers your fire resist by 15 it would drop it back down to 70 and you will be fine. Are there any of these other properties that can be, or is benificial to take past the listed cap? HCI? DCI? DI?For instance is it is it worth it, or can you bring DCI up so if you get hit with HLD your DCI stays "higher"?

Next question (stupid one most likely, but I want to be sure on this) I am assuming that a cap is a cap weather it achieved on armor/jewls or weapon? For instance, if you have achieved 100 Damage Increase on your armor and jewls, does it do any good to have more on your weapon also? Or is that just a wasted mod?

FC/FCR Stratics lists the cap for a mage at 2/6 casting, and for Chiv at 4/6 is this still true? Or is it outdated..for instance the Novo/Etoile Bleue jewl set has 3/6 casting on it if worn as a set...is that just wasted on a mage then as it is already past the cap? (not that I would wear it into battle, just asking).

Mana Regen. I had always thought, and have been told that mana regen caps at 10, yet stratics lists it at 18..is this a typo on their part or did something change?

Well, there is a start on some questions, and if I find myself needing more answers I will be back LOL!

Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 07:15:33 AM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
Re: Questions, Properties and thier caps.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 07:25:13 AM »
First off i am no expert but I can help with this part.  There are 2 caps yes I say 2 different caps one for PvM and another much modified for PvP.  So when you mention a cap you will need to specify which cap you are wanting.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 07:29:30 AM »
You also need to take into account the enemy.  If you expect to get hit with Hit Lower Defense, you'll want DCI to be 15% above cap, (i.e. 60 instead of 45).  Same with HCI.

Mana regen is king, as I'm learning.  Also, if you have a big hole in your suit (like my archer with 49 fire), the enemy will exploit it and crisp you.

:)

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 07:51:16 AM »
It helps to know what character we're dealing with here also, with skills/stats... suit...?  What's on it... what your primary goal with the character is...?  All the relevant info. :)  What you want to be able to do with the character...  I never start out thinking "I want this this and this on my character."  I usually ask myself, "What do I want this character to be able to DO?"  Then I work a template from that.  Then I try to maximize the suit/mods/stats from what is available, then I make a strategy based on what I have at the time, and adjust that strategy as I get better items/suit. :)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 08:40:13 AM »
Exactly what Twinkle McNugget said.  You can build a pvp suit that is so so just to get into it and get some practice.  Survivability is based on your suit and your skills.  Kills are based on your skills solely with just a bit of great timing and luck.

Tags: